[Guide]Desert Stormin' with Nasus - LONG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Johninator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2009

Again, I disagree. There's no way he could get that many SS off on my creeps each wave. Especially early game, those creep waves don't last longer than 10 seconds, and about 5 seconds at level 7. With the cooldown on SS, you can't last hit more than two creeps before all of yours are dead and I'm pushing at your tower again. In your attempts to last hit, you're most likely standing in my SF, taking damage. I'm forcing you to play my game as you don't want to stand in SF.

Maverick Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2009

I think it's pretty clear Paco doesn't know what he's talking about. I just hope no new player comes here looking for a guide and listens to him.

Charmicarmicarmicat

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Renegade View Post
Myrm, thanks so much for your clarification of the way Sheen vs Trinity works. This explains why I felt like I was OWNING all of the sudden once I got the Trinity made.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to add Last Whisper to my build on your recommendation. According to the Item Cost Effectiveness Analysis here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ight=valuation

LW is not much more of a budget item than other high-end stuff. And after the boots and Trinity, I don't see much need for more attack speed. Also keep in mind that the arpen from LW is capped (this will matter more when runes and masteries are fully available again), while the armor reduction from Black Cleaver or Stark's Fervor is not. And for a similar price to LW, Stark's gives an aura, a bit more attack speed, and similar armor reduction unless you are up against a tank (target would have to have over 60 armor for LW to be better).

Not to say that LW is a bad item! I think it's great, just not a perfect fit for Nasus.

I've been able to play a lot with Nasus lately, and so far I've been very happy with Chalice > Berserker's > Trinity (Sheen, Zeal, Phage) > IE > Brutalizer (usually the match doesn't last up to or past the IE). I can't figure how I can justify passing up the IE for anything else, really, even Last Whisper.

I usually rank SF up to 3 pretty quickly, then stop. I don't need it to kill a wave for me (I'd prefer to run in and get a few extra points on my SS instead), but it's absolutely key to lane presence and facilitates everything you do. As a melee, it's great to have a way to drive off a ranged champ for a while so you can get a few last hits, all while doing great damage to the creeps.
You should try frozen heart - while it may appear like a tanking item, the cooldown reduction means more damage from your trinity force - effectively making it a hybrid item, that i more than often prefer to go over IE. Heck, i'd take atmas over IE by endgame. You NEED the armor. The damage with your hp and the crit is almost identical, which leaves the better crit vs armor, but atmas is way cheaper.

Never build chalice if i get to solo - catalyst is just way better. 500 hp and mana WHICH is a huge deal to a tank like nassus who needs to be in the heat of battle, and the regen on level up is enough to keep you full most of the time. Plus it's half way to your banshee, which you can choose to complete after triforce in case of too many casters.

Also, nasus will be stronger once runes are back and you can place some flat +AP items on him so that lvl 3 spirit fire will kill a full wave, rather than 4 - it's not a huge thing, but it helps.

and a final note: Phage is more important than zeal, so get that first.

Pacolicious

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Renegade View Post
I think it's pretty clear Paco doesn't know what he's talking about. I just hope no new player comes here looking for a guide and listens to him.
I hope they dont listen to me either. Playing Nasus to his full extent requires not geting SF, which requires you to be a very good player. New players should get SF so they can stay far away from danger and farm up enough money to hopefully contribute.

I would note that in a few situation it would be okay to get SF, but those situations can and should be avoided. For example, 1v2 vs 2 good pushers, u would have no chance w/o SF. But the question here is why in the world is it 1v2 vs 2 good pushers?... Simply change ur lanes and problem solved...

Atmosfear

10-28-2009

Paco, there is so much bad in all of your posts I don't even know where to begin.

You are making SS out to be like it is the end-all ability in this game, which obviously it is not.

I will tell you again, SS is a mediocre ability at best. Perhaps in a 1v1 having a fed SS would be beneficial but that is hardly the case in a game that requires TEAMWORK. I'll give you an example that even you can understand:

You are a kid in PE class.
Your class is playing basketball.
You are mediocre but have the one of the best jump shots in the class.
When you get the ball, you have an 80% chance of scoring.
You are unable to work with your team.
You never get the ball thus you never score.

You honestly believe you could push as good as a Nasus spamming SF? Don't kid yourself. Nasus is by and far one of the most dominating pushers in the game that even most ranged would be jealous of.

Besides, a more proper skill build involves using 1 point in SS so you can still feed it for use later on. SF should always, I repeat ALWAYS be the priority with SS and Wither alternating after depending on your situation.

Sarenot

10-29-2009

There is merit in the idea to level up SS continously.. you should be doing that. There is no merit in not using SF. That is just stupid. I don;t know what games you play, or how you play it, but i have never had the luxury of waiting around for SS to refresh so as to kill every creep in a wave using SS. Either the other player will harass and push, or your own minions will kill a number of creeps, meaning less gold for you.

There is simply no reason why you can't level SS and use SF. You can quickly level SS once you get stronger items, and SF helps no end to getting quick gold.

Maverick Renegade

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
You should try frozen heart - while it may appear like a tanking item, the cooldown reduction means more damage from your trinity force - effectively making it a hybrid item, that i more than often prefer to go over IE. Heck, i'd take atmas over IE by endgame. You NEED the armor. The damage with your hp and the crit is almost identical, which leaves the better crit vs armor, but atmas is way cheaper.

Never build chalice if i get to solo - catalyst is just way better. 500 hp and mana WHICH is a huge deal to a tank like nassus who needs to be in the heat of battle, and the regen on level up is enough to keep you full most of the time. Plus it's half way to your banshee, which you can choose to complete after triforce in case of too many casters.

Also, nasus will be stronger once runes are back and you can place some flat +AP items on him so that lvl 3 spirit fire will kill a full wave, rather than 4 - it's not a huge thing, but it helps.

and a final note: Phage is more important than zeal, so get that first.

Good points. Since I want to rush Trinity, I lean toward the Chalice over Catalyst simply because Catalyst costs 435g more, but it seems like a viable approach with some nice benefits, so I'll probably try it out.

Mid-late game as Nasus, my SF is strong at pushing, and I'm putting most of my champ damage out from SS burst. Because of that, I'd consider IE a core dps Nasus item, second only to Trinity Force.

I LOVE Frozen Heart and think it (and Glacial Shroud) are highly underrated items. I get them on most characters I want cooldown reduction on. If I'm getting IE, then a Glacial Shroud is probably a better pick than Brutalizer.

I'll try out this build...

Sapphire Crystal + 2HP Pots
Catalyst (have to wait for 925 more gold)
Boots of Swiftness
Sheen
Phage
Zeal
Trinity
Glacial Shroud
IE

Then I can make Frozen Heart and/or Banshee's depending on situation.

I'll see if the extra 435g wait for Sheen is worth it, and I'm definitely worried about the lack of mana regen (between levels). Though I could copy my Sion playstyle and just have Golem Buff at all times once I get Sheen...

Maverick Renegade

10-30-2009

Just wanted to report back that I now love catalyst. I tried it in a few games on Nasus and on AP Sion and it worked wonders. Thanks for the suggestion!

PeneTraitor

Adjudicator

11-04-2009

Just bumping this guide. I recently tried Nasus and he is a beast once you make that triforce. Early game he can feel a little weak but more than makes up for it later when he's raping face. I tried the builds from a couple other guides and they just weren't as effective. Once you get to the point where your sf can take out a line of casters in 1-shot you are a money-making machine.

Sarenot

11-05-2009

Question for all Nassus players.. has anyone played with a Tiamat in build at all?

I know this may seem like a stupid suggestion.. why get an AOE weapon when you can already SF everything in one cast. Well honestly I am curious if the physical splash damage also procs lifesteal or SS stacks. I have been testing it in bot games, but tbh cant make up my mind if it works or not.