Why do people pick Annie over anivia?

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Extraxi

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikky View Post
Fire > Ice

Simple pokemon logic my good man.
Too bad Fire itself is a very lackluster type, while Ice is a staple on every team because of its usefulness against Dragons.

...say... why doesn't Anivia do double damage to the Dragon? It only makes complete sense!

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2010

aoe stun every 5 seconds? i doubt that

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraxi View Post
Too bad Fire itself is a very lackluster type, while Ice is a staple on every team because of its usefulness against Dragons.

...say... why doesn't Anivia do double damage to the Dragon? It only makes complete sense!
Because Dragon is dragon/fire type, which mitigates Ice advantage.

The Bad Lamb

08-11-2010

because unless you have measures against it annie can and will unleash all her spells on you and one hit you at level 6

Pelter

08-11-2010

I found that Anivia can use her burst more often by only needing a slow to pull off her generally low CD frostbite (**** the damage on that skill).

Whenever I lane against a Annie, it's not NEARLY as bad as laning against a Anivia because:

When annie is ready to throw her BBQ combo, I can tell by looking at her Pyromania stacks (is it 4x? or 5x?) and keep my distance with pokes. I NEVER know when Anivia is ready, it's just HA I dodged your ice ball thingy but then I am in a blizzard where Anivia throws a MASSIVE damage dealing ice spear at me. I never know when it is safe to advance or keep my distance with Anivia.

Oh and I can tower dive a Annie but I can't tower dive a Anivia due to her ****ing egg.

Maikky

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraxi View Post

she should one shot dragon yo

EIometer

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelter View Post
I found that Anivia can use her burst more often by only needing a slow to pull off her generally low CD frostbite (**** the damage on that skill).

Whenever I lane against a Annie, it's not NEARLY as bad as laning against a Anivia because:

When annie is ready to throw her BBQ combo, I can tell by looking at her Pyromania stacks (is it 4x? or 5x?) and keep my distance with pokes. I NEVER know when Anivia is ready, it's just HA I dodged your ice ball thingy but then I am in a blizzard where Anivia throws a MASSIVE damage dealing ice spear at me. I never know when it is safe to advance or keep my distance with Anivia.

Oh and I can tower dive a Annie but I can't tower dive a Anivia due to her ****ing egg.
It's amazing what an early Negatron Cloak does for you in terms of survivability. Annie has an equally damage combo in Flash -> Ult/ignite/QWQ.

The Space Cowboy

08-11-2010

so many of these threads

if you want to compare annie's aoe stun to anivia's you're a moron, one has small range and moves slow while the other is huge range and instant, which do you think is better?

egg is completely useless besides early game, annie's shield gives her a LOT more survivability than anivia's egg, and you don't need to die to use it. (also the cooldown isnt 5 minutes)

anivia's ultimate does high damage over time but annie's ultimate hits hard as hell and fast as hell, making even people with cleanse fall to her 1-2-3 combo before they know what the hell just happened

annie is better get over it kids

Extraxi

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyLeD View Post
It's amazing what an early Negatron Cloak does for you in terms of survivability. Annie has an equally damage combo in Flash -> Ult/ignite/QWQ.
Question. Why is Ignite included in your combo when Anivia can (and should) use it too?

Joyrock

08-11-2010

Annie has less burst than anivia, especially late game where the storm can stay up a lot longer and tear apart squishes.

And Anivia has MUCH more survivability. In addition to the egg, she can escape a lot more regularly than Annie. She has a spammable AOE stun, an AOE slow, and a wall.

For these same reasons, she is more useful to her team than Annie. Rather than occasionally hand them a kill, turn around fights with ease, and regularly save fleeing teammates. Annie cannot do any of this.

123456 ... 8