A New Opening for Solo Queue Abuse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IalreadyHateYou

06-17-2012

The point of this thread has gone over a few people's heads. GD lacks reading comprehension.

IalreadyHateYou

06-17-2012

The new change basically makes trolls more successful. And once the game actually starts, it'll be even ****tier.

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
The point of this thread has gone over a few people's heads. GD lacks reading comprehension.
I am sad to say that I must agree with you /=. In my other thread on the subject, it's even worse. I'm starting to wonder if people know how to perceive words unless you fully walk through it instead of just saying it.

SaintParadox

06-17-2012

I fully agree with the original post. I've started threads before about my main problem with ranked and climbing elo is champion select.
1) It's not covered by the tribunal
2) Before this patch, the only option a player had was to dodge, lose elo, and then wait for a new game where hopefully this was not repeated.
3) There is no kind reporting system(like tribunal) but even something more casual, like a simple voting system, where players know they are dealing with immature/raging/trolling/etc players and can vote in the champion select to report the player, or just to be re-que'd without that player, or anything simple like that.

The situation really bugs me because LoL tries to come across as a competitive game but the elo system is still so lackluster it is unbelievable. I've had people that will troll in champion select, ignore/mute the entire team in game, and then rage at like 200 WpM in the score screen, Kind of rambling cause its 7am and I haven't slept yet, but does anyone else experience this all the time?

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintParadox View Post
I fully agree with the original post. I've started threads before about my main problem with ranked and climbing elo is champion select.
1) It's not covered by the tribunal
2) Before this patch, the only option a player had was to dodge, lose elo, and then wait for a new game where hopefully this was not repeated.
3) There is no kind reporting system(like tribunal) but even something more casual, like a simple voting system, where players know they are dealing with immature/raging/trolling/etc players and can vote in the champion select to report the player, or just to be re-que'd without that player, or anything simple like that.

The situation really bugs me because LoL tries to come across as a competitive game but the elo system is still so lackluster it is unbelievable. I've had people that will troll in champion select, ignore/mute the entire team in game, and then rage at like 200 WpM in the score screen, Kind of rambling cause its 7am and I haven't slept yet, but does anyone else experience this all the time?
Responding to 2.) I am noting that this change does provide more leniancy for when you're being trolled, and you know you'd lose, so you're able to dodge. I like that part, it's the fact that trolls will be more common that is bad.

Now, addressing your post, I agree. Things for pre-game need to be a bit better, more moderated or having more abilities somehow to avoid being trolled.

SaintParadox

06-17-2012

Did Riot say how long the dodge would take in ranked? Is it like a normal 3-5 min dodge wait?

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintParadox View Post
Did Riot say how long the dodge would take in ranked? Is it like a normal 3-5 min dodge wait?
It was implied to be bigger, like 30 min-1 hour+

Zehnstep

06-17-2012

I've heard its half an hour for the first dodge anyway in the PBE

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HxCas View Post
I've heard its half an hour for the first dodge anyway in the PBE
Thanks, that fits better than 1 hour with the logic used.

SaintParadox

06-17-2012

Wow that's ridiculous if accurate. This patch seems like a step in the direction but with how long the game has been out it seems like a crappy band aid then a fix. I've gotten to the point in some champion selects where I wish there was a mute function, how sad is that lol.

What can you do, free games tend to attract bad communities, and most of the community knows or learns quickly that if you want to screw over your team or chew them out, the most likely place it is going to happen is in champion select or score screen now.