Cadet Ziggs on the Loose. New to Ziggs and in need of help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jotace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

I recently bought Ziggs (mostly because of his mad laugh, but ended up loving his zoning), and i would like to have some tips or advices from advanced players. (btw, the first time i played him, i played him jungler, lol, was crazy, but effective).

My build right now is:

Summoner Spells: Clarity/Flash
Runes: Flat ap quints, flat magic pen reds, and the rest magicres/armor
Starter items: Amplfying Tome + Potion
Late Game: Sorc Boots, Rabadon's, RoA, Rylai's, Lich Bane, Magic Pen rod.

Share ur thoughs please

Pawstruck

06-05-2012

All I can say is that the general consensus in high-level play is that running Clarity is to gimp yourself. There really is no champion in LoL that "needs" it; just manage your spells better and protect your blue buff. (Ziggs is retardedly mana-dependant, rather like Anivia).

Also, starting Amp Tome + 1pot is generally a pretty risky strategy as an opponent who starts boots + 3 pots will effectively have 250 more HP than you.

DanKnee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Ever since Ziggs came out he has been one of my many played AP Carries Mid.
I don't think he's too mana dependent, as long as you only harass with your Q.
I primarily use my E or W to cut off my enemy to burst them down, or set up for a gank.
People aren't very good at landing his Q, you need to land them to be productive.
A good Ziggs player who is able to use his E and W to its fullest capabilities will usually help their team win team fights unless they are very behind.
There's too much for me to say, but that's all the input I'll give.
It'll be easier understood if you watch someone who's fair at Ziggs play.

Summoner Spells I run: Ignite/Flash
Runes: Magic Pen Reds, Mana Regen Per Level Yellows, AP Per Level Blues, AP Quints
Starter Items: Boots + 3 Pots
Late Game: Order as follows typically:
Sorc Boots - Rabadon - Rylais - Void - Zhonya - Lich Bane

I haven't tested out Athene's Holy Grail yet, if it's cost efficient then I'll most likely use it.
As for RoA, I typically don't build it for any champion, maybe with a few exceptions.

Jotace

06-05-2012

Yeah i know that going 1 amp tome + pot it's a risky way, but most of the time i can harass without even being touched, maybe by fast mids like Kennen.

I pick clarity because it allows me to spam my q more often and get rid of mana pots / dorans for the mana regen early game, i know it sucks lategame and i've missed some kills for not chosing ignite over clarity, but i'm just learning, i guess it's time to learn how to save mana and get ignite

I decided to get ap/level blues, it'll cost a lot, but i think it will be worthy.

About Athene's, i've rushed it on ziggs, but i can't tell you exactly how good it is.

Things ive noticed about W:
1 When escaping i land w on my feet to jump, i used to trhow it afar and prayed to get there.
2 Don't put w so close to trees or walls, the area where you need to be to jump it might be blocked by the tree/wall.
3 I can use my skills when in mid-flight lol.

btw, im loving the free kass week.

MoonStomp

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotace View Post
Yeah i know that going 1 amp tome + pot it's a risky way, but most of the time i can harass without even being touched, maybe by fast mids like Kennen.

I pick clarity because it allows me to spam my q more often and get rid of mana pots / dorans for the mana regen early game, i know it sucks lategame and i've missed some kills for not chosing ignite over clarity, but i'm just learning, i guess it's time to learn how to save mana and get ignite :)

I decided to get ap/level blues, it'll cost a lot, but i think it will be worthy.

About Athene's, i've rushed it on ziggs, but i can't tell you exactly how good it is.

Things ive noticed about W:
1 When escaping i land w on my feet to jump, i used to trhow it afar and prayed to get there.
2 Don't put w so close to trees or walls, the area where you need to be to jump it might be blocked by the tree/wall.
3 I can use my skills when in mid-flight lol.

btw, im loving the free kass week.
I go standard mobafire build. Start with 2 dorans and build hat and other crazy ap items.

Mastering w and e for zoning and escapes are essential ziggs skillls.

Use q when the enemy is near mobs and trying to last hit. Splash damage ftw.

Also don't extend too far in mid. I know its obvious but it really pisses junglers off when they can't gank u cause ur not pushing. I've seen it many times they get greedy and dive tower. E on them w escape. Q q q q q unstoppable!

MoonStomp

06-06-2012

Also if ur having trouble landing q use e to zone them to one side of the minions. Easy pickins

Rounder22

06-06-2012

Use teleport instead of clarity. Almost the same effect with 10x the utility.