The Non Ajustable Camera Angle - Removing Fast Terrain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadyAzalea

05-23-2012

Well even if we're the minority, it's nice to have support as we all flounder from this money-hungry company. I appreciate it. I have a document with 7 links? compiled. Thing is, we've all seen each other's threads at this point I imagine so it's all the same 50 of us liking each other's I'm guessin. But there are tons of people who don't use the forums or maybe aren't hardcore players and come in once every few weeks for a pickup game. If I could adapt, I would Riot...but you're even giving me a choice and telling me that all it is and ever was about was "performance."

Mister Evening

05-23-2012

I hate this entire situation, it hurts both sides of the party.

To us, it feels like riot has betrayed us
but to riot, it feels like the customers have betrayed them.

I just ask that to those who are complaining about the situation, dont forget that the people who you are complaining to are the same people who provided you hours of irreplaceable fun. Also that riot, please dont forget that we are customers who have stayed loyal to you over the 2 years and that we sincerely hope that LoL will continue for years to come.

But the situation atm is unbearable and that you are patient with us to find a solution.

krazypunk1018

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

I have to agree with this also, i can barely play the game now that fast terrain was taken out. It's funny though cause in the patch preview video they mention how the fps will improve on the low settings with the new upgrade and they have records of doubling fps but it did the opposite for me.

Before the patch i was playing anywhere from 30 to 40 fps not with the so called upgrade for better performance i get the most 20 but mostly around 10 to 15 fps, it's ridiculous, especially when multiple champions are on my screen at the same time.

Pookie26

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Evening View Post
I hate this entire situation, it hurts both sides of the party.

To us, it feels like riot has betrayed us
but to riot, it feels like the customers have betrayed them.

I just ask that to those who are complaining about the situation, dont forget that the people who you are complaining to are the same people who provided you hours of irreplaceable fun. Also that riot, please dont forget that we are customers who have stayed loyal to you over the 2 years and that we sincerely hope that LoL will continue for years to come.

But the situation atm is unbearable and that you are patient with us to find a solution.
Despite my complaining, i completely agree. I understand that they have a hugh population to proved aid and to care for. I know that they are all hard working and good guys at riot. However, im sure you can understand how this whole thing could piss a guy off haha. I just wish to be able to play again. All league needs is a way to adjust the camera / camera options and boom, you have just satisfied thousands of users, many of whom been complaining for ages about purple side camera view, and the people now unable to play without fast terrain camera angle. Its really just the camera angle that needs to be fixed. Just a hint for a fix/help with this that is coming in the near future is all that is really wanted. But as of now, nothing.

It is just a really sucky situation... i just wanna play.

GGat20 Sportacus

05-24-2012

I have played with fast terrain on since I started playing League, and have had it on for years now.

I also didn't really use it for the fps boost, it did help, but I used it mostly because it was my preferred way to view the game.

With it gone, I see myself getting bad headaches much faster than I used too.

This is due to my eyes having a slight weakness to bright light, due to an accident that happen to my eyes when I was a little kid. I play with sunglasses on most of the time and will get headaches from playing any game on a computer/tv after awhile.

But the time it took me to get a bad headache before with it on was roughly around 4-5 hours. Now it seems due to the new angle I have to look at, I get a headache at around the 40 minute mark, which greatly decreases my ability to play comfortably.

I won't be quitting league because of this, but I will be playing a lot less(kinda forced), and wish the good people in Riot did a bit more research into WHY fast terrain was used by some people, as some of us used it for reasons other than performance reasons.

HelI Bringer

05-24-2012

I too agree with this. I play league with my friends, even after Diablo 3's release. I have spent quite a bit of money on it too, and for us "minority" to simply be tossed aside like a used napkin is hurtful. I can no longer even play purple side as the camera angle is nice cinimaticly, but not tacticly. It physicly hurts to look at, and I can not play a skill shot champ anymore (ahri being one of my favorites along with Ez and Naut). I will continue playing (hopefully) and try to enjoy this game, but even if we could have THE ANGLE back it would help.

Please Riot, we beg you, return the Camera angle. Love the new graphics, but its too hard to play...

LamboDiabloSVTT

05-24-2012

I didn't use this feature before the update (I didn't even know it existed), but I don't like the way they're handling this.

They went out of their way for the minority of color blind players, why not the minority of people who can't play without the isometric camera?

Athundras

05-24-2012

Fast Terrain wasn't even about improving performance, I used it for the Birds Eye View of the game. Just add some method or option of letting us see the screen from top down, instead of at an angle.

Performance isn't the issue here, it's the point of view of the game

Adie

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athundras View Post
Fast Terrain wasn't even about improving performance, I used it for the Birds Eye View of the game. Just add some method or option of letting us see the screen from top down, instead of at an angle.

Performance isn't the issue here, it's the point of view of the game
Totally agree! Its the view that messes up everything. I'll be back in a week or so until they fix (hopefully they will) it. Or else I have no choice to limit my time playing.

Chronic69

05-25-2012

Bring it back plz, i agree with the Op, but after seeing the post bout riot not going to, its just like a big FU, Riot:whats that? cant play with out it? meh we dont care you'll just leave and we'll get double the amount which means more $ in our pockets