[Discussion] Kayle

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amarth

10-23-2009

I see a lot of people neglecting the rod of ages. It and the chrysalis are both very good for Kayle. I tend to rush getting a chrysalis right off and it makes me set for mana and hp while i get boots and finally upgrade it to the rod. The rod gives her enough mana to not worry about other mana items, enough hp to be able to take a lot more damage items (though coupled with warmogs she is basically invincible), and some ap to make her skills more deadly. Then zeal, nashor's, anything else you want. I usually build on the situation.

Ruud

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
It super slows stuff with her Q skill gives Hp and Ability power. All adds to her skill set nicely.
Slows don't stack anymore, only the most effective one would work. I would go with Rod of Ages over Rylai's. Also because Catalyst the Protector just rocks.

I'm not an expert on her, not at all, but my idea of a good build with her would be:

Meki Pendant -> Boots of Speed -> Catalyst the Protector -> Berserker's Greaves -> Nashors Tooth -> Rod of Ages

And if it goes on after that go Guinsoo's or Zeal, whatever you got the gold for. Grab the Golem buff whenever you can to max cd reduction (a little bit too much even, but oh well). You could maybe also go with 2 Brutalizer's after that, won't need the golem then anymore.

Apokalupsis

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evernight View Post
I play the balls out of Kayle right now and I build as a supportive tank. I have a very specific early-mid game build that I have tested and tweaked over about 20+ games as Kayle since the recent buff patch.

Skills - Max Q and W first grabbing a single level of E (ranged) at around 4-8 for that extra ranged power. Ult at 6, 11, 16.

Here is my very tested, very thought over, theory-crafted item build in order.
1: Mana Manipulator - because you can heal yourself and this gives great synergy with a mate
2: Meki Pendant - again, you can heal yourself so this really ups your harassment
3: Boots - obvious
4: Farie Charm - more mana regen - because spamming Q takes a ton of mana.
5: Amp. Tome - to make....
6: Fiendish Codex - -CD, Mana regen and the early boost to AP makes reckoning a monster (creep kills, harass, killer - 300+ dmg nuke on a 6 sec CD)
7: Ruby
8: Cloth Armor
9: Heart of Gold - You are not a farmer so having a nice HP item that gives 5gp10 is awesome. I very rarely end up selling it with my item build
10: Boots of choice - Tabi for DPSers, Mercury for magic and snare - Berserkers works too. No need for more speed - your Blessing will give you 420+ speed with lvl 2 boots.
10: Giant belt - to make...
11: Soul Shroud - Great aura for you and team - -CD is amazing on Kayle (27 sec Intervention CD!) and its a great tank item (3000ish HP at this point)
12: Finish Stinger - that is why you bought F. Charm and also to make....
13: Nashtor's tooth - now you COULD make this before Soul Shroud, but I like to be more tanky and Nashtor doesn't give a ton of stats for combining (you could keep Stinger and Codex separate if you want for most of the game)

Also - you are now at max CD! 4.68 sec Reckoning (4 sec duration), 15 sec Fury (10 sec duration) and 27 sec CD on intervention at 16.... oh yeah... hardcore support

Now things get more situational
Personal favorite - Aegis of the Legion - because you are supportive in nature this works really well - it also makes your heal better than simply HP stacking. The dmg is just a treat.
Rylai's scepter - More HP than AoL and wayyyy more dmg than anything else but the slow is kinda "meh" as you only get to use it with Reckoning. The AP is a monster on your heal, nuke and on your Fury dmg. It is also more expensive than Aegis.
Warmog's - Welcome to 4000+ Hp - you are pretty much unkillable with any of these items, but this one makes you a juggernaut - problem is that it does nothing else and doesnt support. But boy can you soak dmg.

Other items to consider - Sheen (because you spam spells), Malady or Wit's End (to improve your Fury attack speed and dmg. Phage make you ever tankier and is rather useful. Atma's is also good but expensive - better with Rylai and Warmog - very hard to get all that done.

Most games end before I can get the final item unless we did Baron Nashtor or kept up on killing Dragon. As I said - you are not a farmer so money will be a bit of a problem.
I've played Kayle about 10 times or so. Each time...I've sucked...bad. Got boring, died a lot...didn't seem to do much for the team. I've tried the other guides..to the "T"....just didn't work for me.

Yours...was different than any other guide out there. I followed it...and for the first time, Kayle actually worked...and worked well for me. I went from being last in the top 10...to #2.

Your approach works well. Thanks for your tips.

HowlingKommando

10-28-2009

Tank Kayle is not ideal most of the time. The only time you should start getting defensive items is if you're being killed on a regular basis. Primarily because Kayle needs the DPS for farming, pushing towers, and jungling (she can handle Dragon quite handily with some items). Also, always relying on Intervention to tank yourself is not good use of her Ult. Lastly, the small benefits she gets from AP are not worth investing in. Reckoning is for slow, Bless is for speed, Fury is for ranged, and Intervention is for saving. No need for more AP, as your main damage source will be from normals and Fury is not 1:1.

Her Ult is most dangerous in a 5v5 when the team clearly aims one Champ (usually he got stunned or is out of position). Then you throw the ult on him for the save, and now have the advantage because their skills are all on cooldown.

Her pushing potential is very good. The reasoning is that she has a ranged attack (Fury), does solid DPS damage, yet has the durability of a Tank. If an opponent attacks you, you can use Reckoning on them, and Speed boost or Ult on yourself. If you have Ghost or Flash, it's even easier to escape. During a push and the opponents are defending their tower, Kayle is one of the safest heroes to target the tower.

Items
Meki + 2 Health Pots
Philosopher's Stone
Berzerker's Boots
Madred's Bloodrazor
- Stark's Fervor , Aegis of Legion, or something else depending on opponents and allies.

Somnium

10-29-2009

Kayle can be built in just about every way. I've seen her used effectively as a caster, tank, dps or hybrid of any two. However she isn't amazing at any of them. If your team has a Kayle, she's there for support. She can not only do this using her various offensive and defensive skills (all of which are useful), but also by filling whatever roll the team needs.

As for item builds, this one is my personal favorite
Doran's ring, health potion
Chalice(hopefully you can afford this by your first trip back to town)
Sorc shoes
Trinity(In order of Sheen/Phage/Zeal)
Rageblade
Nashor's tooth

Evernight

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalupsis View Post
I've played Kayle about 10 times or so. Each time...I've sucked...bad. Got boring, died a lot...didn't seem to do much for the team. I've tried the other guides..to the "T"....just didn't work for me.

Yours...was different than any other guide out there. I followed it...and for the first time, Kayle actually worked...and worked well for me. I went from being last in the top 10...to #2.

Your approach works well. Thanks for your tips.

Awesome - Good to hear. One thing to note from my guide that I should edit is that you need to complete Stinger BEFORE you buy Soul Shroud - otherwise the combine eats the Charm thanks to a bug *cough* RIOT! *cough*

Another thing I have started and warrants more testing is taking Smite to increase your cash output. Since I dont have flash yet and still don't have fort either - might be a good idea.

Evernight

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
Tank Kayle is not ideal most of the time. The only time you should start getting defensive items is if you're being killed on a regular basis. Primarily because Kayle needs the DPS for farming, pushing towers, and jungling (she can handle Dragon quite handily with some items). Also, always relying on Intervention to tank yourself is not good use of her Ult. Lastly, the small benefits she gets from AP are not worth investing in. Reckoning is for slow, Bless is for speed, Fury is for ranged, and Intervention is for saving. No need for more AP, as your main damage source will be from normals and Fury is not 1:1.

Her Ult is most dangerous in a 5v5 when the team clearly aims one Champ (usually he got stunned or is out of position). Then you throw the ult on him for the save, and now have the advantage because their skills are all on cooldown.

Her pushing potential is very good. The reasoning is that she has a ranged attack (Fury), does solid DPS damage, yet has the durability of a Tank. If an opponent attacks you, you can use Reckoning on them, and Speed boost or Ult on yourself. If you have Ghost or Flash, it's even easier to escape. During a push and the opponents are defending their tower, Kayle is one of the safest heroes to target the tower.

Items
Meki + 2 Health Pots
Philosopher's Stone
Berzerker's Boots
Madred's Bloodrazor
- Stark's Fervor , Aegis of Legion, or something else depending on opponents and allies.

I see where you are going with this build and I guess it would work except that as a DPS/Pusher she is sub par to other heroes in the same role - i.e. Sivir. She is a Support tank - sort of like Taric but more resilient. So while Taric has a stun and better heal - Kayle has a better Ult and some good AP returns on her nuke and Fury.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

Nashor's is great, it lowers your cooldowns, so it's fantastic for perma-slowing with Q and for saving people with R. It also synergizes well with Kayle, whose best attributes are (imo) AP and attack speed.

Guinsoo is also fantastic, as it takes advantage of her attack speed, and buffs up Righteous Fury quite well.

After that, you can go for an Infinity Edge if you think the game will drag on, but it may behoove you to go for more AP instead. It won't boost your Righteous Fury by much, but it will make your Q that much more powerful. Before you make the decision, I recommend you check the enemy heroes, see if they're stacking armor or magic armor, and react accordingly.

Zeal/Phantom Dancer is also quite good.

HeroJr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

i personally go

philosopher stone
bezerkers greaves / ninja tabi depending on team
aegis of legion ( good no matter what team your facing )
soul shroud
nashors tooth

decent dps / tank hybrid build imo

cazoofoo

11-06-2009

i get philoosiphers and maybe chalice (mana and maguic defense) then go for heart of gold for the staring items... i then aim for soul shroud and aegis. ninja tabi is my boots of choice from their on i just get anything tanky mainly sunfire, wardens e.t.c

123456 ... 10