RiotNome is my new favorite red.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Query complete.

Let me discuss my powers and limitations. As of right now, I'm still technically on the Proving Grounds team, though our post-release support is currently "limited", seeing as how the patch unfortunately borked. I'll be moving more formally to live design next week, which will functionally not mean much different for my day-to-day operations other than that I get trolled by Geeves a lot more.

On the Dominion side, what I am actually doing is scouring for actionables and sorting them into a priority list. I'm also trying to actually PLAY a lot of Dominion, because I have a rudimentary understanding of competitive Dominion minutiae. At top priority are tasks I can personally accomplish as a designer: number tweaks, slight mechanics changes, non-programmy stuff. Next are tasks that would primarily require designer time, but also require external resources such as art in the final stages: possible brush position shifts, new items, etc. Finally, there are long-term tasks that require potentially lots of people. For example, the score system overhaul thread has potential changes that will require me, tech designers, artists, and possibly UI dudes.

Then there are out-of-scope issues. I can sometimes inquire, but may not be able to drive them. Competitive exposure, marketing, ranked queue, IP/XP rewards, etc.
Cool, could you please tell us who in particular is in charge of pulling the trigger on the creation of a ranked dominion mode?

People have been asking for it for a while now and we haven't received a real answer as of late. I'm a big fan of yours since you've been engaging the community over dominion. Keep it up!

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Riotnome won me a little, because he seemed to give straight honest answers. I wonder about the following question. Why Dominion do not have ranked yet?

ArlanKels

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Riotnome won me a little, because he seemed to give straight honest answers. I wonder about the following question. Why Dominion do not have ranked yet?
There are still some balance issues that Riot wants to work out, as well as letting the game mode get a bit more popular/populated.

Of course the counter point to that is the absence of Ranked is driving people away who were hoping for a more serious aspect of the game mode. An example of that is how people no longer really play Draft, because the population of drafters was so low that it was taking 3-5 hours for some people to get one game in.

So people feel that Ranked will create more people interested in playing the game.

As it stands there might be other factors, but...pickles..and things...stuff.

DeanKeaton259

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
There are still some balance issues that Riot wants to work out, as well as letting the game mode get a bit more popular/populated.

Of course the counter point to that is the absence of Ranked is driving people away who were hoping for a more serious aspect of the game mode. An example of that is how people no longer really play Draft, because the population of drafters was so low that it was taking 3-5 hours for some people to get one game in.

So people feel that Ranked will create more people interested in playing the game.

As it stands there might be other factors, but...pickles..and things...stuff.
Biggest issue is that no one takes the game mode seriously since there's no ranked mode.

People just see it as a mode to "fk around in" and the vast majority of players don't want to learn anything about it or try to even compete to win. It's filled with trolls and people drunk/wasted out of their minds.

I can't even count the number of people I've had in my games that say "man i'm so high, I can't play SR, so I'm just going to play dominion." It's pretty sad.

HaIfhearted

06-19-2012

Hey Nome, since you're gonna try to learn about our competitive scene, can I assume you will be checking out out the weekly DominateDominion tournament on Saturday?

Would greatly bolster morale for people to see an active Red in the stream chat.

Volandum

06-19-2012

Do you think I should invite him to join the reserve list for Death to Llamas?

DG TheFeedski

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Hey Nome, since you're gonna try to learn about our competitive scene, can I assume you will be checking out out the weekly DominateDominion tournament on Saturday?

Would greatly bolster morale for people to see an active Red in the stream chat.
This would make me a happy panda.

06-19-2012

I'm happy to see RiotNome isn't as useless and other reds that have posted here but it still sounds like the higher ups don't give two ****s about dominion. It sounds like they're appeasing us (even after PRbot inquiry).

Thanks for actually talking to us though nome and hope to see more of you around and accomplishing things!

Fomorian27

06-20-2012

I idle in DominateDominion on NA and Dominion on EUW when I'm online on either platform, respectively.[/QUOTE]

Are those the names of chatrooms?

Volandum

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
I idle in DominateDominion on NA and Dominion on EUW when I'm online on either platform, respectively.
Are those the names of chatrooms?[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly.