@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeep View Post
They have no desire to give the community what it wants unless it is a guaranteed moneymaker.

Q: When have they ever stepped up to the plate and helped out a small minority of players?

A: NEVER
They finally did a support, and support is never more than 1/5 of the game.

Colorblind mode was mentioned, spectator mode is only for custom players - not really sure where they're going with it, hell jungle rework made them no money and just angered all of SR, but they did it for the health of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
Logic. Data. Analysis. That's what settles arguments.
Makes sense.

Quote:
THAT **** IS NOT ****ING RIGHT AND YOU THINK THAT'S FINE YOU NEED TO **** OFF AND DIE.
Huh.

Quote:
Jesus was an alien anyways and you're not going to "hell" from cursing or hearing/seeing somebody curse.
Hu-uh.

ProSauce VT

03-30-2012

Quote:
Again, not my problem if people can't see my point. Nor do I care about how intelligent people think I may be; I don't need the approval of men.
Wait so you need the approval of women? Someone has mommy issues...

Necro Epidemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

That Dominion thing is still around? just wait for supremacy and play it for 40 games and come back to summoners rift to get trolled the way riot intended.

Skeeep

04-24-2012

R.I.P. DOMINION

Riot turned its back on you.

IronAegis

04-24-2012

I lovded you Dominion..if you ever go away I'm leaving league forevar

KSHarrison

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
The question of ranked in Dominion is bigger than just flipping a switch and turning it on. Our ultimate goal is to create a really solid experience for players, and before we make changes to our services we always evaluate how it will affect our players first. Since a lot can still change with our plans for Dominion, the live design team isn't really comfortable talking about specifics yet.

Our goal with Dominion has always been to create a powerful and engaging game mode that pushes the envelope of the MOBA genre. There are lots of ways to approach that, and we don't want to talk about something you might not actually see in the game. That's never a good experience for you as a player.

That doesn't mean we're sitting still, though; it just means we're keeping our work behind closed doors until it's strong enough to be examined and scrutinized. I appreciate how passionate you guys are and that you took the time to post your concerns in this thread. Sorry for the "no comment," but I hope I've at least given you some insight into how we think about problems and how much we care about our players' experiences in League. (Hell, they put it in my title.)
Thanks Riotmontag for the update. Please just keep us informed when you are able, and some sort of once a week red post here would be awesome, just so we are reminded that reds visit Dominion's forum regularly Thanks!

Conath

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
Thanks Riotmontag for the update. Please just keep us informed when you are able, and some sort of once a week red post here would be awesome, just so we are reminded that reds visit Dominion's forum regularly Thanks!
the irony here is you quoted a month old post

Reebdoog

04-25-2012

If Riot implemented Ranked Dominion, it would be just as popular, if not more, than ranked SR and TT. I bet the reason why they haven't done much with Dom is because of the success they are having with SR, but it's like they never game Dom a chance to grow into what SR is. I have completely abandoned SR for Dom and have enjoyed every minute of it. The only problem I have is without ranked, the people you get grouped with are just horrible. I'll keep playing, but I am hoping they come out with ranked soon so I can actually play real games with people that are playing seriously and with strategy in mind. Oh and maybe people that actually look at their minimaps as well.

GrignardTS

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
I bet the reason why they haven't done much with Dom is because of the success they are having with SR, but it's like they never game Dom a chance to grow into what SR is.
I think they are hesitating because they see no reason to rock the boat.

Their company is expanding by the day. We see new reds post each week. Tons of stories of players being hired.

They owe all this success to SR. They have nearly 100% of their resources there. All the money is there. The tournaments. Everything.

From a business standpoint, there is no reason to break off and even devote a small team to Dominion. They already have success and don't want to loose it.

Can you blame them? They are a new company and exist in a world where thousands of company doors open and close for good every day. They need to hold onto what works or is popular.

Its not that they hate or dislike Dominion. They did make it after all. I'm sure after this season of SR is over and their team decides on goals for the next, that is when we will have our day.

Until then I'll just wait quietly with 0 expectations. Can't be disappointed that way.

Reebdoog

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
I think they are hesitating because they see no reason to rock the boat.

Their company is expanding by the day. We see new reds post each week. Tons of stories of players being hired.

They owe all this success to SR. They have nearly 100% of their resources there. All the money is there. The tournaments. Everything.

From a business standpoint, there is no reason to break off and even devote a small team to Dominion. They already have success and don't want to loose it.

Can you blame them? They are a new company and exist in a world where thousands of company doors open and close for good every day. They need to hold onto what works or is popular.

Its not that they hate or dislike Dominion. They did make it after all. I'm sure after this season of SR is over and their team decides on goals for the next, that is when we will have our day.
Thats what I was saying bro. They have had good success with SR and thats why they have put Dom on the back burner. But my point is that if they devoted the time to Dom that they do SR, it would be even more popular. So to devote a small team to Dom to make it more popular wouldn't do harm, it would only grow their business. And they could do this without taking away resources from SR, thus having two successful game modes.