How would you feel if these were in the game?

Great idea. 63 69.23%
I don't see the point. 21 23.08%
i don't care. 7 7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

item ideas - had 50 players look at these so i'm putting them on here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Yes, I fully remember playing DPS Kassadin myself. That was, what, at least a year ago? I could be off, but it was quite a while back. Point is, today, not a single Kassadin player ever maxes W before Q or E. Q silence is too powerful, E burst in team fights+50% slow is amazing, and W really only adds a little damage on top of the mana sustain.

And I haven't seen any Taric players get TotG/Manamune, but a pseudo-carry Taric probably would want that. Still considering his stats, he has 121 base AD at 18, Manamune gives 20+52.26 bumping him to 173 AD (enough as long as his target has less than 8 Armor, literally). His ulti is an additional 70 (now we're up to 53 Armor, still lower than base level 18 Armor's 61-90).

Just saying, this item would almost unconditionally provide more mana return than Taric's passive, and it would certainly outshine pre-15 Kassadin's mana sustain on attack, and most importantly it would be available to champions who weren't balanced for this sort of mana sustain.
I wasn't commenting on the item, just on your post. =p

Lordofluxuary

05-22-2012

is the passive so much of an issue because it seems much more useful than hiding out until your mana regen kicks in and by the time the item is complete it will be at least mid game so your farming would have already been messed with long before the item is complete.
Please continue to support or comment on these ideas thank you. ^^

axesandspears

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofluxuary View Post
is the passive so much of an issue because it seems much more useful than hiding out until your mana regen kicks in and by the time the item is complete it will be at least mid game so your farming would have already been messed with long before the item is complete.
Please continue to support or comment on these ideas thank you. ^^
Yes the mana return passive is a problem. That particular type of mechanic cannot be balanced outside of individual champion kits and it should never be available on an item. Champions are balanced in part on the idea that they will run out of mana without spending a lot to itemize more of it, and mana-return based on using abilities or auto-attacking is far too binary to ever be properly priced or balanced.

Lordofluxuary

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Yes the mana return passive is a problem. That particular type of mechanic cannot be balanced outside of individual champion kits and it should never be available on an item. Champions are balanced in part on the idea that they will run out of mana without spending a lot to itemize more of it, and mana-return based on using abilities or auto-attacking is far too binary to ever be properly priced or balanced.
i will not discredit your claim but it is only a difference of opinion and also if you don't try why give up, because you have no way of knowing if something can be balanced or priced correctly.
For those who think that item would "break" the game to rush this with nothing else does tend to leave you open for a lot of problems if it ever happened. also its no like there are champions who don't use mana as a resource right? sorry if you find my sarcasm rude. but there are always problems it seems.

axesandspears

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofluxuary View Post
i will not discredit your claim but it is only a difference of opinion and also if you don't try why give up, because you have no way of knowing if something can be balanced or priced correctly.
For those who think that item would "break" the game to rush this with nothing else does tend to leave you open for a lot of problems if it ever happened. also its no like there are champions who don't use mana as a resource right? sorry if you find my sarcasm rude. but there are always problems it seems.
For reference, something like mana-sustain was attempted.....The very opposite effect mana burn.

It was always binary because many champions could not afford the mana cost, and some other champions would die before they ran out of mana.

Attack-based and ability-based mana adjustments are very binary because of the large discrepencies in mana costs and optimal builds. It cannot be balanced and worth using for more than a tiny minority of the champion base at any given time, and it is not worth the effort to change every champion so that they can be balanced with such mechanics.

If a mechanic cannot be balanced and worth using for more than a very small selection of any category of champions or it requires excessively altering other mechanics to make it work, the mechanic in question should not exist on an item. That doesn't mean that you cannot balance it within a single champion kit, as there are a lot of mechanics that are balanced within champion kits and would be broken if they were available on items.

Lordofluxuary

05-26-2012

honestly there are many items like that already and also with less than 100 champions so far it doesn't really matter if it is for a minority or not and viewing it from a worldly aspect there is nothing wrong with helping the minority at least not from my point of view, because the way i see it many things done to balance or strengthen or weaken champions and items is more so done for the minority or the league, prime example high ranking teams or individuals because most summoners play normal games. Again Continue to comment but please comment on more than one item i have many ideas.

FistOf7Dragons

05-26-2012

the parasite item seems to strong imo 25% cd increase could crush certain champs.
i like the rest though (the mana regen one is to strong i still like it though).

Lordofluxuary

05-26-2012

I have added more items so look at those as well ^^

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Lord's Divining Path: Reduce the base Mana gain per hit to 4 and the bonus for striking champions to 4x. (it's a huge change, i know, but if you look at what it is right now i think u can agree it's a bit strong atm)

Looming Parasite: Should not be able to reduce cooldowns below 0% cd reduction (no extended cooldowns, only less cooldown reduction for the attacker)

BBS: Armor penetration should be increased slightly, as this is a legendary tier item and 15 armor pen won't do much (even with the ability to stack it with other armor reductions). I'd say 20-25.

The rest of them look balanced and like amazing items.

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglshGentleman View Post
Because all champions get Armor/lvl, the reduction in armor hardly affects people in the same way.
But still affects them, which is why Stark's Ferver worked.