what are so champs that counter riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShirakFaeryn

05-22-2012

Seen some decent advice. Range+CC as stated earlier obviously. Kennen does especially well, but ranged aside... Speaking from my experience maining Riven I would say Jax is give/take, comes down to the players' skill. Renekton is a good counter. Voli, Olaf, sometimes Shyvana if she is pro. Teemo CAN counter her, but you have to kite her into a gank from your jungler. Move-quick, shoot/blind, fall back asap or you will take a lot of dmg. If you blind me as Riven I will just Q Q Q/shield after you until the blind wears off and smack you.

Sam Is Whoa

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant023 View Post
I always counter Rumble with her, I take mov. speed quints and boots of speed when I'm vs him, stay behind minions and if he starts with fire i shield myself and catch up 2 him, stun him, do a few basic attacks and get away with broken wings, maybe your playstyle is different but i've played against many rumbles and i always managed to counter them.
You probably do do well against other rumbles and maybe you would counter me well we dont know, but I do know I have never died 1v1 against a riven (yes ganks and team fights kill me obviously) she has no way to catch up to kill and ive noticed that if a champ is next to a minion and I shoot in the center the skill shot prioritizes the champion. I can easily slow your cs down and live to fight another day. I counter mostly all melee AD champs top except a good shen, jax, and a good tanky wukong.

Also when I say counter I dont mean you lose the lane bad and get no cs, I mean I can slow your cs down and not be outmatched and killed constantly. Im not saying in any way that I would mop the floor with you or any other riven, Im just confident in my ability that riven wouldnt halt me from picking rumble like shen, jax, sion, galio, olaf would.

Dorsia

05-22-2012

i've never had a problem with a riven as: fiora, rumble, yorick, trundle, teemo, irelia, kayle, renekton, jax (once u hit 6)

im sure there are others as well. pretty much solid ranged harass or good sustain are the best bets

EvilBeans

05-22-2012

How does garen beat riven? Riven got a stun. Maybe because garen judgement is a ****ton of dmg, but riven is so mobile that it is pretty sad if you cant avoid it... 2 jumps and a stun. I mean what else kills garen?

HighFiveAtomBomb

05-23-2012

ok so whoever said teemo, her skills still hit through, she can Q through blinds, and stun you once its over.

and reketon isnt a hard counter at all, sure a super skills renekton might be but a riven rene lane ends up juding whose gonna dash first and the other person counter stunning and escaping

SaveTheMaids

07-08-2012

I don't think anything can counter a good Riven.

You just have to outplay the person behind her.

That or just don't take unnecessary risks.

An enemy Riven without 2 early kills is a lot less dangerous for your team.

Dorsia

07-09-2012

if both players are equally skilled, IN MY OPINION, riven will ALWAYS lose to:

olaf, trundle, renekton, garen, jax (once he hits 6), kayle, rumble, ap nunu

other possibilities:
udyr, pantheon, anyone with range... kennen, vlad, teemo (altho i feel like riven can bridge the gap on teemo pretty easily, especially post 6 with the extra dps from ult)

Danish Vikingz

07-09-2012

I'd say there isn't any real "hard" counters to Riven, there are which can do good against her. But none that auto wins the lane really. I feel like Riven is a bit like Lee Sin, her power is really, really dependent on the skill of the player sitting behind the screen.

In my experience Renekton's can do a good job, sometimes Yorick, Jax, Rumble and Lee Sin have occasionally given me some trouble. Really dependent on player skill IMO.

Skilltestingman

07-09-2012

Sources have told me malphite is a biatch

Keirndmo

07-09-2012

Captain Teemo on duty.