"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CombatWrecks

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
No one is going to pick the support role, except for those lovely people who main supports as I do. This would just lead to insane que times. A good idea, but not going to work as intended in practice.
Well this is the same case for World of Warcraft but people who play WoW and que up for something understand that if they want a fast que they have to que for something that nobody wants to play like support. WoW does the same que system as the one suggested but they have not changed it.

Lazer726

06-17-2012

In a game like this you can't control the actions of the players around you. Blitzcrank isn't labeled as a support character, but he still manages to pull it off. So either Riot would have to COMPLETELY re-classify every class with ANY possible role, or you just have to suck it up and realize that WE are the ones that ruin the game for ourselves.

Infractus Animus

06-17-2012

I think this is a great idea.. +1'd...
And also maybe a language selection, because often times in solo/duo there is a language barrier, I wouldn't mind it except for that it messes up team communication. So if there was like Solo/duo->role->Language I think it would work swimmingly. :3

Vaeny

06-17-2012

Oh god, I feel you, OP. The worst part is when you ask for a role, and no one says anything about it.
Then someone else takes it after you've already picked a character for that role, without saying anything.

Worst thing ever, atleast tell me ''No, I want to mid'' if you want to mid, and not just lock it in when no one asked for it but me.

Destroyer997

06-17-2012

What enforces this??

Abussos

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer726 View Post
In a game like this you can't control the actions of the players around you. Blitzcrank isn't labeled as a support character, but he still manages to pull it off. So either Riot would have to COMPLETELY re-classify every class with ANY possible role, or you just have to suck it up and realize that WE are the ones that ruin the game for ourselves.
I'm not saying that there should be a limit placed on which champions could go where. If you want to play Blitzcrank support or Sona top or AD Soraka jungle, go ahead, but you better do well or face being reported, as always.

InGhandiWeTrust

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
No one is going to pick the support role, except for those lovely people who main supports as I do. This would just lead to insane que times. A good idea, but not going to work as intended in practice.
well i think thats when you put tank/support as the same role sorta, so it would be:
mid
solo top
jungle
tank/support
etc.

etc is when you have like ad person, not teechically carry though, just ad or anything else for some more free space to breath.

Cane Mint

06-17-2012

this is a bad idea. theres a reason LoL is separated from HoN

FOE Odin Borson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

The duo bot lane does not have to be standard support ad carry, if you find yourself in a que and someone calls mid you can be the one to change how bot works or w/e adjustments need to be made. Forcing someone to do a role they don't know and will be bad at is worse then running a non standard team comp most of the time. Therefore I do not think that adding separate que times for positions is really that necessary and trolls will find a way to troll that system anyhow.

Queen Sejuani

06-17-2012

Nobody picks support because if your team fails, you can't do much to help them out and maybe turn the tides of the match. This is why it is the least wanted role.

Well... usually support can't do that much like I said, but certain champions can like Blitzcrank or Janna.