Game client won't start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damnedman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

After some issues with my computer, I did a system restore and everything works fine except LoL game client won't start. The launcher is working, but when I hit play, nothing happens. I tried reinstalling but it didn't work.

Greencronik

05-10-2012

Bump, same thing.

Malefic Vision

05-10-2012

Double-bump, same issue earlier today
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2110617

Greencronik

05-10-2012

FOUND SOLUTION!
"Game Won't Start After I Hit Play

1. Try running as an admin by right clicking on the executable and selecting "Run As" and "Administrator"

2a. Delete everything inside the your RADS downloads folder (Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads) AND
2b. Delete everything inside your RADS solutions folder ( Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions)
2c. Restart your computer and repatch

3a. Delete the lol_air_client folder in your RADS projects folder (Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) AND
3b. Delete the lol_air_client_config_na folder in your RADS projects folder.
3c. Restart your computer and repatch

4. Try Reinstalling "
taken from http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1538750

I did steps one to 3c and it works now.

Malefic Vision

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencronik View Post
FOUND SOLUTION!

1. Try running as an admin by right clicking on the executable and selecting "Run As" and "Administrator"

2a. Delete everything inside the your RADS downloads folder (Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads) AND
2b. Delete everything inside your RADS solutions folder ( Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions)

3a. Delete the lol_air_client folder in your RADS projects folder (Default Path is, C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) AND

4. Try Reinstalling "

Dear Greencronik,

You my, friend, are my idol. Hours. hours I spent searching, reinstalling, doing all these supposed "fixes" I've been finding, and all I successfully did was use up5gs of downloads. This actually works, I couldn't actually believe it until I went and Wukong face-rolled just now.

Im going to sing your name in the shower
im going to name my kids after you (all of them)
im going to pick my lottery tickets based on the numbers your name would be on cellphone

cheers bro !

Durflol

05-11-2012

I hope a red sees this and stickies it up somewhere so people can find this. Worked for me too just now, made it back to the game in time to win. If it weren't for that I probably would have lost and been reported for afking.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-11-2012

This has been in the stickys for more than half a year :P

ShammahSonofAgee

05-12-2012

Redbaron's method worked for me!

ShammahSonofAgee

05-12-2012

Redbarons method as seen above worked really well, however I deleted all the files at once and then patched

Autzen Duck

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencronik View Post
FOUND SOLUTION!

4. Try Reinstalling "

i cant find these folders