Henrik - The Mad Puppeteer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MontyReinhardt

05-04-2012

Quote:
Concept
So basically, the concept started out as a cross between Mordekaiser and Annie, but it definitely has changed greatly. The concept of this is character is a character who has heavy crowd control, but can still be a threat and do damage and be a decent AP Mid/Support. I was thinking of many ideas when I came across the Yu-Gi-Oh card (Yeah i know) "The Mysterious Puppeteer". I sat there thinking to myself, puppeteer? That'd be interesting. So formed my idea of Henrik. As I was looking around I thought many characters that had interesting abilities, such as Orianna's ball, which she could throw out and buff, do damage, yada yada yada, and skarners ultimate in which he pulls the enemy with him. I felt like I wanted to do a combination of both. I based the rest of the character pretty much on my own ideas.
Name: Henrik - The Mad Puppeteer
Lore:
Part 1

-"My lovely Elanor. We shall conquer them all. Murder them. Into the Abyss they will fall." - Henrik talking to his puppet.

Quotes:
Upon Selection:
Are you ready to put on a show summoner?

Moving:
The show must go on.
(Laughter)
A change of scenery.
To the next scene.
Up and down left and right we go.
Over here? Or over there?
Come Elanor! We go!

Attacking:
And too the next act!
Here comes the climax!
Don't forget your lines!
Time to fight the protagonist Elanor!
Rising action? Or falling action? I don't know.

Taunt:
Do you want to be my puppet?

Joke:
They say insanity is just another door into the human mind.
- I say that it's completely natural.

Stats:
Health: 420 (55 per level) 1355 (Lvl18)
Health Regen: 0.8 (0.8 per level) 14.4 (Lvl18)
Mana: 450 (68 per level) 2312 (Lvl18)
Mana Regen: 2 (1 per level) 19 (Lvl18)
Attack Damage: 60 (4 per level) 128 (Lvl18)
Attack Speed: .565
Ability Power:
Armor: 5 (2.5 per level) 47.5 (Lvl18)
Magic Resistance: 10 (4 per level) 73 (Lvl18)
Range: 420
Movement Speed: 315

Abilities:
Passive:
Name: Breath-taking Encore
Effect: After using an ability, his next ability causes an enemy to flee in fear for 1.5 seconds. Cannot fear the same champion for 10 seconds.
Why: A good suggestions from BSMaster and it fits the character. Adds more to his utility as a champion.

Q:
Name: Elanor: Leech
Effect: Henrik throws Elanor onto a nearby enemy champion, causing 25/40/55/70/85 (+0.5AP) damage per second that Elanor is attached to that champion. That champion's movement speed is lowered by 3/5/8/10/12% for three seconds or until Elanor is detached. Henrik is healed for 70% of the damage. Elanor can be called back at anytime during this skill, which leaves puppet strings in her place until the time is up. If she is called back, the magic damage is decreased by 50% and the slow is stopped. The duration is 5 seconds.
Animation: Henrik throws Elanor and some puppet strings at the enemy when she latches on. She squeezes her victim and green energy is shown traveling the puppet strings. If called back, Elanor pops off and runs to Henrik's side, but the strings stay attached until the duration is over.
Cooldown: 10/10/10/10/10
Cost: 40/60/80/100/120
Range: 550 at original cast; 975 after cast
Quote: "Sweet nectar of life..."
Why: I thought of a decent way to do some damage and harassment as well as provide some sustain in the middle lane. I was going make the slow last all ten seconds, but I felt like that was just too much, so I dropped it to half of the duration. I also added the fact that it can be used in conjunction with his w and r, because having only one skill used at once is pretty bad.

W:
Name: Elanor: Shadow Walk
Effect: (On enemy Champion) Slows enemy champion movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% and deals 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.3 AP) for each second attached. Elanor is attached for a maximum of 5 seconds. If Elanor is attached for a full 3 seconds, the enemy champion is snared for 2 more seconds. When called back before the snare, the magic damage stops, but the slow remains.
(On allied Champion) Increases allied champion's movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% and adds an additional 10/15/20/25/30 (+0.65 AP) magic damage per strike by allied champion. If an enemy is killed by the ally, it counts as an assist for Henrik.
Animation: Elanor rushes out at high speed grabbing onto the enemies legs. When she is attached for six seconds puppet strings rush out and snare the enemy champion.
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16
Cost: 50/75/100/125/150
Range: 550 Original cast; 750 after cast
Quote: (Enemy) "It's a show stopper!" (Allied) "Care, Elanor bites."
Why: Well any good crowd control character needs a "rooting mechanism" as well as a slow. So I decided on Shadow Walk, which does damage, slows, and has a snare. I set it up so that it wasn't that too overpowered yet had great utility. And I was thinking about how he could be doubled as a support, so I was thinking something that has to do with a speed buff because it's the opposite of the slow. The magic damage is a lot like Pix and Lulu, which was the main inspiration for the support part of Henrik.

E:
Name: Elanor: Lovely Angel
Effect: (Passive): As long as Elanor is attached to Henrik he gains 10/15/20/25/30 Magic Resist and Armor.
(Active): He can attach Elanor to an allied champion giving them the same buff for up to 10 seconds or until Elanor is called back. If Elanor is called back, it doubles the effect for 1.5 seconds.
Animation: Henrik throws Elanor onto a nearby ally as Elanor jumps on their back.
Cooldown: 20/20/20/20/20
Cost: 50/65/80/95/110
Range: 550
Quote: "Elanor sends her love."
Why: Like Orianna's ball, I felt like he needed "pet". However, unlike Orianna, I really saw it as a pet, and that it would stay with him. So I thought as long as it stayed with him it should help him out instead of doing absolutely nothing and if he sent it out it would do the same thing.

R:
Name: Elanor: Corruption
Effect: When cast, it lowers enemy movement speed by 15/30/50% and deals 50/85/120 (+0.8 AP) magic damage for each second for 3 seconds. During those seconds Henrik is channeling. If the enemy has not moved out of range after three seconds, the enemy champion comes under Henrik's control for 3 seconds and deals 30/50/70 (+0.8 AP) magic damage per second attached. During the time in control of the enemy champion, he can have the enemy attack it's allies using only basic attacks.
Animation: Elanor rushes out covered in black aura as she latches onto the enemies chest. Henrik throws his arms out wide as puppet strings fly from his fingers. As the channeling is complete, the puppet strings wrap around the enemy's limbs.
Cooldown: 250/250/250
Cost: 200/220/240
Range: 600; 1000 during channel
Quote: On Cast:"You're my next puppet!" Successful channel: "You're mine."
Why: I thought of Skarner's and Mordekaiser's ultimate when it came to this one. Pretty self explanatory on this one.

Tips
Playing as Henrik:
While playing mid lane use leech to harass your opponent while you farm. Use a Leech/Shadow Walk combo to help set up the enemy for a gank.

While laning with someone, use Shadow Walk to add some extra damage to your allies base attack. Use Lovely Angel to save your partner from ganks.

Use corruption within a bush instead of out in the open. You should use corruption on the AD Carry for their the best results of the abilities.

Playing against Henrik:
Keep an eye on Henrik when he gets abnormally close to you. He may be trying to set you up for a gank with his slows.

It's best to shut him down early from getting any kills and farm. Best would be to use burst damage against him to make him back off.

Updates:
May 05, 2012
Changed cooldown on his Q. Clarified his W and R. Changed the W and changed the amount healed on the Q. Changed the cooldowns on all of his abilities. Added some damage to q, w, and r. Messed with the AP ratios on his abilities. Added passive. Added animations to abilities.

May 7, 2012
Raised some cooldowns and lowered cc times.

May 9, 2012
Lowered damage output on q and w. Added effects to W and R. Changed channeling time on R.

Quote:
Leave some comments and suggestions down below. Thanks guys.

BSMaster

05-04-2012

Interesting concept for Henrik.
A good passive might be something along the lines of "After using an ability, Henrik's next ability will cause the enemy to be feared for 1 second. Effects cannot happen on same champion within 5 seconds."
Q: This seems like a nice original ability, all I can say is good job. Maybe play around with the heal concept. Also lower the CD, if its meant to be spammed probably put it at 8-10 seconds.
W: Interesting support skill, but you might want to clear up that if your friendly champion kills another champion and the magic damage does the finishing blow, make sure it goes to the champ and not you but only as an assist.
E:An overall buff to oneself or a friendly champ, seems a bit overkill, but it works well for a support role.
R: I like the idea, to be able to control an enemy champion, but you should specify if the enemy team can attack their own teammate during their controlled time? Because if Henrik manages to ult the leading enemy carry, it will become quite gamebreaking.

Also can you review my champion?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2091483

MontyReinhardt

05-04-2012

Thanks for reviewing it so fast o.O

And that would be a pretty interesting passive seeing as he's a little of his rocker and seeped deep in dark magic. Sounds really good.

Thanks for the CD reduction thought. I too was thinking that after I looked it back over. He needs a low CD ability to cause some damage. Thank you.

As for the w, thanks for pointing out that I needed to clarify that. I will that asap.

The E, now that I look at it, it is hilariously overkill. I'm not sure of if I should take out the I should take out 2 of the buffs. Maybe an AD/AP, AR/MR, AD/AR, or AP/MR combo?

For the R, blah! I forgot to put that he can make the enemy attack their allies! thanks for pointing that out. And that was the idea. I was thinking he was a puppet master and if he could take over an enemy, he should be able to make them do whatever he wants.

And Sure I'll review your champ!

Kuyo Shibari

05-04-2012

I agree with BS on the passive, but maybe make it a 2 or 3 second fear.
Q : is it .05 or .05% of the damage? either way its alittle low, why not make it like 5% of the damage, and allow yourself to survive a few sticky situations.
W : W as BS said, i would make sure they understand that you get an assist and you dont KS the whole kill. Also "Elanor is attached for a maximum of 7 seconds. If Elanor is attached for the full 6 seconds" you might wana fix that line.
E : This would work very well for a support champion so if hes ment to be support then very good, but if hes ment to be a harrasser or DPS, i would lower it just abit, it seems abit to powerful for someone that does alot of damage quickly, for example Cassi, who could chase an enemy and kill them within 5 or 6 seconds.
R : Once controlled, do they start attacking their own team members, or just walk around aimlessly like Fiddlesticks fear ? Either one would be acceptable, but you have to take in mind who you control, for example if you take control of teemo, he could poision his whole team. Also specify if once controlled he can use their skills? if so i would take out ulti, and only be able to use 1 of their 3 skills left before the duration of the spell is over.

Overall its a nice idea, i like the pet becuase i love to have pets, or somthing fighting along side me like Annie's tibbers so all in all its a good champion, it could do well i give it a 9/10

Rate my champion here

MontyReinhardt

05-04-2012

Henrik isn't really someone who deals alot of damage really fast, just alot of over time damage. He's more harrasser/support than anything.

Trolosaurus

05-04-2012

Oooh! Very nice champ!

MontyReinhardt

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
Oooh! Very nice champ!
Thank you very much. Any suggestions on how to improve him?

Trolosaurus

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyReinhardt View Post
Thank you very much. Any suggestions on how to improve him?
Well for one, a passive would be nice. And let's see... it doesn't feel like he does enough damage. Also, the mana costs are a bit too high for so little damage.

Leo Tomita

05-04-2012

sweet mother of JESUS!!!
150+half AP per second? dont you think that too much this is a drain life (fiddlestick) with steroids
the sinergy between Q and W looks too strong for my taste...the damages are too high...both skills slowing.....
u could lower the bonus from AP in allies on W as well imagine if you have 400 AP and link that monster AD carry at the end of the game?!?!?! easy win!!!

the mana cost is ok...but the cooldowns looks strong too

good E he could get some armor and magic resist...Eleanor is defending her master

excelent mechanics...but NEVER riot will make a champion with that ability...cause u could walk a enemy champion towards a towert or something..too easy kill

hope i help

MontyReinhardt

05-04-2012

I don't really think that damage is too OP, there are many champs in game that do a **** load of damage that fast. I did change the AP ratios though, as I looked at them I found them slightly too strong, so i did change those. However, about the ult, I must protest, they made skarner. And all you do is ult, ghost and w and you run into your tower and you got yourself a kill. I'm pretty sure they'd make this champion.