Why I wont spend another cent on RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GypsyXKing

05-19-2012

So let me just start off by saying that I've already spent quite a fair amount on RP. The game itself is great, and I don't mind all the money I've spent on it since it's given me so many hours of entertainment. I just hope that some people reading this will relate in some way to my experiences and Riot can read this and maybe we can work something out.

My problem is this: When playing draft/ranked games, more often than not two people will start fighting over a position, whether it be top, mid, jungle, or AD carry (it's usually top in my experience). If you're lucky one of them will give in to the other one and the game will go on as usual but a lot of times one of them will go "i first pick" and take that position and then the other guy will go "NO I TROLL U" and lock in a random champ.

Which brings me to my point. I know Riot's policy is to wait it out for 20 mins and then report the player causing you grief, but honestly, I'm 20 years old there's so many other things I could be doing in those 20 minutes and I'd rather not spend them getting raped in summoner's rift. When I heard that my account could get permabanned, my main account that I spent all that money on, when the only thing I've done wrong is not wanting to waste my time, I decided it just wasn't worth it to buy RP anymore. A shame, because there's so many simple solutions that could greatly improve the draft/ranked experience, and I'll list some right now:

1. No random pick for ranked. If someone doesn't pick a champ after the timer runs out, they are kicked out of the queue.
2. No Elo loss for dodging. Keep the timers as they are.
3. Some kind of votekick system, for example if 4 summoners on the same team agree to kick the guy who says "I TRYND TOP OR I TROLL U" he will be kicked from the queue and they will be queued again in the same team.
These are just suggestions that I stole from other posters around here.
BTW, this next patch is a step in the right direction, keep working at it RIOT!

TL;DR It will take you like 2 minutes tops to read all that don't be lazy.

TheWolfSage

05-19-2012

I agree with everything in this post except maybe the part about the next patch.

slayerdavid

05-20-2012

"2. No Elo loss for dodging. Keep the timers as they are. "
Anything except this. If no elo loss for dodging, there will be numerous numbers of dodgers in ranked games for various reasons. eg: team composition, don't like to support, don't want to play with this guy........

Sam Is Whoa

05-20-2012

Agree with everything. Except can't do no elo for dodge but do less elo for dodge. And the fact that you think you shouldn't be banned for goin Afk in most your games. You should be banned and if you have been banned before then you should be permanent banned. Why even connect take the 10 elo loss and go romp and play around your house. Your just as bad as that troll.

I see that there are ppl who agree with the fact he should strand his team because he's a whiny little girl who can't finish a game that you commit to once you connect. I hope you never buy again and never play again afk'ing on purpose is just as bad as troll. Grow up.

Little Boy Nate

05-20-2012

In the words of Rammus: Ok.

I came here expecting a troll rant and some empty threat about leaving if x champion isn't buffed/nerfed. Try choosing a better title next time because honestly, one customer no longer buying RP does not really affect them.

Davorir Et Tuanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

I like it. I wouldn't mind a longer wait time for dodging ranked games though. Waits are long as hell in normals sometimes because of dodgers.

JitnikoVi

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyXKing View Post
So let me just start off by saying that I've already spent quite a fair amount on RP. The game itself is great, and I don't mind all the money I've spent on it since it's given me so many hours of entertainment. I just hope that some people reading this will relate in some way to my experiences and Riot can read this and maybe we can work something out.

My problem is this: When playing draft/ranked games, more often than not two people will start fighting over a position, whether it be top, mid, jungle, or AD carry (it's usually top in my experience). If you're lucky one of them will give in to the other one and the game will go on as usual but a lot of times one of them will go "i first pick" and take that position and then the other guy will go "NO I TROLL U" and lock in a random champ.

Which brings me to my point. I know Riot's policy is to wait it out for 20 mins and then report the player causing you grief, but honestly, I'm 20 years old there's so many other things I could be doing in those 20 minutes and I'd rather not spend them getting raped in summoner's rift. When I heard that my account could get permabanned, my main account that I spent all that money on, when the only thing I've done wrong is not wanting to waste my time, I decided it just wasn't worth it to buy RP anymore. A shame, because there's so many simple solutions that could greatly improve the draft/ranked experience, and I'll list some right now:

1. No random pick for ranked. If someone doesn't pick a champ after the timer runs out, they are kicked out of the queue.
2. No Elo loss for dodging. Keep the timers as they are.
3. Some kind of votekick system, for example if 4 summoners on the same team agree to kick the guy who says "I TRYND TOP OR I TROLL U" he will be kicked from the queue and they will be queued again in the same team.
These are just suggestions that I stole from other posters around here.
BTW, this next patch is a step in the right direction, keep working at it RIOT!

TL;DR It will take you like 2 minutes tops to read all that don't be lazy.
Surprisingly these are all solid suggestions, i definitely back this up.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

I support it, but I would increase the timers. If you dodge a ranked game, then a big wait time each dodge. This way it's equal to sticking out a (bad) game, but doesn't give people a big drive to dodge.

Otherwise 100% support what is said.

RedSoloCup24

05-21-2012

Agreed. I had a miserable time last night because a Karthus ruined the game. There was a pre made team of 3, then me, and another random. They were pre made, with Brand mid. He called going middle at the very beginning of que, and then halfway through the random locked in as Karthus and got in an argument with Brand, and sat by his tower until Brand left. Players like that should be kicked out in lobby

amerricka

05-21-2012

3. Could be abused SO hard. Four trolls make a party and votekick the fifth everytime.