Why do people pick Annie over anivia?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

08-11-2010

because annie is better

sweatersDC

08-11-2010

Anivia's stun: easy to dodge
Annie's stun: not so easy to dodge

Annie also gets a pet, which is great for pushing lanes.

Annie is also a better farmer early game.

Anivia's ult is also not burst, it's over-time DPS, which is often ineffective in very short teamfights.

Also people have a pedo-obsession with Annie, whereas there are few bird fetishists playing LoL

Pwnacus Maximus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzung View Post
aoe stun every 5 seconds? i doubt that

i also doubt that
You've obvously never played with or against anivia, at max rank flash frost's cd is like 5 seconds. Seriously. H

Anyways. As far as the difficulty aspect, I don't find anivia particularly hard to play, I got the hang of her halfway through the first game of her and salvaged my score enough to go positive and win the game. Anvia's wall is one of the best skills in the game, IMHO, and is one of the things that I think makes anivia better than Annie. Anivias wall can separate the enemy carry or tank or support and take them out of thefight for upwards of 2 seconds depending on the rank of the wall. 2 seconds out of a teamfight spells certain doom for your team. It lets you catch runners avoid ganks, check bushes, and a plethora of other things I probably haven't discovered yet.

To me anivia's stun is just as reliable as Annie's for the simple fact that it's on a shorter cd and if you don't suck major balls youcan hit with it 98% of the time. Once I get my move 5 boots I don't think I've missed a flash frost in 3+ games.
And anivia's farming starts at level six, whereas Annie has to gt maxed or close to maxing her cone attack. Anivia only needs level 2 ff and lvl 1 ult to clear entire creep waves in seconds so I'd say anivia's farming is superior.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Because we all like to picture Teenage Annie.

NotSoLegendary

08-11-2010

I used Annie when i started out cause she was very easy to play, but now i use Anivia. She has much more use in team fights because she has continuous CC with her ulti and nukes as good as Annie's (or even better if used right).

renticletape

08-11-2010

Anivia doesn't tuck me in at night.

coolmano

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikky View Post
Fire > Ice

Simple pokemon logic my good man.
lies, fire turns ice into water which inturn becomes water>fire

Joyrock

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Cowboy View Post
so many of these threads

if you want to compare annie's aoe stun to anivia's you're a moron, one has small range and moves slow while the other is huge range and instant, which do you think is better?

egg is completely useless besides early game, annie's shield gives her a LOT more survivability than anivia's egg, and you don't need to die to use it. (also the cooldown isnt 5 minutes)

anivia's ultimate does high damage over time but annie's ultimate hits hard as hell and fast as hell, making even people with cleanse fall to her 1-2-3 combo before they know what the hell just happened

annie is better get over it kids
I am going to take the time to explain to you why you're a moron.

First, anivias stun beats annies in cooldorn and range and damage. It can hit from far away in the right circumstances while being a guaranteed hit at closer ranges formassive damage at a 1:1 ratio and can be used very frequenly.

Second, anivias egg provides insane survivability by doubling her effective hp and forcing the opposing team to dedicate that much more time to kill you.

Third, anivias ult isn't high damage until late game, but is an aoe slow that can be done repeatedly and can also support her combo as well as annies does.

Pwnacus Maximus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Lamb View Post
because unless you have measures against it annie can and will unleash all her spells on you and one hit you at level 6
Aniva's HARASSMENT does a fourth of people'ss hp AT LEVEL TWO. and woe to you when she goes in for the kill with flash and ignite or whatever.

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
You've obvously never played with or against anivia, at max rank flash frost's cd is like 5 seconds. Seriously.
i still doubt that

1234567 ... 8