[GUIDE]Melee Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eddysamson

Member

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Bob View Post
Stopped reading right there. Not getting 1 level of W at level 2 or 4 (1 and 3 should always be sphere) is stupid and counter productive to your ultimate early game goal which is to stay in your lane for as long as possible. Even if you're getting harrassed the few hits to creeps when they get to your tower is what lets you pump out extra spheres.
Ok have fun with your skill that barely effects the early game, meanwhile I will be nuking harder with my E which scales amazingly well per point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floatzel

Senior Member

11-01-2009

if you took every character to level 18 and gave them no buffs, abilities or items whatsoever...
kassadin has the highest natural DPS (auto attacks)

True story.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnath

Senior Member

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Bob View Post
Stopped reading right there. Not getting 1 level of W at level 2 or 4 (1 and 3 should always be sphere) is stupid and counter productive to your ultimate early game goal which is to stay in your lane for as long as possible. Even if you're getting harrassed the few hits to creeps when they get to your tower is what lets you pump out extra spheres.
W is an enormously useless ability in early game, going to whack on the caster creeps for mana puts you in unnecessary danger.

Sphere is the first spell you should get, but only because it helps with last hitting and harassment in the start. Beyond that point the priority should Always be Force Pulse.

ALWAYS.

I've never had trouble staying in my lane without it. If you are NEEDING W to stay in your lane then you're doing it wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2009

I think this build underestimates how powerful Kassadin's W actually is.

@ level 1, his W steal's 2% of the targets mana and returns double that as mana to Kassadin.

@ level 5, his W steal's 5% and returns a disgustingly huge 10% mana back to Kassadin.

Now you combine that with large mana pool champions, and you can easily sustain your abilities with the right amount of attack speed. 10% of somebody's mana per swing is a lot, especially when you move into late game. Even more so with his ult, that can literally always put you close enough to the casters you want to leech.

Now, in theory, having Rage Blade and Nashor's Tooth should give you the attack speed you need to really take advantage of the mana steal, but I have issues with both items.

Nashor's Tooth has too much mana regen. The whole idea of using your W effectively is that you don't need much mana regen at all. I can't bring myself to spend money on something that conflicts with it's self.

Rage Blade by it's self dosen't give you enough attack speed to really take advantage of it, and the +physical damage is kind of iffy (I suppose it does stack with Trinity force though)

I think you'd want to spend as little money on Attack Speed as possible. I'm toying with the idea of getting Recurve early on and then upgrading it to a Stark's when the game moves into a later phase. Other then that, Malady and Wit's End are both really cheap ways to fully explore a +40% attack speed item.

Y'know what? I'm thinking that you should ditch the idea of getting attack speed items all together and just use Elixirs of Agility. Between those, Trinity Force and your passive, I think that's all the Attack Speed you need to fund.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nope

Member

11-01-2009

This thread made me cry a little bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seresibyl

Senior Member

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope View Post
This thread made me cry a little bit.
Nope


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TMTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Bob View Post
Stopped reading right there. Not getting 1 level of W at level 2 or 4 (1 and 3 should always be sphere) is stupid and counter productive to your ultimate early game goal which is to stay in your lane for as long as possible. Even if you're getting harrassed the few hits to creeps when they get to your tower is what lets you pump out extra spheres.
Casting more spells is not as good as casting fewer, stronger spells. ESPECIALLY before level 6, because until you can chase, whittling the enemy down will never kill them. You want them to think they're safe.

Kassadin excels because of his burst damage, and here you are trying to play him as harassment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTurtle View Post
Casting more spells is not as good as casting fewer, stronger spells. ESPECIALLY before level 6, because until you can chase, whittling the enemy down will never kill them. You want them to think they're safe.

Kassadin excels because of his burst damage, and here you are trying to play him as harassment.
I like this guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nope

Member

11-01-2009

Playing Kassadin as a melee character goes against everything he stands for. I consider him an awesome mix between support and assassin.

Because he's the champion LoL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our champion. He's a silencing guardian, a watchful slower. A dark knight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2009

assassin kassadin... assadin?

you can melee with him. i do it for the funsies if people stack magic resist but it's really not that bad of an idea. i stop caring about my ap gain if people stack a lot of magic resist anyway.
i usually start with 2 rod of ages. if i get an atma's impaler after that, it's roughly +80 dmg. kassadin with 200 dmg +20% crit = good melee. i just tell people i get atma for the armor but i just don't think atma's bad on a kassadin.

i disagree with using meki though. sapphire + 2 health pots is just a much faster path to rod of ages.