HP Items

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

06-13-2012

I've begun to notice that dominion severely lacks items that give health. Warmogs is gone, Leviathan is gone, Doran stacking is gone. I find that if I want to significantly boost my health, I must buy a Frozen Mallet, Rylai's, RoA, or occasionally Soul Shroud. Can we have some variety?

FDru

06-13-2012

I have seen the werewolf and he is excited.

pizazzle

06-13-2012

prospector blade/ring, hextech sweeper, haunting guise, shurelia's, doran's shield, etc etc etc etc

junseii

06-13-2012

There's plenty of variety. Your choices of what to build giant's belt into are just an item smaller. Ruby crystal builds into a lot of health items, most of which have some utility along with them.

HaIfhearted

06-13-2012

I believe that the removal of the big health items like Warmogs and lol Leviathan has forced people to learn how to actually itemize for defense instead of "herp derp i need to live longer so ill just buy warmogs"

In Dom you have to think about what is hurting you the most, and buy the appropriate defenses.

MMKH

06-13-2012

I usually consider Randuins, Sunfire cape, Spirit Visage, RoA, Odyn's Veil, etc. for health on same tanky champs. You need to balance HP with defense always.

Stiff Tacos

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I believe that the removal of the big health items like Warmogs and lol Leviathan has forced people to learn how to actually itemize for defense instead of "herp derp i need to live longer so ill just buy warmogs"

In Dom you have to think about what is hurting you the most, and buy the appropriate defenses.
Sometimes, I really just want health. I come across this issue when I play champs that have no use for the extra bonuses. For example, RoA, Odyn's, and Frozen Heart all give a significant boost to mana. Champs that don't use mana are wasting gold. RoA and Rylai's give AP, which is wasted on many champs as well. Champs that have Trinity Force as a core will have Frozen Mallet's passive mostly wasted. If I'm trying to stack health, for whatever reason, I would prefer an item that gave pure health instead of having to stack giant's belts. And yes, I know how to build armor and magic resist.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

06-13-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

So a question I'd like to ask here is whether high-end defensive items are conducive to healthy gameplay on Dominion. Variety is an issue we can still solve.

DiscworldDeath

06-13-2012

Very much so.

Defensive items are often what separates the less skilled players from the higher skilled ones, on Dominion. You can actually tell the strata you're on by seeing how many people build defensive items, and how many of them.

But, there aren't that many defensive items. SR of course also notices the lack of hybrid items (Maw, Atma's, etc.) but on Dominion most people get the same small selection of items.
People WILL get high end defense items, so more choice there could only help. Because unless you axe them all, then people will keep building them.

Ender A Wiggin

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
So a question I'd like to ask here is whether high-end defensive items are conducive to healthy gameplay on Dominion. Variety is an issue we can still solve.
Due to the nature of Dominion matches practically starting in the SR equivalent of "mid-game," the defensive items definitely need to stay, as assassin champs are able to get to their full burst potential much quicker. On the other hand, AP burst champs tend to fall off much faster as well from the global gold gain. From what I've seen, the champions with the highest win rates are the late game, beefy AD carries/casters (jax, darius, pantheon). Most ranged AD carries aren't viable no matter how many defensive items they have as they don't scale as well and the meta picks all have gap closers + burst.

12345 ... 8