League of Legends and DotA 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falleth

04-22-2012

Quote:
I think the graphics are absolutely gorgeous.
I would like to remind people, that aesthetics are matter of taste. Personally I don't really fancy DoTA2 graphics - but that's just opinion, worth just as much as anybody's else.

Quote:
I've found the community in DotA 2 to be a lot better
Not for long. F2P is coming. And there were already elitists ******s to begin with.

Quote:
I don't view League as an 'improved' version of DotA. If anything, League is a more simplified version of DotA.
Implying cutting out things that don't improve gameplay is a bad choice.

Palid101

04-22-2012

To begin with - DotA is Eul's piece of art that Guinsoo's took after him and THEN Icefrog made a thing that is now widely known and spread. Eul is actually working with Icefrog at Valve, doing the DotA2.
Stop raging - all the games are different and the most wide spread one is LoL.

Vrouge

04-22-2012

To each their own. My friends and I play LoL for when we are bored and want to have a bit of fun. The same group of friends and I play Dota 2 when we are feeling focused and seek more of a challenge.

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

04-22-2012

people like a game and want other people to agree with that to validate their opinion

like many argument over which mmo is better. check out the d3 threads on the blizzard official forum to see new d3 demo tester whining and long time d3 fanatic going hostile. It's fairly interesting

people get offensive when their preferred game gets trash talk because they want to think their taste is good

sammich kek

04-22-2012

You know what I dont understand....

DOTA 2....

people just running around in lane beside each other CSing with zero interest in killing one another.

Then another hero like enchantress runs up and 100-0s tinker with that looks like auto attacks

that game confuses me so much

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

04-22-2012

enchantress ult is an on-hit auto attack that does nidalee's Q spear damage (with the same mechanic of increase damage the longer it travels)

don't worry about it, the design on that ult tell players to run and then punishes players for it.
New player that don't know what her ult does will naturally move away from her, which generally causes you to take 400-500 damage from a simple poke

Lance Eliot

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
I would like to remind people, that aesthetics are matter of taste. Personally I don't really fancy DoTA2 graphics - but that's just opinion, worth just as much as anybody's else.

Not for long. F2P is coming. And there were already elitists ******s to begin with.

Implying cutting out things that don't improve gameplay is a bad choice.
Implying that cutting out these things was an improvement to gameplay.

IceFrog

04-23-2012

The majority of LoL players haven't played DotA though, or not to the extent to where they understand the game.

They feel LoL has innovated the genre, but really LoL is just another take on it.

IceFrog

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree View Post
enchantress ult is an on-hit auto attack that does nidalee's Q spear damage (with the same mechanic of increase damage the longer it travels)

don't worry about it, the design on that ult tell players to run and then punishes players for it.
New player that don't know what her ult does will naturally move away from her, which generally causes you to take 400-500 damage from a simple poke
The health and damage is totally different, so how could you compare it?

And you imply that Enchantresses ulti is what makes her strong, which is just wrong and shows you don't know enough about the game to form an opinion worth anything about it.

Falleth

04-23-2012

Quote:
Implying that cutting out these things was an improvement to gameplay.
It was.