dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pariahR3B0RN

04-11-2012

never once had a cursor issue

Doctor Flatline

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchedToes View Post
If its the bug that I think it is (cursor turning into ~4 tiny squiggly lines) it has nothing to do with riot, it's a bug with amd, happens in SC2, Crysis, and Anno for me. Seems to be mostly fixed with the most recent amd drivers however (did occur to me yesterday though, fixed by logging out of windows and moving the mouse to the bottom right corner).

There was a thread dating back to I think crysis 1 (2007) with that issue on an amd forum.

Did they ever find a fix for it or a way to fix it? Because I would really like to know since that is what is happening to me.

Dartox

04-16-2012

This bug happened to me a lot today, sometimes the cursor even reappears.

I realllllly hope this gets dealt with soon

DxDiag

Chikinboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Just happened for me seems to me it happens near the bottom left tower every time. I have the file but I am unsure of how to attach it, someone tell me?

Enosense

04-16-2012

In case no one else has made progress with this bug:

The bug appears to be associated with The Refinery's node. Something about it occasionally makes the cursor bug out.

I find that for some odd reason, hovering over an enemy unit and moving the cursor as far to the right side of the screen as possible will remedy this bug.

It's not a permanent fix, but it's definitely something that should be taken into consideration, if it hasn't been already.

Magical Magi

04-18-2012

It's happening to me more often now. Probably once every 3-4 games. Usually on separate days. What's the problem and why can't the riot fix this!?

theTURBOjew

04-18-2012

most recent happened at time of post.

Zavy

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTURBOjew View Post
most recent happened at time of post.
You're on a 32-bit OS with 8GB RAM. You're not getting the benefit of the full 8.

Which you can see here:
Available OS Memory: 3328MB RAM

Eventhough some of the RAM is being shared (with the display)... it's still not using it all.

Your drivers look pretty up to date... are you on a laptop? Or just using a small monitor?

Zavy

04-18-2012

I looked at a number of the DXDiags... is this *only* happening with AMD/ATi cards?

Shangra

04-22-2012

Yes, last patch from ATI/AMD fixed the issue for me. Problem is last RIOT patch has reversed repair and now I am getting the problem again. It is actually worse then before and I am current with graphic driver/patches. Cursor is actually staying vertical dots even after I close down LoL. I have to reboot to repair. Sucks