Soraka Mid Too legit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
This would have never flown a year ago when AD's took middle lane but in the current meta it's pretty beast.
Oh, it did then too. Cait was a tough fight, but I got by.

noobAko

04-17-2012

raka mid is the new kass

ADGarner

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazier View Post
Oh, it did then too. Cait was a tough fight, but I got by.
Yeah I can't imagine laning against a Caitlyn as Soraka in middle lane. I guess if it was the old meta you'd know what you were getting in to but **** that range and she'd put the traps in the way to impede that Starfall harass.

I guess a few armor runes and a ninja tabi would help. My thing is did you try to dodge her harass or tank it and quickly starfall spam down the waves?

xXxBloodLustxXx

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar23j2 View Post
the opposite team probably sucked you cant do this in high elo because soraka doesnt bring enough to the table to deserve a solo lane however she is one of the best if not the best support champion and should be played that way
what would you know, your probably a low elo scrub.

OHTWO

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxBloodLustxXx View Post
what would you know, your probably a low elo scrub.
you're*

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
I guess a few armor runes and a ninja tabi would help. My thing is did you try to dodge her harass or tank it and quickly starfall spam down the waves?
Old ninja tabi I wasn't so fond of. New one is pretty decent if you have to fight piledriver right click champs like yi or cait or xin or tryn.

The only way to beat a REALLY good cait, as sora, is to avoid her when her passive procs and she comes to shoot you for 150% damage. You also can't get into a major scuffle before level 2-3. Just trying to get into starcall range is going to get you shot. Your infuse can outrange her autoattack, but 50 damage every 10 seconds is nothing compared to her 100 damage right clicks.

You have to time it so that when you go in range to harass and take that shot, that she doesn't have her passive up, and you have at least starcall/infuse/decent clicky skills. In the time of one shot, you should be able to go in, starcall, autoattack, retreat, then infuse her, and win the tradeoff in the exchange. The problem is there's NO WAY to do significant damage to her without taking some in the process. Most anyone else you can think of (Morde ,veigar, ahri, viktor) you could dodge their abilities and get harass off without getting hit, but not with cait.

A strong cait, xin, kassadin (and usually only once he makes six), or maokai (Your starcall spam triggers his 8% max health heal passive) are trouble for soraka.... But she can destroy just about anyone else if she gets to fight them from level 1 on.

Also, defensive runes/spec help a ton. I just can't run soraka without a ?/21?/? build. I go from averaging 4-5 deaths to 12+ and it's just disgusting.

Mr FrogBucket

05-13-2012

Soraka ownnsss midd!
you will always push tower first
and one more thought to leave with you, what is more satisfying than a soraka penta?
GOD **** NOTHING

Naedox

05-13-2012

Would Soraka be better solo or with an ally?

WAHWOAINI

Recruiter

05-13-2012

Any tips on Soraka mid? I can't seem to play her correctly...Like what's your skill sequence?

scarpone

05-13-2012

still prefer to carry support her:P
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2118943