Renektons Cooldowns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zankuro14

05-17-2012

I think his cool downs should reduce as he levels, It feels like I need to build too much cool down items and even then his cool downs are still really high.

Reducing his cool downs as he levels would open his item builds and allow you to more tailor what u want to do as oppose to feeling trapped into buying the items on his recommended list.

What are your opinions. I have only been playing him recently but it feel like his damage out put drops as the game progresses.

MemoryLapse

05-17-2012

Ive been saying this for a long time. His cooldowns are too high. Take renekton top vs Garen or any other manaless bruiser and youll see what I mean.

Lizardons

05-17-2012

I agree. Renekton's cooldowns are too high for being an ad castor. Because of these really high cooldowns you almost need to have some cd reduction to be useful. His dash for example has a super high cd for what it does honestly.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardons View Post
I agree. Renekton's cooldowns are too high for being an ad castor. Because of these really high cooldowns you almost need to have some cd reduction to be useful. His dash for example has a super high cd for what it does honestly.
Well as an AD caster, CDR should be a natural choice anyway, but I do agree that the cooldowns are too **** high.

Simple P

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardons View Post
That dash is one of the most OP escapes. You have the ability to escape from nearly everything. Worrying about Cooldowns? Add runes to your runepage, or click the mastery. There are plenty of CDR items that scale with renekton for example: Spirit Visage, Ionian Boots, Frozen heart, etc..

The biggest thing i see are people trying to get renekton buffs, but there's nothing wrong with renekton. He's supposed to be in a fight long, not going to AD carry. If you get one-two damage items combined with tank you're nearly unkillable. Test around with builds until it's good for you.

I run 9-21-0 (max defense + armor Pen) with ArmPen Reds, Arm yellow, MR glyphs and MS quints(because i like to be the fastest.

Build usually goes with rushing Blood thirster and building the rest tank. You get a few early kills with BT, and you can just sit in fights with your ult late game. You're a Bruiser, be one.

Yuan Shikai

05-18-2012

All his skills already have reducing cooldowns per level, I woudl say it would not hurt to add that to his Q too, though.

Aikimiller

05-18-2012

renekton's main problem is that he doesn't scale well into late game. he's got a HECK of a lot of punch early game, but falls off- primarily because in a teamfight, you can really only reliably use each of your skills once.

Decreasing his CDs are higher levels would go a long way to helping him out- just the ability to use Q in a teamfight 2x rather than once would pretty significantly increase his contribution to his teamfight. Might even be worth nerfing him at early levels a bit to get it.

B00bMonster

05-18-2012

Ive been playing him a lot lately and he def does need a slight buff, both jax and xin for example both have more hp, attk spd(even with not counting jaxs passive and xins w) and both have more attk dmg at every level than renekton. And both of those champs pack a strong punch early game too. and xin is considered to be UP...

I find renekton more fun to play, but the other 2 champs i mentioned beat renekton in most aspects.

show some renekton love riot

solidfake

05-18-2012

Hey there!

I've added your suggestion to the official Renekton thread in the general section!

chop chop!

zankuro14

05-18-2012

Thanks for the positive support guys, was not sure if i was right about this but feel like i hit the nail on the head now. The only thing i would add is that if his cool-downs where to be reduced as i indicated, his ruthless predator should still have a fairly high cool-down. I think a low cool down on that ability would make him to strong as it is a norm for most abilities that stun to have a relatively long cool-down so that persons don't spam away on them.

With that said lets hope for riot notices our opinions.