tribunal rewards

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamWeaver1001

03-14-2012

The point of the tribunal is to have people take their time and reviewing cases for the community. I feel that rather than give all the trolls more ip, or rp at all, have levels of the tribunal. Kind of like a court system. If you decide on enough cases correctly out of a certain number, say you voted majority 80-90% out of 100-150 cases then you move up a level.

Every level the reward for reviewing a case increases. As well as the difficulty for moving up a level. From 5 ip at the bottom level then increase by 5 per level, up until 15 ip per case. Then if you get that high after maybe reviewing 500+ cases in the 3rd tier and voting majority on 75-80% of them, you move up to the rp tiers. Here you get either more difficult cases or just long ones.

You could also have 3 tiers here as well all the way up to 15 rp per case. This way the easy cases start at the bottom, those with 1 game of report and short text. then go up each tier till you are voting on cases with 4-5 games with lots of text per each.

I know this might take more time out of admins and devs hands to monitor the situation and it seems kind of a long ladder to get anywhere. But I think this would really help the whole long time vs. small rewards vs. troll tribunal voters.

Dirkh had some really good points on how to balance the already bad system of time.

Baluranha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieBrasco View Post
Hello all, I spent a long time reviewing cases and passing what I thought was fair, well thought out judgment in the tribunal. I got the reward for 9 cases that I voted with the majority and I got.......45 IP....#$%&!!!!!!!!!!
I spent a long time being fair and trying to better the community of players and help the user experience and 5Ip per judgment is all they could reward me with?

I have a better idea, I would be happy to do each correct case for 5 RP per case. That way with a lot of effort I can get a skin or two down the road.

Let me know if you agree, 5RP makes a lot more sense, otherwise why bother wasting time on the tribunal?
Thanks for listening.
V.
i'd still vote on tribunal if it was 0 IP, i wan't to have a better community to play, not a greedy one

Skilltestingman

03-14-2012

Mind you that 45 IP is a 20 min surrender game (give or take a few)

GothicNightmares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Quote:
Mind you that 45 IP is a 20 min surrender game (give or take a few)
at least you are having fun?

Millia Hakumei

05-16-2012

I use the Tribunal to help weed out cases to help Riot deal with reports and bans, and I take the IP as a side bonus even if it's small, I do not mind as they did not have to offer anything at all.

Elkalash

05-16-2012

Quote:
BlueLethal
02-25-2012, 02:11 PM
But then, everyone would swarm to do the tribunals to abuse to get RP.
You cant Abuse it remember a riot judge has the final say in the sentencing and he Will read the case and has access to more resources to see what actually happened.

KazaLyn Shao

05-16-2012

Honestly, I don't think there should be any reward IP for the tribunal at all. Cleaning up the community should be its own reward. Bonus IP just encourages trolls to spam click the "punish" button to get their reward. Give them nothing to look forward to and they won't even bother. Then you'll only be left the people who actually care about making our community a better place. Even if I got absolutely nothing, I'd still participate.

rpglurker

05-17-2012

I like the concept of becoming a ranked judge based on a history of correct case solving, The mechanics of this could be simply higher rewards for cases or could also include more difficult cases; say judgments for higher ranked players, or more complex evidence. It could also highlight for the riot reviewer the quality of the judge to potentially simpify their work in validating the judgement with the concept being a "high ranked judge" would need less review scrutiny.

Interesting ideas... Thanks all for an interesting discussion.

rpglurker

TheNurichu

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
But then, everyone would swarm to do the tribunals to abuse to get RP.
Actually only level 30s. Or they could make u pay ip or rp to do the tribunal and u have to be level 30.

Lanolaven

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver1001 View Post
Kind of like a court system. If you decide on enough cases correctly out of a certain number, say you voted majority 80-90% out of 100-150 cases then you move up a level.
Interesting idea, but you fail to address how a decision is dubbed "correct." Voting with the majority is "correct?" Jesus...... I sure hope that's not what our American court systems are doing - as you mentioned "like a court system."

Like many have said earlier, it is possible people are just voting on what seems to be the right call after looking at a case for 1 minute. Assuming that's happening, you're making the same vote as the people who are voting within one minute. Thus, creating the majority of 1 minute voters, your hypothetical high tiered judges.

12345612 ... 14