[Suggestion] wards get their own item slot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

Everyone is expected to buy wards in a competitive game. Currently in mid to late game this means they have to either sacrifice an item slot for wards or just give up the map awareness that wards give.

Therefore I propose that a 7th item slot be put in that contains only sight wards.

Tahald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

not sure it would work because that way i can get 4 gp10+ boots + ward and 1 item wich is actually too much if you want al the gp10 item you need to sacrifiece at least 1 item to get the gold maybe the most we could ask it an "extra bag" wich would cost 1000-1500gold wich can hold. ward this way you are wasting some gold ti have more item allowing you to have ward late game.

As i heard, actually it a choice we have to do betwenne having map awareness( wich can allow to kill someone alone) or being stronger in team fight.But personnaly i would like to have a way to have ward+ 6 item for the late game.

if theyallow us to have a slot for ward the Extra bag would bee good because no one would have 6 item+ward during mid game.But actually we fine with our ward systeme because it really helpfull to have ward and extra slot for ward would only help support their build is complete (after 50min for a cheap build).

Vuther

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahald View Post
As i heard, actually it a choice we have to do betwenne having map awareness( wich can allow to kill someone alone) or being stronger in team fight.
That is precisely the reason why and I see no reason to change it.

tiburon5

05-11-2012

i kinda of agree that there needs to be a way to use wards even if you have a full build. i see this a lot in the featured games: they start with having great map awareness and this transfers to mid/the start of late game. but as soon as everyone has pretty much all of their inventory used up, there's no more wards around.

i propose something like what HoN has, a stash that you can place items into and pull out later from the shop. this would allow for warding later without sacrificing an item slot. if you're warding you could be caught 1 item short or you might get into a team fight spontaneously and be one item short. this would still give the decision of "wards>items?" without making people sacrifice a full build for planned team fights.

Mastergamer2k5

05-11-2012

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Riot doesn't want this because they want you to make the choice between map awareness or more power. Besides, your support is the only person that needs to have wards late-game.

Devastator Jones

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
Everyone is expected to buy wards in a competitive game. Currently in mid to late game this means they have to either sacrifice an item slot for wards or just give up the map awareness that wards give.

Therefore I propose that a 7th item slot be put in that contains only sight wards.
100% Agree. This would be a quality of life improvement for sure.

DarkenDragon

05-13-2012

Welcome to the beating a dead horse club.

there has been litertally dozens of threads that have posted about this.

Daidark

06-17-2012

I don't see how this is a bad idea nor how the decision between strength and map control is fair. Map control is something you tactically fight for against the other team. It shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you have a completed build.

If a team plays well consistently to be able to have a full build before the other team, they shouldn't be penalized with no map control completely. That's basically favoring the weaker team and giving them an advantage for being behind. If they want map control (which basically means baron/dragon control), they should have to fight for it and not have it handed to them.

Being an AD/AP carry with a full build trying to get red/blue without the area warded would mean being susceptible to an ambush. Again, not really fair that having a full build means having to face-check to get a buff in preparation of a team fight, and in a game about efficiency among other things, having to bring the entire team along for one person to get a buff doesn't seem very efficient at all.

If anyone would like to explain this thought process that Riot has about picking between power or map control like earlier posts have said, I'd gladly listen to them.

kwikluck

06-17-2012

I have no problem with the choice. I would like the ability to carry more ... like up to 10.

Side note, immeadiate consumable items should be able to be bought at store and used ATM of purchase, even if you have full build. IE: Oracles. You risk loosing the time of usefulness, but not the slot required.I think that would be a good change.

Shigoshi

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikluck View Post
I have no problem with the choice. I would like the ability to carry more ... like up to 10.

Side note, immeadiate consumable items should be able to be bought at store and used ATM of purchase, even if you have full build. IE: Oracles. You risk loosing the time of usefulness, but not the slot required.I think that would be a good change.
Already in the game.

Yea, we need a ward slot. 'Oh hey, you completed your build now you can't help with map awareness' wait what?

So effectively we have actually 5 slots OR we can have the 6th but be unable to be map aware. Not sure but if my champion can haul around two huge swords, wear 2 vests, boots, a bow, their standard stuff they already have, chug down potions while on the run even when fully loaded, move FASTER with all this on them and being able to cast spells on top of that I think they could carry at least one ward somewhere.