Foreigners in North American Server

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBigBuddha

06-17-2012

Honestly, I agree with the OP.
To you foreigners who refuse to communicate with teammates in our games, imagine if there was a South America server. And I would play in it, and speak nothing but English, and thus you wouldn't understand what I'm saying. Actually just to quickly add, I hate when people DO understand English in games and refuse to reply back in English and instead mock me, anyways, it would make games more difficult for the team because everyone knows lack of communication & cooperation = failed team. Sure, you would say "Well SmackDatNoob, SA consists of x and x countries and they all speak x language, where as NA consists of x and countries and they speak different languages!" There are lots of NA countries that have English as their national language however!

List of all countries and non-sovereign entities in the Americas that have English as their national language or language of government
Belize
Canada
Guyana
United States
Bermuda
Antigua and Barbuda
The Bahamas
Barbados
Dominica
Grenada
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Anguilla
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Montserrat
Puerto Rico
Sint Maarten
U.S. Virgin Islands...

English is also the official language of the commonwealth of nations, the united nations, european union, and international olympic committee.

English is the official language of international business

tl;dr
I'm not trying to say "Oh i hate foreigners"
I'm just trying to say communication is key to winning games, and I want to win games, and please just speak English and be a teamplayer, don't huehuehue and 1v5 enemy team as Morde.

Jotace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Okay, explain me this, why everytime im in duo queue with a friend of mine, that can only talk spanish, we end up carrying people like you? the kind of "speak english, your a noob, get the hell out with youre friend".

YES "YOUR" AND "YOURE" L2ENGLISH M.F

Because i realized that most of us, who can talk both idioms, are better at english than most of the rage kids.

Language isn't a barrier when you block your head with ignorance.

KainPain

06-17-2012

Yeah theres kinda this country called Mexico in North America...and I heard they speak spanish there.

ignorant.

ASHORTHOE

06-17-2012

I totally agree. It pisses me off when I enter a game and the first thing I see is, "Hablas espanol?" I know that the game is going to suck because I can't talk to anybody. You should be required to enter your languages that you know in your profile, so the server can put you with other people that you can actually communicate with.

Big Blia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

To be honest, I think the idea of having a language option in the Ranked options would help so much.

Xarazel

06-17-2012

how about an ingame translator? i get that english isnt the only language in the world, but its a pain when i cant communicate with my team

Irish Malice

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScReaM4LaDieS View Post
North America, Central America and South America ARE NOT CONTINENTS ON THEIR OWN.

America = 1 ****ing Continent. Not 3.
Actually youre still wrong. There is North America, and there is South America which are both continents. You are correct, however, that central america is NOT in fact a continent. Ironically enough.....I've not seen one single spanish reply to this thread.....perhaps that could be seen as clear evidence of the language barrier?

badandy

06-17-2012

I Dont care what language it is, it could be ****ing German for all i care. Either way, its the lack of the ability to speak the majority language of the server being played on, and it is ruining other's ELO. stop turning this into a racism thread.

Hitmanb0b

06-17-2012

I honestly don't mind other languages, probably because im not playing in the big leagues yet. I just tune them out and focus on what they are doing rather than getting bent over the fact they are speaking a different language. And its not only spanish, ive seen Chinese or Japanese symbols, i think i saw a german speaker once, and ive seen the Spanish and Portuguese peeps too. Sometimes they can speak broken english other times none at all. Sometimes they can speak wonderful english. if they can't, i just try and work around it.

supermeiko

06-17-2012

I'm not racist but I don't like to play at night-time because it's day-time for people overseas..and their English is so broken--and they don't understand me, or they barely type/message during the game at all. I agree with OP, it's not racism, it's literally an annoyance due to the lack of communication. North America's primary language is English. Maybe there should be a South American server...and more asian/European servers

12345678 ... 9