Mia Calls?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Robster View Post
You would think if they can look at the chat they would be able to look at the map.

Actual conversation in game:

Teammate: You should be calling mia.
Me: You should be checking the map.
Teammate: I can't when I'm fighting the other team.
Me: So you're able to read the chat but you can't glance at the map?
Teammate: Yes.

This made me facepalm.
The logic people use sometimes is hilarious. I once had a guy in a ranked game tell me I should have recalled to base to call mia because I couldn't do it while trying to last hit under tower.

KnightxSScarlett

05-13-2012

I spare pings as mias. If my team can't see that my pings say, "They're coming up the river to get you" then they don't deserve to cry. Especially in ranked. Sadly, there are many people in ranked that don't deserve to cry.

HonorableGeneral

05-13-2012

MIAs are a courtesy. Wards are not.

If you don't call MIAs and someone dies, that's not your problem. They should've been checking the map. If, however, you don't ward after someone asks you to (doesn't even have to be jungler, could be bot or solo top) and someone dies because of it, that's on you. Wards are a necessity, not calling to your teammates what they can see on their minimap.

KnightxSScarlett

05-14-2012

Well people still pull that BS about only the jungle/support warding too. "I'm an AD carry, I can't spare 150g for 2 wards because that's the support's job". Get over yourselves. If you want to win your games, everyone can spare gold for wards to keep your lanes and jungle safe.

Slashinghardest

05-14-2012

If you don't wanna call mia then don't. I personally couldn't care less. I call mia for all the lanes because I would prefer someone not **** up and die because there was no mia and if my team decides to call mia themselves good for them now I don't have to do it and now if somronr still ****s up and dies he can't *****

Slashinghardest

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Well people still pull that BS about only the jungle/support warding too. "I'm an AD carry, I can't spare 150g for 2 wards because that's the support's job". Get over yourselves. If you want to win your games, everyone can spare gold for wards to keep your lanes and jungle safe.
I tell support to ward when we aren't well built. If you do bad in laning it's best support be set back in their build then a carry. Don't like providing vision don't play support because that is pretty well all I ask of a support.

KnightxSScarlett

05-14-2012

And all I ask is that my AD carry do well. But I suppose if you aren't "well-built" then you're not doing your job. You're getting all the farm, you can spare the gold. You're not being set back much. Here are some numbers for you

Suppose your support buys 3x as many wards as you. Over the course of a 45 minute game, let's say 15 minutes is laning phase. Your support buys 6 wards, you buy 2.

Support Spent - 450
You Spent - 150

For the next 30 minutes, your support wards baron and dragon AND has oracle's. You decide to ward a bush here and there in the jungle. So your support bought 20+ wards and oracle's. You must've bought 6

Support Spent = 2350 gold + 75x (x being the difference between the number of wards bought and 20)
You spent - 600 gold

Then you have to consider the enemy team not buying wards, thus affording you easy kills.

This is not counting rebuying of wards/oracle's because your support gets focused every teamfight. Now you're getting all of the kills, and all of the farm. Are you honestly telling me that you can't spare 600 gold over the course of an entire game to keep your team ahead? You are the reason you lose games.

Emeraldw

05-14-2012

MIA's are sometimes good. But I prefer to ping if I suspect them to be ganking. They notice that. I also ping when I notice a gank if they don't see it and I do.

Wards are everyone's job. Everyone on the team should be buying wards when they can. I am not perfect about it, I know that. But everyone should be getting vision down. Games are lost all the time due to someone going alone into their own jungle and finding 5 dudes with red health bars in a bush.

edit: Sometimes I wish I could know ahead of time if my support will be full time warding or not, if not, I would rather support. The power of wards cannot be underestimated. Same can be said with good communication.

Noctis XV

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMAAC View Post
I personally think calling Mia's pretty important. Knowing where all the other enemies are makes me a lot more comfortable when I'm pushing or laning
How about knowing where they are, without relying on the input of another player? (in which case most people do not respond even if it was called.)

Sam Is Whoa

05-14-2012

Mias should be called, BUT, not calling a mia does not mean your responsible for their death. It takes 7 sec to run from top to mid and bot to mid, you should be able to see a missing person on your mini map and you shouldnt be constantly pushed if theres a jungler roaming anyway.

Its your fault you dont have map awareness but a mia call is good team play and common courtesy.

Exception to the rule: twitch/eve these champs after lvl 3 are considered to MIA AT ALL TIMES. your fault if you get caught by them not the non mia call.