Game client won't start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malefic Vision

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
This has been in the stickys for more than half a year :P
I believe you, I mean you would have no reason to lie, but god **** it must be hard to find. I looked for a loooooooooooong time and didn't find anything close to this..

Pactee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Found a much faster and quicker(i.e. no redownload) fix. I deleted this file:

%programfiles%\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.141\deploy\Adobe AIR\sentinel"

1k file. Client loads fine now and no constant restarting of rads_user_kernel.exe

64bit Windows 7 16GB Ram Bootcamped Macbook Pro

Malefic Vision

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pactee View Post
Found a much faster and quicker(i.e. no redownload) fix. I deleted this file:

%programfiles%\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.141\deploy\Adobe AIR\sentinel"

1k file. Client loads fine now and no constant restarting of rads_user_kernel.exe

64bit Windows 7 16GB Ram Bootcamped Macbook Pro
yeah this didnt work for me.

WolfDenizen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmm View Post
i cant find these folders
Then you cannot find League of Legends, ( o.O)
But seriously if your computer has a somehow defaulted to installing LoL into say, your program files directory, perhaps just do a system search for the folder named "Riot Games" then just follow the path laid out in the directory he provided, starting from /Riot Games/.

shiez

07-09-2012

didnt work for me....i've already done it a few times

MrBinklesworth

07-11-2012

Thank you soooo much!

Zetsumi16

07-15-2012

The problem came up for me after system restoring. I found out that I restored to a time before my most recent patch, which resulted in me having two different patch folders at the same time. The game can't load two different patch states at once obviously, so it just freezes up.

All you have to do is go to "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases" where you'll find a folder for the most recent patch. You can delete the one with the earliest patch number (you'll have to reinstall the latest patch if you delete the wrong one but it will still work) and then the game will start normally.

Depending on your Operating System, the riot games folder may be in your program files

Malefic Vision

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumi16 View Post
The problem came up for me after system restoring. I found out that I restored to a time before my most recent patch, which resulted in me having two different patch folders at the same time. The game can't load two different patch states at once obviously, so it just freezes up.

All you have to do is go to "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases" where you'll find a folder for the most recent patch. You can delete the one with the earliest patch number (you'll have to reinstall the latest patch if you delete the wrong one but it will still work) and then the game will start normally.

Depending on your Operating System, the riot games folder may be in your program files
My problem happens when I system restore as well, but this doesn't fix it for me. I have to delete all the files as previously listed in this thread for it to work.

Happywaffles

07-23-2012

Same. Where do you find the download folders?

MuAAzee Is CraZy

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnRedBaron View Post
Dear Greencronik,

You my, friend, are my idol. Hours. hours I spent searching, reinstalling, doing all these supposed "fixes" I've been finding, and all I successfully did was use up5gs of downloads. This actually works, I couldn't actually believe it until I went and Wukong face-rolled just now.

Im going to sing your name in the shower
im going to name my kids after you (all of them)
im going to pick my lottery tickets based on the numbers your name would be on cellphone

cheers bro !
Plzzz can you explain in some simple words...i do not understand what is up5gs