Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonno View Post
If I'm top laning with Riven, how should I keep my lane from pushing? When I go to harass with E-W-Q or whatever, everything does AoE damage and hits the minions, not to mention myself getting aggro from the minions so mine survive longer.

If I try for a kill or something with ult and they manage to get away and heal up, my minions are pushed all the way to their tower and they can just farm underneath while I'm super susceptible to jungler ganks because I'm overextended. Sometimes the lane stays pushed for a long time and I just lose all momentum I could have gained from harassing them.

So how can I prevent pushing the lane in the first place, and how can I fix it if the wave does get pushed?
You are playing a champion that will push the lane no matter what. Riven's kite is build upon early aggression, so you will need to be prepare for that.

Riven's mobility and shield from E allows her you turret dive exceptionally well, if the enemy is at low hp (assuming this since you said he survived your ult) you can let minion to come in, then you just walk straight up to him while the minions are tanking the damage. He either need to back off or your kiburst and damage will allow you to score an easy kill on him.

One ward is pretty much all you need for Riven to escape ganks, her Q and E combine allow her to close a lot of distance to her turret.

Duhizy

05-27-2012

yo do you mind if i add you and spectate your games on occasion, i have four other gold elo friends that have taught me a great deal. Also, whats your main role?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
yo do you mind if i add you and spectate your games on occasion, i have four other gold elo friends that have taught me a great deal. Also, whats your main role?
I can squeeze a spot for you, but it won't be long before I delete you (as I have full friend list)

My main role is AP mid and Support, I will say I am around 1900 with AP mid and up to 2100 with support. I can play other roles as well, with probably jungler as my weakest role.

Support > AP mid > Top > Ranged AD > Jungler

Hi Im Tank

05-27-2012

I usually play as an AD carry, and just recently have started playing solo que. At the moment im at around 1300 elo. I have a few questions:

1. When i play ad carry i usually play corki/graves.. and I farm normally as usual, but I notice that somehow I push my minions towards their tower. This makes less comfortable being near their towers. My question is how do I control minion waves, so that I keep them in the middle between our towers.

2. One problem for me is going up against someone like Cait+Alistar. One game I got completely zoned out by them, with cait having about 50 more creep kills then me, which ended up with her getting fed off farm. How would I deal with this?

3. My main problem is that I have no what to do after my bot tower goes down, or theirs. Do I just stay bot and keep farming? Or is that when i go mid and help them out and defend? I get a little lost at this stage, I get more of a feeling once more towers are done and your travelling with your whole team.

4. As a Bot AD Carry, should I be roaming when I push minions waves to their tower, or should I just recall and get items/pots.

If you could answer those that would be great Thank you

ExecutionerK

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Im Tank View Post
I usually play as an AD carry, and just recently have started playing solo que. At the moment im at around 1300 elo. I have a few questions:

1. When i play ad carry i usually play corki/graves.. and I farm normally as usual, but I notice that somehow I push my minions towards their tower. This makes less comfortable being near their towers. My question is how do I control minion waves, so that I keep them in the middle between our towers.

2. One problem for me is going up against someone like Cait+Alistar. One game I got completely zoned out by them, with cait having about 50 more creep kills then me, which ended up with her getting fed off farm. How would I deal with this?

3. My main problem is that I have no what to do after my bot tower goes down, or theirs. Do I just stay bot and keep farming? Or is that when i go mid and help them out and defend? I get a little lost at this stage, I get more of a feeling once more towers are done and your travelling with your whole team.

4. As a Bot AD Carry, should I be roaming when I push minions waves to their tower, or should I just recall and get items/pots.

If you could answer those that would be great Thank you
1. Graves usually push the lane a bit anyway, I would rather recommend you to put a ward at dragon or tri-bush to solve the problem

2. Alistar and Cait really rely on good engagement from alistar. To shut him down, a ward at the bush or preventing to sit next to a wall is enough to make his life much more difficult.

3. It depends, if the minions are all on your turret and the enemy are spread out, you can go ahead and take them. Freeze it if the enemy is still spread, or push it if they start grouping up. Nonetheless, if you are not far behind from the enemy, you should go stick with the team more than farming,

4. I favor recalling. Most ranged AD doesn't have a good cc to let them roam like aggressive support like leona or alistar

LongMustaches

05-27-2012

Hello, The problem i have is with Sona.

I always rush chalice on her as the first item, as i want to be able to spam her skills, and i just dont see any otehr way to do so early game.

To fund for the loss of first g/10 item i got g/10 seals and quints on top of gold from support masteries. The first items I get are Meki, 1 sight ward and health potion. On the sercond back i try to finish chalice and get at least 2 more wards.

But i've been told that is wrong and i should rush g/10 items on every support.

SO.. is it bad to rush chalice on sona or not?

General Sassycat

05-28-2012

What alternative items can i build on Skarner if i want to get an early game advantage? Most of the time i go your basic gp5 route with mercs, but with this i do only average damage and not enough to get kills easily if my teams are feeding. I find in most cases i am relying on my HoG to get successful ganks because i'm always diving because of flashes ad escapes (after i've used my ult). Should i just rush a sheen or something if i want to dominate lanes?

Also, sometimes when my team is stomping i go quad Gp5 for ****s and giggles. In the case of having a significant advantage, is this viable?

And lastly, my build. Assuming we have enough tankiness, i build triforce, nashors, wits end, zhonyas and deathcap on skarner. I find with his basic health and wits and zhonyas he is fairly tanky (enough for being a sort of of tank. So in the event of having enough tankiness, viable? I'm expecting a no but i hate building him ad when you can go hybridish ap and get all lulzy with the big shields and heals.

ExecutionerK

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongMustaches View Post
Hello, The problem i have is with Sona.

I always rush chalice on her as the first item, as i want to be able to spam her skills, and i just dont see any otehr way to do so early game.

To fund for the loss of first g/10 item i got g/10 seals and quints on top of gold from support masteries. The first items I get are Meki, 1 sight ward and health potion. On the sercond back i try to finish chalice and get at least 2 more wards.

But i've been told that is wrong and i should rush g/10 items on every support.

SO.. is it bad to rush chalice on sona or not?
rush chalice will decrease your early game income by a lot, where gp10 item shines the most

Even if you want chalice, I will recommend you to build one GP10 item before buying chalice. Using gold seal will also make you take more damage from the ranged AD at the bottom lane, so it might not worth the effort to go around for just chalice

ExecutionerK

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Sassycat View Post
What alternative items can i build on Skarner if i want to get an early game advantage? Most of the time i go your basic gp5 route with mercs, but with this i do only average damage and not enough to get kills easily if my teams are feeding. I find in most cases i am relying on my HoG to get successful ganks because i'm always diving because of flashes ad escapes (after i've used my ult). Should i just rush a sheen or something if i want to dominate lanes?

Also, sometimes when my team is stomping i go quad Gp5 for ****s and giggles. In the case of having a significant advantage, is this viable?

And lastly, my build. Assuming we have enough tankiness, i build triforce, nashors, wits end, zhonyas and deathcap on skarner. I find with his basic health and wits and zhonyas he is fairly tanky (enough for being a sort of of tank. So in the event of having enough tankiness, viable? I'm expecting a no but i hate building him ad when you can go hybridish ap and get all lulzy with the big shields and heals.
I have had heard people going philo stone or heart of gold then go straight to sheen and aegis. It allows them to have one gp10 item for gold income and then increase the damage output with one of the two items. I am not a skarner player myself, however, so I am not sure.

quad gp10 is a somewhat interesting idea. I ran triple gp10 on my blitzcrank support sometime, but avarine blade is probably a bad item for skarner and should be avoided.(Actually, lucky pick isn't good either- -)

General Sassycat

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I have had heard people going philo stone or heart of gold then go straight to sheen and aegis. It allows them to have one gp10 item for gold income and then increase the damage output with one of the two items. I am not a skarner player myself, however, so I am not sure.

quad gp10 is a somewhat interesting idea. I ran triple gp10 on my blitzcrank support sometime, but avarine blade is probably a bad item for skarner and should be avoided.(Actually, lucky pick isn't good either- -)
The small amount of AP Kage's gives is actually nice for shield and heals, as far as I've seen. And i know Avarice stats aren't fantastic on him but i'm building strictly for the GP5 because of my expensive build. The only thing is all the GP5 delay my build somewhat and i was wondering if that's okay if it gives me a stronger later game and i can rely on my team (I build differently for solo queue). But i guess since to don't play Skarner too much i'll just have to hassle someone else for help :d