New to the Roleplaying Forums?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
You know, I have to address this issue.

Something that SmileyDemon said. About us Ask roleplayers being entitled, or whatever. I know he was just trying to justify why he wanted to be Veigar in the Ship Party thread, but that's all wrong. He didn't seem to understand that it was mostly because of us that the Roleplaying Forum was even created. To separate the frequent Ask Champions antics/interactions from the pure Lore discussions.

Doesn't that sound about right?
No offense, but the way you put it, it sounds like you're saying the Ask-thread-ers spammed the Lore forums till you got your own. :P

Ask the Herald

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
No offense, but the way you put it, it sounds like you're saying the Ask-thread-ers spammed the Lore forums till you got your own. :P
I don't want it to sound that way cuz it makes it seem more like damage control on the Moderators' part, but yeah. Kinda. That's what it can mean, too.

Footie 117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2012

My hero!!!!

Rebonack

06-22-2012

The obvious problem with the Ask-folks taking sole control of specific champions is that there's a pretty darn decent chance that more than 99 people are going to show interest in RPing on this new sub-forum and that'll leave quite the shortage of champions to choose from.

Though personally I can't fathom the draw of glomming onto another person's character rather than creating your own. Given how many custom champion concepts pop up you would think people would jump at the chance to use their own Original Characters.

Iron Ambássador

06-23-2012

There are a lot of original characters here, but custom champions, aren't usually that well taken. People don't seem to like the idea of someone pretending to be a champion, that does not exist according to Riot and their threads are downvoted and semi-trolled to death.

Ask the Herald

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
The obvious problem with the Ask-folks taking sole control of specific champions is that there's a pretty darn decent chance that more than 99 people are going to show interest in RPing on this new sub-forum and that'll leave quite the shortage of champions to choose from.

Though personally I can't fathom the draw of glomming onto another person's character rather than creating your own. Given how many custom champion concepts pop up you would think people would jump at the chance to use their own Original Characters.
Well, you snooze you lose. The Ask thing has been going on for a while, the first being LeBlanc, and it's not going anytime soon.

The thing is, though, that you guys are missing the point.

In the Lore forum all of us Askers were keeping everything going and taking all the spotlight. Then Riot staff created a new forum for us to frolick in - the RP Forum. This forum might not exist if not for the Ask trend. We did push the "roleplay" thing pretty far, so yeah.

If you don't like us, then too bad. We're here, and we're here to stay. People need to learn that just because they like a champion doesn't mean the can just waltz in here and try to roleplay that champion. There's a reason for that Stickied thread called "List of Running Ask ___ Threads". Claiming a champion is like reserving a table at a fancy restaurant - you're guaranteed the use of the champion unless you decide you don't want it anymore, and nobody else is allowed to use that champion until you're done with it.

Ask the Monkey

06-23-2012

Besides, you don't have to be a champion. I am really tired of people coming here and thinking that Rp-ing is to take a champion and make an ask thread.

Rebonack

06-23-2012

Quote:
There are a lot of original characters here, but custom champions, aren't usually that well taken. People don't seem to like the idea of someone pretending to be a champion, that does not exist according to Riot and their threads are downvoted and semi-trolled to death.
That seems like an awfully ******tish stance to take. And almost without question a violation of the Summoner's Code. Does this apply to RP in general, or simply to people making Ask threads for an OC?

Quote:
The thing is, though, that you guys are missing the point.

In the Lore forum all of us Askers were keeping everything going and taking all the spotlight. Then Riot staff created a new forum for us to frolick in - the RP Forum. This forum might not exist if not for the Ask trend. We did push the "roleplay" thing pretty far, so yeah.

If you don't like us, then too bad. We're here, and we're here to stay.
This is how RP communities on most non-Roleplay focused forums start. Someone begins doing silly things in some tangentially related sub-forum and eventually the Mods give them their own sub-forum so they stop clogging up the one that they started in.

The impression I'm getting is less a case of people not liking you guys and more of... well... you honestly sound like an entitled elitist. People would probably be more receptive of the format you're using if you weren't so hostile to those who aren't using gimmick account names =/

Not trying to be rude here. Just offering some advice gleaned from about a decade and a half of message board RPing. The goal is to have fun with other people and write interesting stories together. If you're stomping all over the fun of others then there's something wrong. If you're getting angry because someone is having fun then there's something dreadfully wrong.

Quote:
Besides, you don't have to be a champion. I am really tired of people coming here and thinking that Rp-ing is to take a champion and make an ask thread.
Well, yes. Pretty much this is more of what I was talking about. Are people being barred from snatching up an existing champion for Non-Ask threads? Or is all this flack just flying around because someone tried to make a second Ask thread for... Yi was it? I can totally understand the latter. The former just seems, well, kind of silly. If you can have two copies of the same champion murdering each other on Summoner's Rift then why not here? =P

Ask the Herald

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
If you can have two copies of the same champion murdering each other on Summoner's Rift then why not here? =P
Technically, the matches players play, canonically, can be considered simply competitive games. In canon there is only one of each champion, but the magic of Summoners can conjure up two copies of one champion, each on one side, for the sole purpose of competition.

If there were more than ONE user on this forum who was trying to portray ONE character, but in different ways, then that may ruin the character and cause chaotic confusion.

Thus we Askers want to limit who can and can't be a champion simply so there's not 60 different Wukongs posting everywhere.

Rebonack

06-23-2012

If you guys are so worried about what's going on being canonically possible then why is someone RPing Brolof?

Aside from that there's no reason to assume that all the various plot threads floating around are a single continuity. In fact, given the subject matter of some of them that's pretty much impossible. Things are already a bit of a jumbled mess. But I suppose that's to be expected given how young this growing RP community is.