Do you like Malik, the Bilgewater Brawler?

Yes, absolutely ! 8 44.44%
Yeah he's alright. 8 44.44%
Not the best. 1 5.56%
No, he's lame. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Malik, The Bilgewater Brawler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liam Geegeeson

06-12-2012

***NOTICE***

Major update under the Updates heading - drastic changes to Malik !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings ! Thank you for viewing my second champion concept ! Please, provide feedback and suggestions as it will help me to develop my champion concept. It would be greatly appreciated ! Spare any negative comments containing profanity. Otherwise, constructive criticism is appreciated !

Also, check out my other champion concepts:

Gil, the Gold Thief

Role: Melee, Mage, Assasin

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2220592

Vindictam, the Vengeful Summoner

Role: Ranged, Support, Mage

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2196955

Jian Hua, the Martial Blade

Role: Melee, Ranged, Carry, Tank, Fighter

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2900083

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Malik, the Bilgewater Brawler

Role: Melee, Mage, Carry

Lore:

Malik knows no family, warmth or kindness. He was born into the harsh city-state of Bilgewater without the aid or support of anybody. He grew up living on the streets and fending for himself. He was discriminated by many in Bilgewater as he was eventually exposed of his background. Malik was not easy towards this topic and would fight any of those who would dare mention the topic. As he grew up and as he continued to fight his opposers, Malik became a very formidable brawler. His reputation as a ronin and an outcast was soon replaced with his ability to completely vacate pubs and leaving without so much as a scratch.Victims of Malik were outraged and vengeful. Soon, Malik had all sorts of company who would engage him in large numbers - only to be knocked out cold once again.

With his bad reputation amongst Bilgewater and his increasing amounts of victims, Malik became a wanted rogue with a bounty higher than even the fiercest of pirates. Malik was however unconcerned with the attention brought upon him and continued to dispatch of his enemies with ease. He grew tired of Bilgewater's prejudice and inability so he came to the conclusion of defeating Bilgewater's idols in combat. In doing so, he would be granted liberty and would finally be contested. With his goal set in front of him, Malik arrives at the League of Legends anxious and determined.

'Don't waste my time or yours. You'll only end up unconscience on the floor.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviews:

'Malik? Yarr, I've heard of him. Nothin' but a bilge rat!' - Gangplank

'Malik is unfortunately a victim of prejudice. But if he's in the way of me uniting Bilgewater, then he will have to go.' - Miss Fortune

'It's odd how they accept me over Malik.' - Fizz

Quotes:

Base Stats:

Health: 450 (+82 / per level) (1926 at level 18)
Health Regen: 6.3 (+1 / per level) (24.3 at level 18)
Energy: 200
Energy Regen: 50
Range: 115
Attack Damage: 57.5 (+3.5 / per level) (120.5 at level 18)
Armor: 14.5 (+3 / per level) (108.5 at level 18)
Magic Resist: 30
Movement Speed: 320

Abilities:

Passive - Combo (Innate): Malik stacks 10 attack damage for each ability used in intervals of 0.6 seconds. This caps at 60 attack damage and is sustained if the combo progresses. The added attack damage lingers for 1.5 second after a broken combo and is then negated. Malik can start another combo 2 seconds after a broken combo.

Q - Right Jab/Dash:

Right Jab (Active): Malik dashes and jabs towards his opponent, dealing physical damage. This ability can critically strike. After Malik jabs his opponent, he may dash within the next 1 seconds.

Cooldown (Dash is not activated): 4
Cost (Energy): 40
Physical Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+0.7 per bonus attack damage)
Range:450
(One-Click Ability)

Dash (Active): Malik dashes in the direction of the cursor.

Cooldown: 5
Cost (Energy): 10
Range: 450/550/600

W - Left Cross/Right Cross:

Left Cross (Active): Malik swings his left hand widely at his opponent dealing physical damage. This ability can critically strike and applies on-hit effects. Once Left Cross has been activated, Malik may perform Right Cross within the next 2 seconds. If Right Cross isn't activated then Left Cross goes on cooldown.

Cooldown: 10
Cost (Energy): 40
Physical Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+1.0 per attack damage)
Range: 350

Right Cross (Active): Malik swings his right hand widely at his opponent dealing physical damage and 5% of their missing health as physical damage. This ability can critically strike and applies on hit-effects.

Cooldown: 12
Cost (Energy): 60
Physical Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+1.0 per attack damage)
Range: 350
(One-Click Ability)

E - Block (Active): Malik raises his defenses for 3 seconds; completely negating an ability used facing Malik. If an ability is blocked, the cost is refunded.

Cooldown: 19/16/13/10/7
Cost (Energy): 50

R - Corkscrew Punch (Active): Malik charges towards a direction with his fist in front of him dealing phyiscal damage to all enemy champions hit. Aditionally, enemy champions will be pushed to either side of Malik depending on their position. Malik restores 20 energy for each enemy champion hit.

Cooldown: 100/90/80
Cost: Consumes all of Malik's energy at the time of activation.
Physical Damage: 200/400/600 (+2.0 per bonus attack damage)
Range: 800
(Linear Skill-Shot. The pushing effect of this ult works similar to Draven's 'Stand Aside' except the push should be a bit stronger.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Let's give a hand for lChienPol the novice for successfully creating his second champion concept ! ?

My thoughts towards Malik, are based upon him being an AD Melee Carry. He is capable of closing distance and dealing out tons of damage.

Concerning visual aspects of Malik, he should be of African ethnicity. I envisioned him looking like Balrog from Street Fighter. He should be wearing tattered pants similar to Gangplank's and no shirt. Of course he is jacked,and he fights bare-fisted.

I know there will be comments concerning him being an energy based champion. I know that energy based champions are supposed to be monks, ninjas or at least of Asian ethnicity. I am aware of that, and before I came up with this champion's name, nickname and Lore, I had first thought of a him as Feng Quan, The Bane of Ionia. His Lore would be about how he left the monasterey, bored of keeping peace and seeking to use his martial arts in combat. While Bilgewater was occupying territory in Ionia during Noxus' invasion, Feng Quan witnessed the customs and culture of Bilgewater and decided to join them. In Bilgewater, people were astounded by his martial abilities. During his stay there he took up boxing.

So yeah that's the alternative name, nickname and lore - which will of course be more in depth once I get consent from a summoner who had already thought of a champion containing Quan in his name.

Thank you so much for viewing my champion ! Please provide feedback and suggestions ! It would be greatly appreciated !

Updates:

- Ult completely changed due to similarities with Malphite's ult - Previous Ult:

Right Uppercut (Active): Malik rushes towards a targeted area and performs an uppercut that deals physical damage to any opponents within the targeted area. This ability will also uplift opponents within the targeted area. Malik regains 30 energy for each enemy champion affected by his uppercut.

Cooldown: 120/100/80
Cost (Energy): This ability uses up all of Malik’s remaining energy at the time of casting this ability.
Physical Damage: 200/400/600(+2.0 per bonus attack damage)
Range: 850
(This is an AoE skillshot similar to Jarvan IV’s ‘Demacian Standard’)

- Q base damage starts at 20 and increases at a steady rate. Versus starting at 20 and going up by 30. The ratio has been changed from 1.0 to 0.8 per bonus attack damage. The cooldown has gone down by 2 seconds.

- W base damages have been lowered tremendously but so have the cooldowns. The ratio now scales full attack damage instead of per bonus attack damage.

- E now refunds energy if an ability is blocked.

- W changed back into a stronger nuke with longer cooldowns.

Milestones:

Liam Geegeeson

06-13-2012

Bump.

Liam Geegeeson

06-13-2012

Bump.

BedderDanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

After reading your champion, I think you have something special here.

However, I think you missed your core engagement on one ability, and fixing it I think will greatly enhance the feel you were going for.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Left Cross / Right Cross
The Cooldown should be like 3 seconds for left cross (and you have 2 seconds to use right cross, total of 3 seconds). They should cost 25/25 energy, but landing Right Cross should refund like 40 energy. The damage would need to be toned down, and the bonus AD of your passive probably dropped to compensate.

This turns your character a boxer on a rampage. Use Q to approach with a right jab, and use the Q-dash to land as Many Left and Right crosses as possible. Block when you expect incoming damage.Throw out your ultimate when they start running.

Probably have W apply on hit effects, since you are essentially replacing your auto with an ability for this. Increase the Energy cost of Block to compensate for the greaty reduced W.

I love the concept, and I think the above changes would bring it to it's fulfillment.

Fancy a quick exchange of reviews?

Liam Geegeeson

06-13-2012

Thank you for reviewing my Champion BedderDanu ! It is greatly appreciated ! I will consider all your suggestions !

Woops ! I can't believe I didn't specify ! It has now been added that if he performs Left Cross, he may perform Right Cross within the next 3 seconds.

Hrm. Well, I think the high energy cost and the high cool down is to compensate for that. Plus, 0.5 second intervals are pretty fast and continuing a combo would be difficult without being crowd controlled. However, of course, the block as you said would negate such against Malik and so he would be able to continue dealing damage.

However, I think that he should not have a way of regaining energy other than his ult and I don't think his energy costs should be lowered. I think this way, one has to be tactical about who they are going to unleash their combo on. Also, if they do start their combo on an opponent, it would require dexterity to keep it going and to make the best use of it.

Also, I deliberately made Malik's attack range and ability ranges small so that he would have to make an extra effort to unleash his combo.

Please remember that I am a novice player of LoL. I hope my thoughts and explanations behind his abilities made sense and are practical. Seeing as you are a senior member and understanding your suggestions, I will consider making changes to Malik.

Sure ! I would be glad to review your champion. Although, it might not be very thorough or in-depth since I lack the knowledge to do so.

Liam Geegeeson

06-13-2012

Bump.

BedderDanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lChienPol View Post
Thank you for reviewing my Champion BedderDanu ! It is greatly appreciated ! I will consider all your suggestions !

Woops ! I can't believe I didn't specify ! It has now been added that if he performs Left Cross, he may perform Right Cross within the next 3 seconds.

Hrm. Well, I think the high energy cost and the high cool down is to compensate for that. Plus, 0.5 second intervals are pretty fast and continuing a combo would be difficult without being crowd controlled. However, of course, the block as you said would negate such against Malik and so he would be able to continue dealing damage.

However, I think that he should not have a way of regaining energy other than his ult and I don't think his energy costs should be lowered. I think this way, one has to be tactical about who they are going to unleash their combo on. Also, if they do start their combo on an opponent, it would require dexterity to keep it going and to make the best use of it.

Also, I deliberately made Malik's attack range and ability ranges small so that he would have to make an extra effort to unleash his combo.

Please remember that I am a novice player of LoL. I hope my thoughts and explanations behind his abilities made sense and are practical. Seeing as you are a senior member and understanding your suggestions, I will consider making changes to Malik.

Sure ! I would be glad to review your champion. Although, it might not be very thorough or in-depth since I lack the knowledge to do so.
Remember, he's your champion. Don't change him simply because I say to, change him because it makes sense to what you feel the champion should be.

let me clarify what I meant about his Left Cross / Right Cross. Imagine if it was simply:
Left: 5/10/15/20/25 + 1.0 AD, 1 second cooldown (Total of 4 seconds, this only happens if you don't trigger Right Cross.) Costs 25 energy. Can Crit. Applies on hit effects
Right: 10/15/20/25/30 + 1.0 AD, 2 second cooldown (To keep the combo going). Refunds 10 energy. Can crit. applies on hit effects.

Do you see the application? low damage, but you use it constantly as a replacement for your auto attack. So you use Q to Jab your way into your opponent, and stick to them as long as possible, with "Left Right Left Right Left Right." Thanks to your passive, each hit is stronger than the last. You become a real AD Melee caster, as opposed to a carry, but the feel is unique.

Also! I almost forgot, Your ultimate needs some work, because right now it is too reminiscent of Malphite. Perhaps something like "Low Blow: Deal 100/150/200 Damage to the target and stun them for 0.5 seconds. Can be used multiple times. doubles in energy cost each time. First cast 10 Energy." so you can keep pummeling a guy as long as you have the energy to invest in the pummeling. The scaling cost makes it so that the CC never really gets out of hand, so it's not perpetual.

I hope that clears my comments up.

Lyria Eternal

06-13-2012

I'll get the review board to look at this champion. I'm a bit busy with work, and reworks on champions at the moment. But never fear I'll get around to it.

Liam Geegeeson

06-13-2012

S: Please don't feel obliged !

Liam Geegeeson

06-13-2012

Wow ! I really like those suggestions BedderDanu !

Agh ! I can't believe I didn't think of how similar it is to Malphite's ! Darnit.

The alternative ult you provided is really interesting. I think I might change my ult towards something similar to the one you have provided. I'm still not sure.

Ohh okay I understand what you mean by W. Hrm, I feel like if I did that, it would completely replace using autoattacks. Also, I think it would be really hard to continually land them since the range is so low. Then again, with on hit effects Frozen Mallet would keep them within range. I really like this concept though ! Brings a new gameplay to Melee AD Fighters.