A New Opening for Solo Queue Abuse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

basketball95

06-17-2012

post in my thread about that OP plz

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=25504306

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball95 View Post
post in my thread about that OP plz

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=25504306
I made my thread first... But fine.

Sinayion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Wolf View Post
Scenario:

You are first pick. You main AD carries.

random guy who mains AP mid is second pick

random guy who mains top is third pick

Random guy who mains jungle is fourth pick

random guy who mains AP mid is fifth pick

you lock in as an AD carry, and the second locks in as AP mid, someone like Ahri or Leblanc, or Brand, where their only place is mid really.

5th pick is like "Wtf guys I wanted mid." after 2nd pick chose

When it gets to his pick, he locks in Annie, instead of adapting to team, because with the new queue dodge system, he realizes people are more likely to dodge when he does such things since people would rather wait 30 minutes to ranked over losing 11-13 Elo for sure, so someone dodges.

Rinse and repeat until said 5th pick gets his role, with possibly several innocent players affected and being forced to wait to queue up again because of one player deciding to not adapt to team needs because trolling is easier and more efficient to gain Elo now.

I personally propose a way to report what happens in lobbies, if this change is implemented. There is a rather obvious difference between going outside of a meta with a duo queue or just a unique comp, and trolling in order to cause misfortune upon others.
FYI, you CAN report what happens in the lobbies. You just have to take a screenshot, and make a support ticket.

Trust me, it works.

kirby145x

06-17-2012

People can pick what they want. I'd rather someone pick what they are god at instead of doing 1st time Ashe because the team tells them to.

That said it's necessary for these people to say at the beginning what they main or are good at. If they don't say a word and expect to play X champion no matter what, that's not helpful.

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinayion View Post
FYI, you CAN report what happens in the lobbies. You just have to take a screenshot, and make a support ticket.

Trust me, it works.
And people will get banned for choosing Annie when there already is a mid, even if they type nothing? I honestly don't really trust that, yet it's effective abuse.

Akkku

06-17-2012

You think too much my friend.

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkku View Post
You think too much my friend.
So does the President.

Doesn't make it a bad thing :P

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby145x View Post
People can pick what they want. I'd rather someone pick what they are god at instead of doing 1st time Ashe because the team tells them to.

That said it's necessary for these people to say at the beginning what they main or are good at. If they don't say a word and expect to play X champion no matter what, that's not helpful.
That's not the point of why the new dodge system doesn't work, that's an argument regarding pick order and roles.

Akkku

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Wolf View Post
So does the President.

Doesn't make it a bad thing :P
President just signs things. Congress thinks too much.

Croanin

06-17-2012

There is still the dilemna that no one wants to play support. When I"m last pick I tell them that I'm lousy at AD. I am capable of doing it and I have been practicing but its my worst role hands down so I think they have a right to know. However I add in that I cant support, lying through my teeth, cause Alistar is my main. Why babysit some random guy thats possibly and idiot when you can possibly snowball mid, jungle or top?
If my bluff is called or they gamble with it I do support.

I would also like to add that I never felt that smerfing in ranked was such a big deal. Its low to do it to completely new players. But I personally dont think a 2k player will snowball off of me in lane. Were trying to get out of elo hell because we dont feel that we belong there so we should rise to the challenge. I'm not saying I would win in lane but I know when I'm outclassed and to play safe. If these guys are smerfing from 700 elo shame on you for being that low in the first place. I would give up and wait till next season tbh.