We need a way to que up as our role.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravens View Post
I've noticed from my time of playing League, more and more people que into draft and ranked solo/duo and claim "I'm doing (insert role aside from support here) or I'm feeding!) And I am tired of having to dodge ques when people fight over roles. That's why I'm here to suggest that League needs a way to get into games as a certain role.
I know in WoW they implemented a system where someone could que for a rnadom instance as either a Tank, Healer, or DPS and we need a system similar to that. It doesnt have to be mandatory but it would be nice if it was there for the Summoners that would like to use it. Thanks.
This idea has been posted before.
Notably, by me.
Why can't I abandon a game during Champion Select?

Here's my idea:
Quote:
The entire Champion select process needs to be re-designed. The process of starting a game should be similar to WOW’s LFG tool, (as it was back when I was playing WOW.)

There should be a constant pool of players lined up to play a game, they should select a map, a Champion, a role, and/or lane that they would like to play LONG before they are ever matched with other players. The System should then pick a player from the top of that pool, that fits in with an already forming group.

Say the group doesn’t have a Mage to play mid, the system would simply pick the next player from the pool that has selected , Summoner’s Rift, Mage, Ziggs, Mid, for his choices.

And, if someone wants to leave the line up because there is a jungler, he should be allowed to leave. Instead of discarding the entire group as it does now, (which clearly doesn’t make sense) the system would simple pick the next player in the pool that fit’s the group.

Bunnymo chan

05-22-2012

Finally i can queue as ad carry and my only ranged ad champion is ashe.

Lanolaven

05-22-2012

higher elo's fix this for the most part

people become more understanding, and open to people who are adamant about taking a role

ALWAYS back down to the trolls, if you dont, they will feed

i like the arranged Q idea, its not a bad one for roles, there are drawbacks tho

like i said though, for the most part, once you're out of elo hell, people are more interested in winning and being malleable at champion select. Theres an understanding anyone above you in elo at champion select has first dibs

OriginalJack

05-22-2012

I really don't see this fixing the problem. I mean what's to stop somebody from signing up for support (to possibly get a shorter wait time) and then instalocking like leblanc or something and calling "mid or i feed"? Are you planning on restricting them to a certain set of champs once they sign up for a role or something?

Also what about people like me who don't really care what they role they play? Would I be forced to pick a role before i queue up or would there be a "I'll play whatever button" (which trolls could abuse)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam1111111111 View Post
Finally i can queue as ad carry and my only ranged ad champion is ashe.
Also this guy brings up a good point. Would you have to own a certain number of champions that have been predetermined to fit into the role you sign up for?

Dragoon Feld

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarwolf View Post
then queue times will be longer unless you play support then its instaque...then people realise hey i can queue as support..then pick another character anyway...theres nothing to say a team HAS to have a support..and if people feel so strongly that the team does they should do it...or if riot feels that a team must have 1 of each class..when people queue they pick a character and mm fits them into a game...this doesnt work if people are trying to counter pick though.....at the end of the day if you feel a team needs a support so badly..then always play support
solution. multiple ques for what you can fill

NotSoSuperMan

05-22-2012

While a queue system like this won't prevent the trolls who just want to troll, it will stop the people who only troll because they didn't get their pet position. This would cut down a lot of problems.

The other big plus is that I'm more likely to get the role I want to play. Sometimes I feel like playing support, then you get to the game and someone else is ultra keen on the role, often for legitimate reasons, like they're on skype with their friend. I play some other role which is fine and all.

It's just a shame that I have to play a 30 min game in a role I'd rather not play and having a role selection option at startup would help solve this too.

Support Is Hard

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravens View Post
I've noticed from my time of playing League, more and more people que into draft and ranked solo/duo and claim "I'm doing (insert role aside from support here) or I'm feeding!) And I am tired of having to dodge ques when people fight over roles. That's why I'm here to suggest that League needs a way to get into games as a certain role.
I know in WoW they implemented a system where someone could que for a rnadom instance as either a Tank, Healer, or DPS and we need a system similar to that. It doesnt have to be mandatory but it would be nice if it was there for the Summoners that would like to use it. Thanks.
I don't think we should queue up with role in mind, that will cause matchmaking problems. But when in the lobby, when someone claims a ranged ad for example the other teammates should not be allowed to lock in another ranged ad. The only problem with this is Riot would have to give an accurate way to see which champions can be which roles.

This will stop , for example, two ranged ad carries insta locking causing either a dodge queue or a game thats waiting to fail.

KnightxSScarlett

05-23-2012

Such a system would stop people from playing the not-meta. Riot isn't going to impose the meta upon people, it's retarded.

NotSoSuperMan

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Such a system would stop people from playing the not-meta. Riot isn't going to impose the meta upon people, it's retarded.
It wouldn't stop people from playing not meta. You'd just queue without specifying a role and you get slotted into any team.

Of course, your team may be annoyed that you are playing not-meta, but that is no different to how things currently are now.