Simple guide on How to raise Solo Que Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mahyar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

in those terms you are right

Mahyar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Solo que you are suppose to abuse broken champions and not every game you are going to win. Some games you get that 2v5 disadvantage etc. Majority of the games you can win by abusing game mechanics and champions.
Please tell me your definition of Elo Hell.
Is it being stuck in an elo range?
Being with bad people?
etc.

Loosah

04-17-2012

To me Elo hell is the range of Elo that consists mostly of DCers/AFKers/intentional trolls/and a few bad players..

I will explain:

DCers - some people have ****ty internet connection, some cant afford good ones, live too far away from servers, etc. These people tend to disconnect in the majority of their game, resulting in a leave, and a lower Elo.

AFKers - some people cannot play consistently due to parents, jobs, errands, etc. These people tend to start games, then leave then because real life calls (understood of course), resulting in the lowering of Elo. Some people just AFK on purpose to troll, resulting in lower Elo.

Intentional Trolls - Some people enjoy trolling others, this usually results in lowering of Elo after they lose (sometimes they might win)

Bad Players- new players jumping into ranked or generally unskilled players, lose most games, Elo goes down.

After enough of the above people drop in Elo, they are all in the same Elo, that is my definition of "Elo Hell". All the DCers/Leavers/Trolls will end up in lower Elos eventually, resulting in the low Elos (900-1100) to be FILLED with these types of players.

KingKlank

04-17-2012

This is helping a lot, BUT.

Trolls, Trolls everywere

Mahyar

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rept4r View Post
To me Elo hell is the range of Elo that consists mostly of DCers/AFKers/intentional trolls/and a few bad players..

I will explain:

DCers - some people have ****ty internet connection, some cant afford good ones, live too far away from servers, etc. These people tend to disconnect in the majority of their game, resulting in a leave, and a lower Elo.

AFKers - some people cannot play consistently due to parents, jobs, errands, etc. These people tend to start games, then leave then because real life calls (understood of course), resulting in the lowering of Elo. Some people just AFK on purpose to troll, resulting in lower Elo.

Intentional Trolls - Some people enjoy trolling others, this usually results in lowering of Elo after they lose (sometimes they might win)

Bad Players- new players jumping into ranked or generally unskilled players, lose most games, Elo goes down.

After enough of the above people drop in Elo, they are all in the same Elo, that is my definition of "Elo Hell". All the DCers/Leavers/Trolls will end up in lower Elos eventually, resulting in the low Elos (900-1100) to be FILLED with these types of players.
Well there is all of those in higher elo too. I wish they would go away. Bad players are not that bad. They just get outplayed by the other player or they had an off game. Just because a guy in 1100 elo rapes someone that does not mean he is good.
Gold elo is the worse because so many people intentional troll people from losing their platinum elo. They want revenge on the player for making them lose. I sometimes do get afkers because they get outplayed in lane so hard they do not feel like playing. People at higher elos win often but that does not mean they do not experience any of the above you listed.

Mahyar

04-18-2012

bump

NovaStar21

04-18-2012

Stop bumping your own thread. It's really annoying

Best Adc in Asia

06-26-2012

this does help abit

KungPaoChicken

07-28-2012

lol

Lethadind

07-28-2012

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but a few things to add (you said you were gonna do a more complete one later):

-Check your recent 10 games. People tend to remember the game where they went 27-10 over the other nine games where they went 6-15. Take a hard look at your skills, and really try to be honest with yourself as to how good you can carry without relying on your teammates. Sometimes you get fabulous luck and end up laning against someone who is ridiculously poorly skilled, you get fed, and from there it's easy. You remember these games more than you remember that time that Teemo shut you down on top, leading to a feed-fest - you justify these games "I just got countered really bad" "My jungler didn't help." Remember that solo queue is just that - SOLO queue, you gotta be able to solo, you can't rely on your teammates to help you get fed - it's nice when they do but you should never expect it. If you can't reliably do this 80% of the time, you can't expect to solo queue effectively, you may need to do normals for a few weeks, and practice on specifically improving a few key things, or learning a champion a little better.

-Know the ELO you're in. Each ELO range has it's own unique "unspoken" and often unknown meta that everyone instinctively follows. I'm not talking about top bruiser solo, jungle, AP mid, and sup/ADC bot, I'm talking the way they play. Low ELO players tend not to ward the jungle (they only ward the river, if that), you can take enormous advantage of this as the jungler by passing through their jungle for ganks, or by counter-jungling. Setting up your own wards gives you a huge advantage (map awareness is poor for Low ELO as well, but people often see things revealed by wards "by accident." It can't hurt you to place wards, so do it). If you understand the meta of the ELO you're in, you are steps and bounds above your opponents, who are simply playing the meta but not understanding it. Once you understand it you can take advantage of it.

-If you are solo queueing and you are expecting to carry, you should expect it to take work. It's called carrying for a reason, you are picking up most of the slack, which means you need to be the one that's constantly paying attention to the map, reminding people of map objectives, calling out timers for camps and dragon/baron, as well as feeding both yourself and your teammates. When you are carrying you are the mother hen, feed your little chicks.