[Champ Suggestion] Faust, the Merchant of Death

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

05-11-2012

Alright, I made Mephistopheles killable, but he's gonna be TOUGH to take out. I'm wanting it so that your target shouldn't be Mephy at all, but Faust. Also, I added in the Ult's description that Mephy is visibly tethered to Faust's shadow (this meaning that even a novice could be able to see the shadow line connecting Faust and Mephy, thus being able to trace it back to the champion so they can find him and kill him).

I exchanged the unkillable trait with a passive increase to Mephy's armor and magic resist based on the amount of time he remains active, with the max being 10 seconds. Also changed Mephy's base attack damage by 50, but made the increase for each subsequent rank in the Ult as 75. I gave Mephy his own stats (minus health regen, mana regen, and spell block which he has none of as well as move speed which doesn't change with boots items). Overall, Mephy's only leveling capabilities are in AP (which is the same as whatever Faust gets), physical damage (already mentioned before), certain resistances (already mentioned) and of course he has a limit to how far he can move away from Faust (which isn't even as far as the range of TF's wild cards).

Also, "Merchant of Death" was a moniker given to Faust due to how dangerous his wares can be (his actual profession is selling illegally acquired items, even those that can curse or otherwise kill the customer). Also, he's a merchant by trade - acquiring, selling, or even trading various curiosities.

Gjom

05-11-2012

The kit is good, but the damage is far too absurd for the cost/cooldown. (For all your skills) You either need to reduced the damage/percentages/scaling or raise the cost/cooldowns. They are far too over powered.

Secondly, the W makes little to no sense. From what I read.. If cast on an enemy, the ENEMY gets increased Magic Resist..? And then your allies get reduced attack damage? You might want to reword it.
Also.. That heal is far too over powered if you cast it on yourself. Soraka doesn't even have that great a heal. Soraka's max heal (excluding her ability power ratio) is 350 when at max level.
You need to drop that drastically for that to even be thought of being "fair".

Other then that.. I really don't have any other complaints.
Give it a rework to make it more balanced, and you can consider my thumbs up to be yours.

- - -
Would you mind checking out my champion concepts?
The feedback would be very much appreciated.
Padlock = http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2111576
Ghraath = http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1973834

Script Lord

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
The kit is good, but the damage is far too absurd for the cost/cooldown. (For all your skills) You either need to reduced the damage/percentages/scaling or raise the cost/cooldowns. They are far too over powered.

Secondly, the W makes little to no sense. From what I read.. If cast on an enemy, the ENEMY gets increased Magic Resist..? And then your allies get reduced attack damage? You might want to reword it.
Also.. That heal is far too over powered if you cast it on yourself. Soraka doesn't even have that great a heal. Soraka's max heal (excluding her ability power ratio) is 350 when at max level.
You need to drop that drastically for that to even be thought of being "fair".

Other then that.. I really don't have any other complaints.
Give it a rework to make it more balanced, and you can consider my thumbs up to be yours.

- - -
Would you mind checking out my champion concepts?
The feedback would be very much appreciated.
Ghraath = http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1973834
How badly are they overpowered? If the ratios/percentages are truly too high, what do you think would be more reasonable? I'm not the best judge when it comes to numbers working in a game like this, but I'll follow whatever advisory you have for me.

Also, the [W] raises Magic Resist for allies, reduces damage output for enemies, and increases armor for himself.

I fixed the heal. It only heals a rather small percentage of health (and it's fair, too, as he could heal up around 40 health at Level 1, given the ranges of health).

Deleven

05-12-2012

I like the changes to the ult, have a few more questions.

are cooldowns shared between faust and his summon, like if the summon uses Q, can you switch to faust and immediately use Q again?

when not controlling the summon, is the summon targetable?
does the summon act like a minion when not being controlled?
does the summon's abilities cost mana?

what are the AP ratios on the abilities?

Gjom

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
How badly are they overpowered? If the ratios/percentages are truly too high, what do you think would be more reasonable? I'm not the best judge when it comes to numbers working in a game like this, but I'll follow whatever advisory you have for me.

Also, the [W] raises Magic Resist for allies, reduces damage output for enemies, and increases armor for himself.

I fixed the heal. It only heals a rather small percentage of health (and it's fair, too, as he could heal up around 40 health at Level 1, given the ranges of health).
If you want a good tip to making most abilities fair, or more balanced. Look into the other champions (via LoLWiki, or even the LoL Champion info on this site) and take a similar skill/stat and toy around with the numbers.

If you take Padlock here for example.. (Go and look at it)
Someone had commented that my base stats were too high, but with calculations, he's actually got LESS health than Warwick. :P

I'm getting a tad off topic, but a good idea would be to rationalize the numbers with similar champions in the League.

Good luck Summoner.

Script Lord

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper11 View Post
I like the changes to the ult, have a few more questions.

are cooldowns shared between faust and his summon, like if the summon uses Q, can you switch to faust and immediately use Q again?

when not controlling the summon, is the summon targetable?
does the summon act like a minion when not being controlled?
does the summon's abilities cost mana?

what are the AP ratios on the abilities?
In order:

Yes, they are shared (so if Faust uses an ability, then the player takes control of Mephistopheles, that same ability is unavailable to Mephistopheles until the cooldown is over).

Yes, summon can be targeted when not controlled.
The summon will just auto-attack the nearest enemy when not directly controlled
Yes, the summon uses the same amount of mana as Faust himself (it's his, Mephisto doesn't have any of his own mana to use)

Erm, what do you mean by AP ratios?

Script Lord

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
If you want a good tip to making most abilities fair, or more balanced. Look into the other champions (via LoLWiki, or even the LoL Champion info on this site) and take a similar skill/stat and toy around with the numbers.

If you take Padlock here for example.. (Go and look at it)
Someone had commented that my base stats were too high, but with calculations, he's actually got LESS health than Warwick. :P

I'm getting a tad off topic, but a good idea would be to rationalize the numbers with similar champions in the League.

Good luck Summoner.
Well I was feeling a bit lazy at this time, so I just reduced the numbers a tad (lower percentages, some reduced damage output). Better?

Deleven

05-12-2012

for an example of ap ratios, i took a sniplit of ahris ability

Ahri sends out her orb, dealing 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.33) magic damage, and pulls it back dealing 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.33) True damage.

the (+0.33) here is the ap ratio, meaning that 33% of your ability power is changed into damage

Script Lord

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper11 View Post
for an example of ap ratios, i took a sniplit of ahris ability

Ahri sends out her orb, dealing 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.33) magic damage, and pulls it back dealing 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.33) True damage.

the (+0.33) here is the ap ratio, meaning that 33% of your ability power is changed into damage
Ohh, so that's how it works. Hmm, well I'm much better at conceptualizing and imagery than actual numbers, but in this case....

Would that work? (I added them in where applicable, and I really did not notice those numbers when reading up on some of the champs' profiles)

warriorfizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

FANTASIC IDEA!!!
just look at his stats again and ur all good. his damage stats are super op, all he needs is a warmogs and an ap build and hes alrdy a hybrid. he needs a nerf, then riot might put him in!

Faust's Stats
Type: Melee, mage, pusher
Attack range: 150
Attack speed: 0.375 (+0.225 per level)
Attack damage: 42.95 (+6 per level)
Health: 405 (+45 per level)
Mana: 320 (+40 per level)
Move speed: 315
Armor: 15.5 (+1.5 per level)
Spell block: 30 (+1.25 per level)
Health regen: 6.6 (+0.66 per level)
Mana regen: 7.3 (+2.1 per level)

SCALING:
Lower mana regen, AD and attack speed, raise hp. Seeing as he isnt a tank kill the magic resist scaling.
Genius concept tho. Great imagination is at work there

try this

Faust's Stats
Type: Melee, mage, pusher
Attack range: 150
Attack speed: 0.475 (+2.225% per level)
Attack damage: 44 (+2.8 per level)
Health: 400 (70 per level)
Mana: 320 (+40 per level)
Move speed: 315
Armor: 15.5 (+1.5 per level)
Spell block: 30