Very High burst AP champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0rq

05-07-2012

Can you guys name some? I mean Brand from this free week seems like it but annie seems to have more dmg from her spells. Only good thing about brand is the decent harass and the ability to mass damage a whole team or if 2+ members of a team are together.

And don't say veigar as he only seems like a counter to other AP champs.

Not to say that brand is bad he does great dmg and his dot makes for a great harass early, I was just wondering if there might be others I might look out for before I buy him.

Best Heim EU

05-07-2012

Well actually veigar can burst anyone, just farm up with his q early game and get a lot of ap. If u dont like him though Leblanc has crazy burst.

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Veigar has the highest burst in the game. Mainly because he's the only ap champion who has no ap ceiling. And his burst hits pretty hard.

Cfattie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Veigar has the highest burst in the game, both theoretically and in practice.

By 40 minutes in an average game, as Veigar you will have about 600~700 AP, and your Q will do about ~650, your W will do ~1000, and your R will do ~1200 (+80% of target's AP). Assuming you attack their AD carry (let's just say she has 50 MR, 50% resistance), and you have sorcerer's shoes (now 30 MR), you will do (.7)2850 = 1995 damage.

My calculations are off, because by then I know for sure you can instakill pretty much any of the squishier champs. Your combo does much more than 2000 damage.

He does more damage to AP champs, but remember that usually half their team is AP.

EDIT: I remember now, Deathfire Grasp is also part of your combo. With 600 AP it will inflict magic damage equal to 30%(+3.5% per 100 AP) current health which is 30% + 21% = 51% magic damage. Again, assuming 50-20 = 30 Magic Resist, that will give you 51(.7) = 35.7% current health, and assuming about 2100 HP, that is an extra 750 magic damage. 2750 damage burst to AD carry after calculations.

S0rq

05-07-2012

I guess I'm buying veigar

EDIT: well not buying im gonna wait for a free week b4 i decide to buy. So any other honorable mentions?

Shadow Master

05-07-2012

From all the AP champions I've faced off against, Annie has always had the most insanely ludicrous ability damage. It's fortunate that her ultimate is a minion summon, or else she'd probably be able to take down tanks in one hit with an AP burst ult.

S0rq

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligan View Post
From all the AP champions I've faced off against, Annie has always had the most insanely ludicrous ability damage. It's fortunate that her ultimate is a minion summon, or else she'd probably be able to take down tanks in one hit with an AP burst ult.
What are you talking about? her ult does do dmg, more often than not it will take out over 70% of your hp unless ur a tank and it also give a small aoe stun with her passive

Shadow Master

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rq View Post
What are you talking about? her ult does do dmg, more often than not it will take out over 70% of your hp unless ur a tank and it also give a small aoe stun with her passive
Now think of how much damage it would have to do to compensate if it didn't summon anything and was a pure damage ability.

Sara Leah

05-07-2012

Leave My Tibbers Alone.. he can tank tower till minons get there keeping my little Annie safe, as well as a well timed drop to steal baron & stun 2+ players and deal dot so a teammate can escape.

Best Luck Always =)

Quote:
Panzerfaust .... 4) 'Kill stealing' is only something inexperienced players (or selfish players) worry about. It's the same as the player who only plays a single role then gets mad when they don't have a tank or support.

Tjlep

05-08-2012

If you like Brand play him for the rest of the week and try the new AP carry next week. If you miss Brand consider picking him up. Burst damage isn't the only factor in winning a lane or helping with team fights. Some of the highest burst champions are some of the hardest to play either due to hard to land combos or predictable play style.