Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LarcyBrown

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1st kill: 300 gold 1st death: 300 gold
2nd kill: 330 gold 2nd death: 273 gold
3rd kill: 363 gold (Killing spree) 3rd death: 216 gold
4th kill: 399 gold (Rampage) 4th death: 170 gold
5th kill: 439 gold (Unstoppable) 5th death: 135 gold
6th kill: 483 gold (Dominating) 6th death: 106 gold
7th kill: 500 gold (Godlike) 7th death: 84 gold
8th kill: 500 gold (Legendary) 8th death: 66 gold
9+ kills: 600 gold (Legendary) 9th death: 52 gold

and yes, from what I know, a kill will reset it to 300, but not assist
O_O So after the 4th death Its REALLY not so much at all o.o suddenly the death timer has a new meaning for me , cant farm while dead.

Veevos

05-21-2012

Hey guys!

I'm not in ranked matches yet (almost to 30), but I was wondering about Katarina. She's my favorite champion at the moment, and I've played her almost exclusively for the last 20 levels or so. I consider myself fairly good with her as an AP mid, and I normally end games with a 3:1 kdr. I'm extremely aggressive in mid, often times at the expense of a good CS. 9 times out of 10, I've got a kill before level 6. I try my best to help out my top and bottom lanes whenever possible as well.

My questions are:
1. Is Katarina a viable 1800+ elo choice?
2. Are there any true counters to Katarina?
3. Should I favor CS over aggressive zoning/griefing?

Any advice in this area would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Veevos

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Hey guys!

I'm not in ranked matches yet (almost to 30), but I was wondering about Katarina. She's my favorite champion at the moment, and I've played her almost exclusively for the last 20 levels or so. I consider myself fairly good with her as an AP mid, and I normally end games with a 3:1 kdr. I'm extremely aggressive in mid, often times at the expense of a good CS. 9 times out of 10, I've got a kill before level 6. I try my best to help out my top and bottom lanes whenever possible as well.

My questions are:
1. Is Katarina a viable 1800+ elo choice?
2. Are there any true counters to Katarina?
3. Should I favor CS over aggressive zoning/griefing?

Any advice in this area would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Veevos
There is a really good katarina at 2.3k I believe, his name is TenseiNoAkuma (close to that, you should be able to find him)

Personally I believe that katarina has 2 main requirements before picking her.
1. Your team must be able to have some CC to stop the enemy from interrupting Kat.
2. Your team must soak some damage and have enough threat so that the enemy use CC on them

These two requirements make it really hard to play Kat in solo Q, the fact that your team must do so much for you will cripple their ability to carry in order to increase your ability to carry.

So in the end, Yes, she is a viable pick, but I won't recommend it.

You should always CS to the point where you can get a hextech revolver, after that, focusing on kill will be much more important than CSing

Veevos

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
There is a really good katarina at 2.3k I believe, his name is TenseiNoAkuma (close to that, you should be able to find him)

Personally I believe that katarina has 2 main requirements before picking her.
1. Your team must be able to have some CC to stop the enemy from interrupting Kat.
2. Your team must soak some damage and have enough threat so that the enemy use CC on them

These two requirements make it really hard to play Kat in solo Q, the fact that your team must do so much for you will cripple their ability to carry in order to increase your ability to carry.

So in the end, Yes, she is a viable pick, but I won't recommend it.

You should always CS to the point where you can get a hextech revolver, after that, focusing on kill will be much more important than CSing
I actually use a derivative of TiensiNoAkuma's build when I mid. He is the player that almost gives me hope that I'll be able to play her in higher elo games. CC of course is Kat's worst enemy, and opposing players who really know to reserve their CC until I jump in are a real problem. But if I hang back and let the team fight get under way, normally I can shunpo and bouncing blade my way to an ace. This might be a characteristic of non-ranked play, though.

So with the fact that it will be hard to queue with Kat in solo queue ranked games, could you recommend another AP carry with similar aggressive play style? I probably will still lean towards playing her if possible, but I'd rather the team get a W than me get to play Kat. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Veevos

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
I actually use a derivative of TiensiNoAkuma's build when I mid. He is the player that almost gives me hope that I'll be able to play her in higher elo games. CC of course is Kat's worst enemy, and opposing players who really know to reserve their CC until I jump in are a real problem. But if I hang back and let the team fight get under way, normally I can shunpo and bouncing blade my way to an ace. This might be a characteristic of non-ranked play, though.

So with the fact that it will be hard to queue with Kat in solo queue ranked games, could you recommend another AP carry with similar aggressive play style? I probably will still lean towards playing her if possible, but I'd rather the team get a W than me get to play Kat. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Veevos
Fizz

You need the guts to jump into the middle of the enemy team as AP carry on both champions, however, Fizz have the abilities to escape much easier compare to kat.

Duhizy

05-21-2012

thoughts on garen as a top laner, very underrated imo and allows your jungler to be a squishy carry aka twitch, kayle etc and counters some of the current popular melee top laners such as lee sin and jax

ExecutionerK

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
thoughts on garen as a top laner, very underrated imo and allows your jungler to be a squishy carry aka twitch, kayle etc and counters some of the current popular melee top laners such as lee sin and jax
Garen is good against champion that will get shut down by silence.

However, not only he can't counter jax and lee, he also get outscale too hard after laning, making him one of the most underplay champion.Garen is a fine pick. Other than that, he is hard to contribute in teamfight.

Valygar

05-21-2012

How do I know when to build Alistar as a tank or as AP?

I mean like, against which kind of team composition or specific champions. I'm just not sure when is the proper time for either

Earl of Madness

05-21-2012

I am having troubles actually getting better at the game, I have a very hard time carrying a team for instance even though say I play like fizz and I get fed in the mid lane going 10/4/3 by the end of the laning phase and still not being able to pull out a win. My guess is it isn't champ skill but game skill like team coordination, baron, minion, dragon, and map control. What are your tips on:

1. Ganking when you are in a lane, particularly mid lane, but bot and top as well
2. How to control baron and Dragon.
3. What to do after you kill the enemy in your lane (I have a hard time figuring out what to do).
4. How to come back after losing a tower or losing the first team fight
5. How to coordinate a team.

ExecutionerK

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valygar View Post
How do I know when to build Alistar as a tank or as AP?

I mean like, against which kind of team composition or specific champions. I'm just not sure when is the proper time for either
Usually build him tanky (with mostly aura items) and eventually build some AP when it is very late game

AP ali might be really strong early game, but what make Alistar shines is mainly his crowd controls. That is why I prefer to build him tanky during early and mid game before building the AP