Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

12345612 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

the main thing is to keep the competitive scene balanced. id like the idea of different skins for Sr like the had the winter and Halloween themes but actually changing the map like the did with dominion would bring huge balancing issues up and require alot of man hours planning testing and foresight to make a different map even relatively balanced. the game was basically created with 5v5 in mind and is based around the one map. the distances turrets and locations of objectives buffs and jungle mobs need some serious though. also the balancing of items. and thats not even getting into having to revamp 100 characters to balance well with this new map without destroying the current competitive scene. honestly i think it would b a waste of time and money. id rather see them continue to balance current champs/items and improve things like graphics and ui. fixing ranked and reporting system and that stealth rework. the game is enjoyable and competitive in pre arranged games right now. further balancing what is already working well and spicing it up is a good direction. although solo story modes based on lore is an awesome idea I've thought of and would love to see. even if it costs money id play it. just.my 2 cents. sorry for wall of text

IS1a420802574b139f7409f

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuama View Post
Riot put aside all major improvements until they hit their 100th champ, after which i believe they were planning to do monthly releases of champions and focus on other content of the game.
Source on this?

Saint of Gaming

06-16-2012

I think Kizoja is right, your message comes across a bit unclear, but I think it's just do to a simple mistake. Especially when you say "right now there is only one" when referring to competitive game modes in your original post, then ridicule someone in your second post for saying that summoner's rift doesn't have to be the only competitive game mode in the universe....

Sticky78

06-16-2012

I would like to see a new 5v5 map

K K0

06-16-2012

Summoners rift will always be the competitive map for serious tournaments, qualifiers, scrims ect.

I do think they could slow down on new champions and work on a new map so we could mix things up every now and then for casual play.

Savour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

All of you are wrong. Riot has the right priorities. How often do all of us buy, use and enjoy the new champions and skins they come out with. Now how often do all of us play and enjoy DOMINION. An alternative GAME MODE you are all crying about. Sure you can argue that maybe it is bad and still something else should be made but think about it. 2 years and there are even more people playing that same old summoners rift over and over and we still love it. Summoners rift is league of legends, you make an alternate game type and its a completely different game that most people who truly love league will not fully enjoy. League is what it is because of the way it is set up, and I'm sure that after how little support dominion has gotten riot has very little incentive to make a new game type.

TL:DR summoners rift is league, dominion is a different game mode like what is being asked for and no one likes it. & new champs and skins.rock

BigTallUgly

06-17-2012

Summoner's Rift or w/e. Sorry for the confusion. Of course, no1 uses the 3v3 map. My mistake.

I just see no reason for there to be one map. This isnt an fps? So what. Who said that only fps's get to have fun and diverse gameplay?

I'm not sure...are you for or against new maps?

I mean I want new stuff like forested maps, underwater maps, maps with weather effects, maps where you climb buildings and stuff, maps where there's vehicles...

I just want Riot to have some vision to allow their game to grow.

BigTallUgly

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savour View Post
All of you are wrong. Riot has the right priorities. How often do all of us buy, use and enjoy the new champions and skins they come out with. Now how often do all of us play and enjoy DOMINION. An alternative GAME MODE you are all crying about. Sure you can argue that maybe it is bad and still something else should be made but think about it. 2 years and there are even more people playing that same old summoners rift over and over and we still love it. Summoners rift is league of legends, you make an alternate game type and its a completely different game that most people who truly love league will not fully enjoy. League is what it is because of the way it is set up, and I'm sure that after how little support dominion has gotten riot has very little incentive to make a new game type.

TLR summoners rift is league, dominion is a different game mode like what is being asked for and no one likes it. & new champs and skins.rock
The only single reason I dont play Domion (and I do play LOADS on my smurf) is because for some reason you can do it ranked!!!!1

If it only let me queue for it solo queue, I would be playing it constantly. Or, as per my idea, I wish it was totally random which I got when I queue up - could be summoners, could be Dominion.

I think that a new very competitive map could be designed, where the tactics to win are slightly different from the cemented philosophies currently applied by teams in competitive games.

Kizoja2

06-17-2012

People do play the 3v3 map, competitively. It still isn't as popular as the typical moba style map that is Summoner's Rift. My point in saying, "this isn't an FPS," is because FPS game don't have all the champions and such to balance as much as a moba would, so they can pump out new maps.

The more maps they have the more different jungles and such they might have and I think it'd be difficult to keep the balance in check. For example there are a lot of champions you would probably never see in Dominion because they're balanced around Summoner's Rift. There are two ranked maps, all the pros prefer Summoner's Rift over the other maps because I believe that's what the game is essentially designed around.

I'm down for them having similar maps to Summoner's Rift because that gives the essential moba feel of the game that Dota, Dota 2, HoN, and LoL have on their standard map. They could change the jungle positions up, maybe have different buff monsters and dragon/baron type objectives. So instead of having some map where you capture points, which is nothing like Summoner's Rift, so not every champion is viable for the map, they would have one that feels like Summoner's Rift, but it would have different strategies. I don't think 3v3s are as popular because its 3v3 and pro team can't easily go from 5v5s to 3v3s without omitting some of their members.

BigTallUgly

06-17-2012

3v3s just not enough people, not fun.

I mean, what if a new game mode had, for example, random alien invasions, and if you hopped into the ship quick enough, you could cs the aliens for extra gold and maybe buffs and stuff, so it was sort of like a new element in the game.

Things like that. I guess in general i think the overall graphics engine could use an overhaul - make it more sort, I guess, not as flat, more trees, like I said before, weather would be nice...

12345612 ... 44