Gil, The Gold Thief

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pirateelfdog

06-16-2012

Hey IChienPol--
Thanks for your review of Cedric...Here's mine for you.

Just an overall note before I start: When you are making a champion who is based off of gold, you have to make take into account that they will be getting very good items. So, in general, you want to make the scaling strong and the ratios lower to compensate. If you use normal scaling and ratios, you will have players with fed builds who are not fed, but soon will be because of their great advantage.

Also you should say somewhere near the top that his abilities cost gold. About this: if that is going to be the case you should increase the costs of the abilities. A cost of 8 gold is not a lot, and 2 is just insignificant because of his passive.

Abilities

Quote:
Passive – Pickpocket: Every time Gil basic attacks an enemy champion, he will steal 2 gold from them. Also, whenever Gil kills an enemy unit, he will gain an additional 2 gold.
I can see this ability getting far to strong. Think about it: if he has 1.0 attack speed, and is in a fight with another champion for 5 seconds, thats 10 extra gold in 5 seconds. That is 2X as strong as lots of items that are had, and when you combine it with his extra 2 from minion kills, we'll it all adds up. Lets say in the first 10 minutes Gil basic attacks a champion 20 times. Thats 40 bonus gold. Then lets say he gets 60 minion kills. Thats another 120! That would give him 160 bonus gold in 10 minutes, which is far too high. His build by late game would be very far ahead of others. If you could add a cap, maybe you can only get x amount of gold per y amount of time, that would help balance this out.

Quote:
Q – Inflation (Active): Gil tosses a trail of gold that lasts for 4 seconds and will deal magic damage and slow enemies that pass through it. Where it lands it will also provide vision. When allies pass through the trail their movement speed will increase. This effect diminishes to normal over 2 seconds after leaving the area. Additionally, the first ally champion to pass through the trail will have their gold increased by 50% of Gil's gold cost for inflation. If Prosperity is activated, Gil tosses three trails of gold instead of one and each will do 60 more magic damage than the current base damage. Enemies cannot be dealt damage by more than one trail and allies cannot recieve gold from each trail. Only one trail will provide gold and only one champion can recieve it.

Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6
Cost (Gold): 8
Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240(+0.6 per ability power)(+0.5 per attack damage)
Movement Speed modifier: 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%
Range: 900
(Linear Skillshot that should be as wide as Ahri’s Orb of Deception)
(When Prosperity is activated there will be 1 trail on the left and right of the original trail at an angle of 30 degrees)
Just first of all, the wording here is bit confusing. Try saying it out loud, and then clear up the wording. This is a very interesting ability. I'd suggest instead of having it last 4 seconds, make that scale causing it to start off weaker and end stronger. One more thing to think about: You are doing a lot of different things here. Whenever you have an ability like this with a huge number of effects, it is probably going to become OP. Try toning down damage, and maybe even getting rid of one of the effects. I'm not sure which one, but it seems like it does too much with just one ability.

Quote:
W – Gold Rush:

Passive: Gil’s basic attacks deal additional magic damage.

Magic Damage: 10/15/20/25/30(+0.35 per ability power)

Active: Gil dashes to a targeted and visible location of gold lying on the ground. After dashing he will leave a trail of gold behind him that lasts for 3 seconds. When allies pass through the trail their movement speed will increase. The effect diminishes to normal over 2 seconds after leaving the area. The speed boost from Gold Rush may stack with Inflation. Additionally, the first ally champion to pass through the trail will have their gold increased by 50% of Gil's gold cost for Gold Rush. If Prosperity is activated, Gil’s next basic attack will be amplified by 10%/20%/30% and silence his opponent for 2 seconds.

Cooldown: 2
Cost (Gold): 2
Movement speed modifier: 5% /10% / 15% / 20%/ 25%
Range: 1100
(One-Click Ability)
(The trail that Gil leaves is as long as he travels, is linear and is as thick as Ahri's Orb of Deception)
This ability is nice. I like how you incorporate magic and physic damage into Gil. Once again, you have a lot of things going on. Make sure your language is clear and concise, and maybe tone down the power once again.

Quote:
E – Spare Change (Active): Gil places down pool of gold that lasts for 4 seconds deals initial magic damage to enemies within. If enemies stay inside the pool, they will be dealt continuous magic damage per second and are slowed. The slow from Spare Change can stack with Inflation. The first ally champion to pass through the pool will have their gold increased by 50% of Gold's gold cost for Spare Change. Additionally, if Gil walks out of the pool he will be stealthed for 2 seconds until he uses an ability or basic attacks.The stealth will re-apply or refresh everytime he walks out. If Prosperity is activated, the pool’s range will be increased to 400/450/500.

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11
Cost (Gold): 8
Initial Damage: 45/75/95/120/145(+0.3 per ability power) (0.5 per attack damage)
Magic Damage per second: 10/20/30/40/50(+0.05 per ability power)
Slow: 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%
Range: 700
AoE of Pool: 300
(Skill shot is exactly like Akali’s Twilight Shroud)
This is a great ability. It's smart, and cool. One thing...0.05 Ability power??? That is seriously almost nothing. Think about it. Say Gil builds mage and gets 200 AP. That gives him 10 additional damage. If he gets 100, he gets 5 additional. If he starts off with a tome, he gets 1. Increase this, at least up to 0.1. I can see your reasoning behind the low value, but it's just too low.

Quote:
R – Prosperity (Active): Gil’s control over gold is heightened granting him additional effects to his abilities and 10%/15%/20% cooldown reduction and decresing his gold costs by 50% for 8/10/12 seconds.

Cooldown: 70/60/50
No Cost
Just one thing about this: If your going to have No Cost, you should increase the cooldown, maybe up to 80/70/60. Not a drastic change, but I think you should use it. Also, maybe instead of a time limit, Gil gets to use a certain number of abilities while under his ult? Just an idea. It would still have to have a tie limit cap, but maybe an ability number cap could be interesting too. Or, he could use each of his abilities with the special effect one time, and the leaving just made their effects stronger. Not sure.

Thanks for reading. I like this champ.

Baddie qq

06-16-2012

gayest idea ever

Pirateelfdog

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadap View Post
gayest idea ever
Listen. This is a good champ. Actually read it.

Also, I'm sorry, but I believe it never told you it's sexual orientation, so I don't quite know how you seem to have figured that out...

Liam Geegeeson

06-16-2012

Thanks for the support Pirate ! And thanks for the review

Arrgh yeah it's a bit messy. It's a bit hard to explain all that happens with his skills > .<

I understand your reasoning. Although, I think that's too compensate for the fact that he uses gold as a cost. Also, Because his skills scale AP as well, I don't think it would be as wise to build him for attack speed. Plus, 60 minion kills is quite a lot. I think of him as a mid character or solo top. In both lanes, it's very intense and combat is bound to happen. In most cases Gil will probably lose a lot of gold early game because of the intensity in these lanes. If he uses all his skills that's a total of 18 gold which = 9 minion kills or 9 basic attacks. When early game is lost, it takes awhile to catch up. Also, rarely to games go to full game where everyone has their full build.

I understand your reasoning though and I think I might tweak him by increasing his costs.

Hrm, yes quite a bit is happening with his Q. But if you read it without the prosperity effect, it isn't that much. Also, all of his skills need to last on the ground sop that Gil can use his W. Otherwise it's rendered useless.

Hrm I didn't think it did that much damage but seeing as it scales decent with ap and also scales ad, it probably does. I think I will decrease the base damage as you suggested.

I think there isn't that much that's going on here. Really all his W does is a dash. However it is pretty unclear and I will have to organize it more. And thanks, he's supposed to be a hybrid assassin.

Concerning his E, if an enemy stays inside for the full duration it will deal 200 magic damage (+0.05 per ability power) I guess it's sort of weak though since it's unlikely someone will stay inside for that long.

Yeah the cooldown is pretty short. Although it's only buff. I thought of it similar to Ryze's ult.
Hrm. If I'm not sure what you mean by getting rid of the duration. Do you mean like a toggle ?

Thanks for reviewing !

Liam Geegeeson

06-17-2012

Bump.

Liam Geegeeson

06-17-2012

Bump.

Liam Geegeeson

06-17-2012

Revised to hopefully make more understandable.

Karryu

06-17-2012

I noticed 2 Final Fantasy references
1)Gil - its currency used in FF series
2)Spare Change - attack used in series in which u spend ur own money to deal dmg to enemy

Heidricher

06-17-2012

Please ladies 'nd genttleman see my champion Idea!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2233409

Toblerpwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Gold per basic attack? Ridiculous, no matter the number. Please change this passive immediately.