Champion Evaluations and other assorted things.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burt Jackson

08-25-2010

This is a carry-over from another thread where the OP was asking for a Champion Evaluation of Nasus. So I wrote one for him. Just for ****s and giggles, I'll probably write more for other champions who don't yet have them. So in effect this thread is going to be a small little collection of my writing projects, starting with Nasus's Champion Evaluation. Feel free to request stuff as well; I may not always have a good idea of who I wish to write for.

Other writing projects:
Eyes: A first-hand account of the Ionian Campaign - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=234027

Burt Jackson

08-25-2010

NASUS EVALUATION

Candidate: Nasus

Date: 27 October, 19 CLE

OBSERVATION

Nasus carries with him an air of blase stoicism, the manner of which is seen in both the enlightened sage and a man who has completely resigned himself to whatever the fates may bring. No display of any kind of emotion ever graced his face. The gentle cadence of his footfalls into the great hall resound with an almost mechanical regularity the likes of which would be more at home within the Royal Guard of Demacia, or the infamous Noxian Black Regiment. Despite the calm and conditioned aura that resonates from his person, a perceptive enough individual begins to notice fractures in the facade.

The most obvious flaw is the creature himself. His massive size and physical build betray the soothing calm permeating his form. His eyes dance about the room in a practiced ballet like a hunter searching for it's prey, leaving no corner of the massive hall unobserved. Every step forward is a deliberate challenge to his foes; his every movement made with a purpose. Completely and utterly utilitarian.

The truest opponent lies within.

The inscription adorning the doors to the Reflection Chamber served to halt the beast's advance for a fleeting moment; a slight tick in the rhythmic meter of his stride the only indication. With a touch, the doors gave way to the murky abyss that was the Reflection Chamber. Confidently; whether born of apathy, tenacity, or ferocity, Nasus stepped into the chamber. The great marble doors sealed its occupant within.

REFLECTION

Nasus stood cloaked in the shroud of darkness for several minutes unmoving, as if patiently waiting for something to happen. When that failed to happen, Nasus merely sat upon the cold marble of the Reflection Chamber floor in meditation. For the first time upon entering the League's legendary halls, his eyes shut. After an indeterminate length of time, a warmth from the front prompted his eyes to open.

Before him was the horizon, blazoned with the flaming reds and oranges of the setting sun. Below that, great dunes of white sand gently shifted with the westward wind. Nasus sat on a high vista, overlooking a grand desert city and the sands beyond it's walls. He sat on the balcony of his city's Great Library; the very place his daily meditations took place. A wave of familiarity washed over him as he took in the foreign sight and smells of his people's land. For just a brief second it was good to be home. However, he had seen this vision before, and he knew what was about to happen.

As if on queue, a thundering roar went up over the horizon as flaming serpents sailed across the sky and smashed into the city proper. Small black figures poured over the white dunes like carrion beetles over the sun-bleached bones of a corpse. Another volley of flaming projectiles rose from the dunes and sailed directly towards the library where Nasus looked on, punching explosively into the walls around him. Stone and shrapnel pelted his form, but still Nasus sat in quiet contemplation.

Upon the third volley of missiles, the black shapes had made it to the front gates. A surge of men within the town rushed to the gates like a flooded river, eager to hold the invaders back. Plumes of smoke rose up over the town as fires began to spread through the city streets. The smoke quickly obscured Nasus' vision, much like the inky blackness of the Reflection Chamber.

"Your people are in danger, and here you still sit?" A mocking voice called from behind. "And here I had marked you for one of compassion."

Nasus remained sitting, and closed his eyes. "There is no need to interfere."

"Interfere?" The voice began to pick up rapport. "Surely you are not unforgiving enough to let your people be slaughtered."

Nasus contemplated his words carefully, and responded in the same calm demeanor. "They have already been slaughtered."

A laugh. In the darkness it appeared to resonate from every direction. "Surely you jest; I can see the battle from where I stand right here!"

As if on queue, the Great Library began to rumble. Bookshelves toppled over on top of each other, scattering their contents across the polished floor. Columns cracked and crumbled under the stress which the battle outside inflicted upon it. Stone chunks rained down from the sky as the ceiling buckled and broke. The entire Library was coming undone. A howling gale picked up from the west blowing fiercely against the walls of the library, and slowly but surely it began to topple over in a cacophony of grinding stone and steel.

Then there was silence.

"So you would sit here and do nothing then, is that it?" The mocking voice replied. "That is something to which I cannot abide."

The characteristic zing of drawn steel echoed through the chamber. Nasus felt the ***** of the weapon against the back of his neck, but he did not move nor flinch. "It is time, brother. Stand and fight."

Nasus opened his eyes. The scene from the vista was gone; replaced with the empty blackness of the Reflection Chamber. The only hint of what transpired remaining was the sandy floor upon which Nasus sat. Stooping slightly forward, he scooped up a handful and watched as it slipped through his fingers. "What will fighting you a second time accomplish? I have already bested you once."

"Feh!" A startled cry resounded from Renekhton, brother to the creature before him. The sound of his pacing about began to fill the chamber. "You mock me! You dishonor your own brother!"

"I have no need to do such things. You dishonor yourself by turning our people against ourselves." The truth flowed from his lips like the sand from his hand.

A fiendish growl from behind. "You..."

Nasus watched the last grain of sand fall from his fingers. "I would take my leave of you now."

The growing growl transformed into a chorus of vicious snarls, so much so that Nasus could feel the spittle peppering his back. "Coward! Weakling!" The hum of the blade sailed through the air towards Nasus's ears. Reflex gave way to instinct, and upon springing to his feet, Nasus's own weapon flew to parry the oncoming blow.

Except no blow was returned. Turning around, Nasus was faced with an old robed man bearing the gentle smile of one whose years had brought on as much wisdom as it had age. Nasus recognized the man as the one who had approached him with the League's proposal. The man known as Voss sighed.

"You could have tried to at least play along." He jested.

"I have all the time in the world to 'play along'." Nasus flatly replied.

"An astute observation." Voss acknowledged as he paced slowly around the blackened chamber. "With such abundant time on your hands, it's a wonder why you wish to join the League, of all places." Voss was gesticulating his points while he spoke. "One could find a respectable position among either of the great city state's scholars, or military rank above what most men are capable of."

Nasus frowned.

"There's plenty of pleasures throughout Runeterra, and equally abundant are the young maidens hoping to be whisked away by strong men such as yourself. You could live out your days here in complete comfort if you wished."

Nasus was unamused.

Voss laughed heartily. "All right, all right, I get it." He took a look at the ground, stooped, and picked up his own handful of sand. "Why do you wish to join the league?"

"I have already told you."

Voss frowned. "I know. Look; bear with me here."

Because I have nowhere to go. Nasus's face maintained its quiet contemplativeness. Because I cannot stand by and watch as another world tears itself apart through treachery and bloodshed. His mouth opened, but no words issued forth. Because I will not watch the world burn around me a second time. Nasus closed his mouth. Because I shall not let the tyranny that plagued my world infest the lands of others. Nasus's eyes closed a second time.

"I have unfinished business that I will never see completed."

Voss looked at Nasus expectantly.

"I have witnessed first-hand the whispers in the dark that pit brother against brother. I have seen an entire nation rip itself asunder for nothing more than petty greed or pride. I have struck down my own blood to shield those I have sworn to protect. I have watched lands burn under the fires of oppression. I have seen with my own eyes what the League is attempting to avert, and I can think of no better cause to fight for." Nasus opened his eyes. Voss was staring at him with a smile.

"How does it feel, exposing your mind?"

Nasus knew the answer immediately. "Like grains of sand slipping through one's fingers."

Voss nodded, and toppled to the floor. A pile of sand was all that remained. So he too was an illusion after all. A smirk briefly flashed across Nasus's face as the realization struck him. Even in his infinite wisdom, he had still been caught off-guard.

As the great doors of the Reflection Chamber began to open, Nasus scooped up another handful of sand from the small pile that remained. As he turned to leave, he watched as each individual grain slipped through his fingers to the ground below.

frost biters

Recruiter

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Jackson View Post
NASUS EVALUATION

Candidate: Nasus

OBSERVATION

Nasus carries with him an air of blase stoicism, the manner of which is seen in both the enlightened sage and a man who has completely resigned himself to whatever the fates may bring. No display of any kind of emotion ever graced his face. The gentle cadence of his footfalls into the great hall resound with an almost mechanical regularity the likes of which would be more at home within the Royal Guard of Demacia, or the infamous Noxian Black Regiment. Despite the calm and conditioned aura that resonates from his person, a perceptive enough individual begins to notice fractures in the facade.

The most obvious flaw is the creature himself. His massive size and physical build betray the soothing calm permeating his form. His eyes dance about the room in a practiced ballet like a hunter searching for it's prey, leaving no corner of the massive hall unobserved. Every step forward is a deliberate challenge to his foes; his every movement made with a purpose. Completely and utterly utilitarian.

The truest opponent lies within.

The inscription adorning the doors to the Reflection Chamber served to halt the beast's advance for a fleeting moment; a slight tick in the rhythmic meter of his stride the only indication. With a touch, the doors gave way to the murky abyss that was the Reflection Chamber. Confidently; whether born of apathy, tenacity, or ferocity, Nasus stepped into the chamber. The great marble doors sealed its occupant within.

REFLECTION

Nasus stood cloaked in the shroud of darkness for several minutes unmoving, as if patiently waiting for something to happen. When that failed to happen, Nasus merely sat upon the cold marble of the Reflection Chamber floor in meditation. For the first time upon entering the League's legendary halls, his eyes shut. After an indeterminate length of time, a warmth from the front prompted his eyes to open.

Before him was the horizon, blazoned with the flaming reds and oranges of the setting sun. Below that, great dunes of white sand gently shifted with the westward wind. Nasus sat on a high vista, overlooking a grand desert city and the sands beyond it's walls. He sat on the balcony of his city's Great Library; the very place his daily meditations took place. A wave of familiarity washed over him as he took in the foreign sight and smells of his people's land. For just a brief second it was good to be home. However, he had seen this vision before, and he knew what was about to happen.

As if on queue, a thundering roar went up over the horizon as flaming serpents sailed across the sky and smashed into the city proper. Small black figures poured over the white dunes like carrion beetles over the sun-bleached bones of a corpse. Another volley of flaming projectiles rose from the dunes and sailed directly towards the library where Nasus looked on, punching explosively into the walls around him. Stone and shrapnel pelted his form, but still Nasus sat in quiet contemplation.

Upon the third volley of missiles, the black shapes had made it to the front gates. A surge of men within the town rushed to the gates like a flooded river, eager to hold the invaders back. Plumes of smoke rose up over the town as fires began to spread through the city streets. The smoke quickly obscured Nasus' vision, much like the inky blackness of the Reflection Chamber.

"Your people are in danger, and here you still sit?" A mocking voice called from behind. "And here I had marked you for one of compassion."

Nasus remained sitting, and closed his eyes. "There is no need to interfere."

"Interfere?" The voice began to pick up rapport. "Surely you are not unforgiving enough to let your people be slaughtered."

Nasus contemplated his words carefully, and responded in the same calm demeanor. "They have already been slaughtered."

A laugh. In the darkness it appeared to resonate from every direction. "Surely you jest; I can see the battle from where I stand right here!"

As if on queue, the Great Library began to rumble. Bookshelves toppled over on top of each other, scattering their contents across the polished floor. Columns cracked and crumbled under the stress which the battle outside inflicted upon it. Stone chunks rained down from the sky as the ceiling buckled and broke. The entire Library was coming undone. A howling gale picked up from the west blowing fiercely against the walls of the library, and slowly but surely it began to topple over in a cacophony of grinding stone and steel.

Then there was silence.

"So you would sit here and do nothing then, is that it?" The mocking voice replied. "That is something to which I cannot abide."

The characteristic zing of drawn steel echoed through the chamber. Nasus felt the ***** of the weapon against the back of his neck, but he did not move nor flinch. "It is time, brother. Stand and fight."

Nasus opened his eyes. The scene from the vista was gone; replaced with the empty blackness of the Reflection Chamber. The only hint of what transpired remaining was the sandy floor upon which Nasus sat. Stooping slightly forward, he scooped up a handful and watched as it slipped through his fingers. "What will fighting you a second time accomplish? I have already bested you once."

"Feh!" A startled cry resounded from Renekhton, brother to the creature before him. The sound of his pacing about began to fill the chamber. "You mock me! You dishonor your own brother!"

"I have no need to do such things. You dishonor yourself by turning our people against ourselves." The truth flowed from his lips like the sand from his hand.

A fiendish growl from behind. "You..."

Nasus watched the last grain of sand fall from his fingers. "I would take my leave of you now."

The growing growl transformed into a chorus of vicious snarls, so much so that Nasus could feel the spittle peppering his back. "Coward! Weakling!" The hum of the blade sailed through the air towards Nasus's ears. Reflex gave way to instinct, and upon springing to his feet, Nasus's own weapon flew to parry the oncoming blow.

Except no blow was returned. Turning around, Nasus was faced with an old robed man bearing the gentle smile of one whose years had brought on as much wisdom as it had age. Nasus recognized the man as the one who had approached him with the League's proposal. The man known as Voss sighed.

"You could have tried to at least play along." He jested.

"I have all the time in the world to 'play along'." Nasus flatly replied.

"An astute observation." Voss acknowledged as he paced slowly around the blackened chamber. "With such abundant time on your hands, it's a wonder why you wish to join the League, of all places." Voss was gesticulating his points while he spoke. "One could find a respectable position among either of the great city state's scholars, or military rank above what most men are capable of."

Nasus frowned.

"There's plenty of pleasures throughout Runeterra, and equally abundant are the young maidens hoping to be whisked away by strong men such as yourself. You could live out your days here in complete comfort if you wished."

Nasus was unamused.

Voss laughed heartily. "All right, all right, I get it." He took a look at the ground, stooped, and picked up his own handful of sand. "Why do you wish to join the league?"

"I have already told you."

Voss frowned. "I know. Look; bear with me here."

Because I have nowhere to go. Nasus's face maintained its quiet contemplativeness. Because I cannot stand by and watch as another world tears itself apart through treachery and bloodshed. His mouth opened, but no words issued forth. Because I will not watch the world burn around me a second time. Nasus closed his mouth. Because I shall not let the tyranny that plagued my world infest the lands of others. Nasus's eyes closed a second time.

"I have unfinished business that I will never see completed."

Voss looked at Nasus expectantly.

"I have witnessed first-hand the whispers in the dark that pit brother against brother. I have seen an entire nation rip itself asunder for nothing more than petty greed or pride. I have struck down my own blood to shield those I have sworn to protect. I have watched lands burn under the fires of oppression. I have seen with my own eyes what the League is attempting to avert, and I can think of no better cause to fight for." Nasus opened his eyes. Voss was staring at him with a smile.

"How does it feel, exposing your mind?"

Nasus knew the answer immediately. "Like grains of sand slipping through one's fingers."

Voss nodded, and toppled to the floor. A pile of sand was all that remained. So he too was an illusion after all. A smirk briefly flashed across Nasus's face as the realization struck him. Even in his infinite wisdom, he had still been caught off-guard.

As the great doors of the Reflection Chamber began to open, Nasus scooped up another handful of sand from the small pile that remained. As he turned to leave, he watched as each individual grain slipped through his fingers to the ground below.
i think this was very cool, it was a good thing too read since i was a little bored. but this excited me since nasus used too be my main

Burt Jackson

08-25-2010

KASSADIN EVALUATION

Candidate: Kassadin

OBSERVATION

The very moment Kassadin enters a room, his presence completely saturates the entire volume of space. The hair-raising tingle of the void energies which he commands could be one source of this phenomenon, and his grand, stately posture and stride could be the other. Despite his apparent transformation and removal from office, Kassadin still commands the air and respect of a proper Demacian Senator.

His critical gaze washes over the entire length of the League's halls before stepping foot noiselessly inside. His footfalls seem more akin to levitation, giving the illusion of a man silently floating across the floor, which may or may not be closer to the truth than one would like to believe. As he crosses the large hall, his eyes behold those fateful marble doors behind which many champions before him and many champions after him have and will pass.

"The truest opponent lies within." Kassadin read the words aloud.

His hand reached out for the door, but hesitated and stopped short. A chill ran visibly up his spine, and it looked as if he might collapse. If that which Kassadin claims to herald is indeed true, I indeed would not want to be in his place.

When he had collected himself, his hand pressed against the ominous doors ushering them to open.

REFLECTION

The doors opened to reveal first the inky blackness of the Reflection Chamber, to which Kassadin stepped into like a man walking to his own execution. The malefic visions which plagued his mind during the day and his dreams during the night seemed to amplify in the black stillness of the chamber. Kassadin stood still, and waited.

A snap to the left, like a twig being crushed underfoot. Kassadin's head jerked towards the noise, but nothing was there.

Silence and blackness persisted.

A slimy brush to the leg. Kassadin's nether blade hummed to life and swiped downwards, only to whiff harmlessly through the air.

The gentle hum of the blade and it's eerie glow were all to keep Kassadin company.

An inhuman roar, absolutely deafening to the senses rang out through the blackness. As Kassadin jerked in fright, a heavy clawed hand grasped him by the torso and slung him through the air. Before blade could be brought to bear, his body collided with heavy stone which cracked and crumbled under the force of the impact. Kassadin screamed in pain, his vision blurred from the concussive blow to the head.

As he came to, he looked into the eyes of a beast more horrific than his mind could even fathom. Holding him prone to the ground with it's massive claws was a blackened seething mass of flesh and hair, oozing with tiny creatures which scurried about the beast's exterior. The beast's spawn were four-legged insect-like creatures with a body about the size of a human fist. Their abdomens ended in elongated stingers which flailed about wildly as they moved, and six piercing beady eyes sat recessed into their heads above a gruesome mass of pointed fangs and mandibles which no doubt made up their mouth.

The beast itself was a behemoth of a creature, sporting nine appendages each tipped with a sickly sharp seven-taloned claw. Each appendage connected to a central mass of teeming flesh, which hung about loosely on it's body like rags. A central circular mouth roared down at Kassadin, vomiting viscous yellow liquid which burned at his eyes and flesh. Protruding from that central mouth were rows upon rows of gnarled teeth, bent out of place in every-which direction and a sickly pale tongue which flapped aimlessly in the void.

In moments, its spawn began to crawl down from its long claws and swarm Kassadin, who writhed and screamed and swung his blade wildly as the spawn dug their fangs into his skin tearing out chunks of his flesh and swallowing it whole down their gullets. One spawn found his screaming open mouth and forced it's way inside, filling his throat with a shower of gore as it tore into the back of his throat.

And just as Kassadin was about to pass out from the pain, everything was gone. He was lying on the floor of the Reflection Chamber in a cold sweat; his breath escaping his lungs in heavy, hoarse heaves. The sensation was over just as quickly as it had begun, but the taste of his own gore and the spawn still lingered in his mouth.

Kassadin slowly rose to his feet. The doors to the chamber sat open and ajar, with a soft orange glow flickering into the chamber itself. Kassadin stabilized himself against the door and looked out.

Fear gripped his heart once more.

The marble halls of the League were torn apart, chunks of marble bathed in blood thrown haphazardly across the ground. Gigantic holes in the ceiling cast pools of moonlight into the hall itself. Stepping noiselessly into the hall, Kassadin saw the bodies which ushered forth their crimson markings.

Soldiers bearing both the Demacian and Noxian emblems lay strewn across the floor in various states of dismemberment. From the ceiling, a wretched creature held a man still writing from its claws as it stripped the man's flesh from his bones with its beak. Its sickly gray skin clung to it's emaciated bones, and upon noticing Kassadin's entry, screeched and took flight on leathery wings carrying it's meal with it.

This is what would happen. Kassadin thought to himself.

He exited the great hall and stepped outside. Gnarled trees expunged a noxious green ichor all over the cracked and parched ground. Somewhere off in the distance, large hound-like creatures flitted through the trees on ghastly paws. A blackened fog tinged with purple had blanketed the entire landscape, casting terrifying shadows from the flickers of flame that covered the countryside destruction. Weird, fantastic, terrifying creatures watched him perched from tree branches or from burrows in the ground. More of the wretched beasts from earlier sailed the skies above, occasionally swooping down to catch a wriggling meal to which Kassadin could not distinguish if it was human or not. The weird place held Kassadin transfixed as he walked down the charred path.

He had been here before.

This was the Void.

This is Icathia: a perverse mockery of the lands of Valoran, twisted and warped by the malevolent powers to which the Void served. A predatory ethereal phenomenon which sought to devour everything that stood in it's way. Terrific, macabre-

"It's no more evil than something like, let me think for a moment, fire."

Kassadin turned with blade to bear to meet a strange humanoid creature standing behind him. Before he could react, it spoke again.

"Yes, fire is a good comparison. It consumes all that it touches if left unchecked, but fire in and of itself is not good or evil. It just is."

The creature was about as tall as Kassadin. Its physiology, however, was indeterminate as it was cloaked from head to toe in tattered yellow robes. It's face was concealed by a featureless white mask, and upon its head sat a dirty crown of what appeared at a glance to be gold. The back and sides of it's head were covered by the hood of the robe.

The disconcerting part of the creature was its voice. It was a hauntingly soothing voice, like one you would expect from a caring grandfather. When it spoke, it called forth a small buzzing like an insect in your mind which seemed to slowly bore deeper, and deeper as it kept talking. It was a task just to keep focus, nonetheless listen to the words it was saying.

However, I know you. I've met you before.

"That may be true, but if a fire is threatening one's home, one's natural reaction is to extinguish it." Deja vu flooded Kassadin's senses as the words escaped from his mouth.

The mask's mouth contorted into a twisted smile. That smile! "Fair enough."

The smile! That awful, awful smile!

It was the smile that plagued Kassadin's nightmares.

"Why do you wish to join the League, Kassadin?" The creature called out mockingly.

Kassadin did not need time to think. "Because I must protect everyone from you, just as much as I must protect myself. As you said, you are like fire; if left unchecked you will devour everything."

The creature laughed. It was a piercing laugh that grated against every nerve in Kassadin's body. "Come now, am I all that bad?" Another laugh, as it raised it's arms to gesture at the surreal surroundings. "Is this all that bad?"

Again, Kassadin did not need time to think. "Anything is better than this. Even if I fight for those that do not believe me, even if I might die without anyone suspecting what I've done, it is a much better fate than this. I will fight you at every turn while I still draw breath, and curse your very existence from the grave when I'm gone."

Anything less is unacceptable.

The creature stood motionless for a moment before speaking again. "How does it feel, exposing your mind?"

"My mind is already blanched from the horrors of this realm. If there was anything left to expose it has since withered away."

Kassadin suddenly fell backwards, as if his feet were jolted out from under him from a powerful impact. As he fell, he could feel the Reflection Chamber reverting to it's usual, blackened self. When he finally made contact with the floor, the thin crack of white light casting it's rays across him was the only assurance he needed.

He was home. And if need be, Kassadin would be it's martyr.

Pelter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Mind = Blown again.

I responded in your other thread with the Nasus one but yeah here's more hat tippin'.

Burt Jackson

08-25-2010

Part of the problem i'm noticing is that all 40 of the originally released champions will have the same evaluation date, since the 'evaluation' date and the champion's release date are one in the same.

The Reflection Chamber is either huge, a dimensional doorway, or there's ten of them to process all these *******s.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Jackson View Post
Part of the problem i'm noticing is that all 40 of the originally released champions will have the same evaluation date, since the 'evaluation' date and the champion's release date are one in the same.

The Reflection Chamber is either huge, a dimensional doorway, or there's ten of them to process all these *******s.
They do have beta dates of release, I remember when Nasus was added, and you can also take some artistic license with the dates.

Dracorya

08-25-2010

More!

Burt Jackson

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
They do have beta dates of release, I remember when Nasus was added, and you can also take some artistic license with the dates.
Do you know anywhere that those dates may be posted? Right now I'm just going by the release dates on the wiki.

And as much as I love taking artistic liberties (as you'll find with my next evaluation), I'd like to keep the dates correct; minor detail as it is.

RIP Bankplank

08-25-2010

fantastic, very very well written
where's babaganoosh when you need him
we really should have a fan created art section of the forums