Is kat AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZTD09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

Because I want to buy her, but I don't know how she's played. I only have AD runes. I've seen both AP and AD builds on her in game but I don't know which ones best.

l3lackie Chan

08-18-2010

She is kinda both:

Her ult does 55% of AD as magic dam or 35% of AP as magic damage (so you can stack either one, but the ult will do magic damage)

Shunpo (is magic damage)
Bouncing blade (is AD)

08-18-2010

All the damage kat does is magic damage. Her knives scale off of AD (but still do magic damage) while shunpo scales off of AP and the ult is either AD or AP depending on how you build.

CrAzY Penguin

08-18-2010

Seems to me AP is better burst, but AD is better if you can stick in there and auto atk after your rotation

ZTD09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

So would it be worth it to buy her if I only have AD runes?

Azuredragon653

08-18-2010

AD - more damage and less survivability
AP - less damage and more survivability

Personally, I am much more scared of AD Kats. When you solo-kill three opponents at once with only Death Lotus, you don't really need survivability.

Arthas Menethil

08-18-2010

AD is better at solo queue, AP better in arranged

The higher your elo the better AP gets as well

Kadoba

08-18-2010

Keep in mind Rylai's Scepter slows on all of your attacks which is especially devastating on your ultimate. That alone makes me build Kat as AP. AD is still perfectly viable though.

Also runes are important but I wouldn't skip out on using a champion just because you don't have the right ones for them. You can always get them later if you want. Assuming you'll be playing normal games of course.

shiftyshark

08-18-2010

If you have AD runes then go with AD. Both AD and AP are very good.

Ashcarr

08-18-2010

AD runes do not help her. Armor pen won't do a thing for her since she really can't stick around and auto people.

I played her exclusively as AD for a long time and now going into AP. Teams don't let me just Shunpo in all casual like and unleash a full barrage of DL on them any more.

They both have their place and she can really be tailored to how you want her to be played. There's nothing wrong with going either or, just don't do both obviously.