Lissandra the Ice Dervish

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HereticalWarlock

06-13-2012

Total reworks:

Hoarfrost: Now become a single target nuke on an enemy champion while dealing 60% of that damage to nearby enemy champions. It can also be used at a minion clearing tool.

Rime Shield / Needle Ice: Lissandra can either choose to shielding her ally from hostile damage, or nuking up to 2 nearby enemies.

Glaze: Put a Spell Shield on ally while also healing them. Healing was greatly reduced but as long as the Shield last, the "shielded" ally takes 15% less damage from Physical Attacks.

Ultimate - Implosion: Now scales with suppressed enemy's missing rather than current health. Suppressed enemy's teammates now must break the Shield to rescue them. Note: the 715 nuke damage may sound OP, but Lissandra needs to channel for 3 secs, during which she is very vulnerable due to the 35 Armor and MR debuff and enemy CCs.

In sum, Lissandra, while still being versatile support-mage role, but now she needs to choose between supporting teammates and damaging enemies.

Deleven

06-13-2012

just a small note, that is not a hidden passive as it effects gameplay, pulsefire ez has a hidden passive as his particles improve as he levels up(no effect on gameplay)

HereticalWarlock

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper11 View Post
just a small note, that is not a hidden passive as it effects gameplay, pulsefire ez has a hidden passive as his particles improve as he levels up(no effect on gameplay)
Thanks I change "Hidden Passive" to "Innate."

HereticalWarlock

06-14-2012

More reworks:

Needle Ice: now becomes a pure Nuke and can no longer shield ally

Hoarfrost: no longer knock enemies sideways. Hoarfrost can now be used to Shield allies from harm or nuke enemy.

The rationale behind this is Needle Ice has too many utilities for just one spells: Magic Penetration, nuking power, and shielding; potentially leading players to max out Needle Ice first most of the time (if Lissandra is ever released).

Now players can choose the supportive path by prioritizing Hoarfrost to shield allies+decent AoE damage or offensive path with Needle Ice's passive magic penetration and nuking power.

Implosion: Lissandra now takes 25% more damage from all sources during channeling rather having her armor and magic resistance reduced by 35%.

Moby the White

06-14-2012

I'm pretty sure a dervish is a whirlwind or a frenzied person also it refers to being rogueish... do you think maybe she should be more of a rogue then since she is called a dervish?

HereticalWarlock

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
I'm pretty sure a dervish is a whirlwind or a frenzied person also it refers to being rogueish... do you think maybe she should be more of a rogue then since she is called a dervish?
No, darvish in Persian is of very ancient Iranian origin, "drigu-," meaning "needy, mendicant." A dervish simply meant an ascetic who had taken a vow of poverty, not necessarily a warrior or even a rogue, as popular culture would have it (and I dislike pop culture anyway, too many inaccurate portrayals of historical and cultural figures). An alternative etymology is is from persian "dar-door (English)," hence, "the one who goes from door to door."

The darvish's whirling-sama is merely a dance, a "physically active meditation" (wikipedia) to reach religious ectasy and kemal (perfection), and it is only practice by Sufi Dervishes of the Mehlevi member, not all. And I am certain sama has no whirling offensive purpose at all.

Best!

HereticalWarlock

06-17-2012

Quote:
So that's why I design Lissandra to be a mage, she's simply an ascetic.

And if you really want an "accurate portrayal" of LoL character in conform with real life counter parts, Ashe should have been an Iranian Scythian horse-riding archer Amazon who practiced the deadly Parthian shot while retreating from enemies and has a hell lot of mobility (she has none of these); Tryndamere should appear Asian, having slanted eyes, long mustache and goatee beard, dressed in fur-trimmed helmet and armor, wearing breeched trousers and long-robe, and certainly he has to carry a bow and a light, curved sword much smaller than his, which is too heavy and cumbersome for any practical fighting purpose, like Hunnic-Mongolic nomads; etc.

Moby the White

06-17-2012

Well i just feel an accurate portrayal of the term dervish would only make sense, think of it this way and im not being a jerk, but if you were to say make a champ and have their title be the master of flight and they do not fly it seems kind of today's term "ironic" (which i believe is more likely poetic injustice rather than irony) So maybe she has a whirlwind sami attack? and it applies a frost mark to anyone in the area at four marks one of her abilites can stun. And with this you could make her a scissor champ which you really do not see a lot of these types to be honest. Just a suggestion to consider it is your champ after all.

Moby the White

06-17-2012

To be honest by the way i really feel they tried to make Ashe into Robyn Hood

*who says Robin isn't a girls name?*

HereticalWarlock

06-19-2012

Quote:
Well i just feel an accurate portrayal of the term dervish would only make sense, think of it this way and im not being a jerk, but if you were to say make a champ and have their title be the master of flight and they do not fly it seems kind of today's term "ironic" (which i believe is more likely poetic injustice rather than irony) So maybe she has a whirlwind sami attack? and it applies a frost mark to anyone in the area at four marks one of her abilites can stun. And with this you could make her a scissor champ which you really do not see a lot of these types to be honest. Just a suggestion to consider it is your champ after all.
I repeat, dervishes are merely mendicant ascetics, and sama is just a tool for achieving inner enlightenment and has no offensive purpose at all, and NOT even practiced by all dervishes. I studied anthropology and history so I pretty much know what I am asserting concerning Lissandra (whose name is definitely NOT even Iranian, but Greek, meaning "Liberator of Humankind" from "lysis-release" and "andros-man."The spelling should also be properly "Lysandra," spelling with ypsilion and sigma, not iota and double sigma is also).

By analogy, if you want Tryndamere to be accurately portrayed as the REAL LIFE Barbarian King, make him wear breeched trousers, carry bow and quiver, wearing LIGHT, CURVED COMBAT sword, not impractically heavy and big CEREMONIAL SWORD, fur trimmed helmet, long coats, etc... Don't forget to make him look Asiatic with slanted eyes, long mustaches, and goatee beard, not unlike Turkic-Hunnic-Mongolic steppe nomads, either.

For me, Tryndamere sounds like a corruption of Turkic "torun-demir," from "torun-grandchild" and "demir-iron." So by my logic, should Riots heed my suggestion and redesign Tryndamere into a Genghis Khan-like Barbarian King?

123456 ... 7