Best way to IP farm?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTheRain

04-16-2012

Play the game.

Powerstoned

04-16-2012

this isn't an mmorpg where there's some quick/easy way to get gold.

play Summoner Rift > Draft - Normal

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

For the time spent, technically the fastest way to grind IP used to be to do a custom bot game against one bot with Master Yi going to the mid lane while the opposing bot goes bottom. It used to be possible to win this game under 8 minutes. Do these for an hour and you would get more IP per hour than you would from a one hour ranked game that you won and carried including load times for all the games.

However, that is when custom bot games were "basic" bots and not "beginner" bots. The beginner bot I noticed will eventually switch to the mid lane forcing me to contend with it. I wasn't going for a quick time necessarily but this would definitely slow things down a bit keeping you from doing 7-8 minute games. But if you could do these games within 10 minutes and get 20 IP per game you would get about 120 IP per hour. I'm betting you would get more per game than that though.

Don't get bogged down on doing these bot games if you can't do them quick. It's not worth it if you can't. Do the math on it. I make a lot of IP every day playing normal games. I made more than 1500 IP today (no boost) playing normal games and still worked 6 hours.

Powerstoned

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
Well, win or lose being purple gets you more Ip (but you can't chose to be blue or purple) Kills, assists, and taking out towers and inhibitors and CS I think are what are factored into your score. So, if you are not so good at getting kills, focus on crushing dowers and creeps...
The only things that factor into the IP you receive is:

The game type you are playing
Wins or Loses
The amount of time in a match
1st win of the day bonus
IP boosts you can buy with RP/real money.

Kills, assists, towers, inhibitors, and CS do nothing as far as how much IP you get. If that was the case, no one would play support, and the amount of dodging and ragequitting games would be crazy.

BlackRabbi

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
If you think the support is the least important role in the game.... well, you haven't been playing with decent people.... support indirectly carries the team through warding and keeping the AD alive and well fed, among other things.

All roles are equally important, but they serve different purposes in a team. It's almost like comparing Apples to Oranges to Lemons to Kiwis to Blueberries.
Not to argue, but i was just listing what is important in a solo que. don't get me wrong i love a good support and believe that every team should have a skilled support, but if you're going around playing in solo que's then you should learn to play an amazing jungler or ap mid, granted there is a chance you can still lose. If Theoddone was in a solo que playing support with 4 baddies or even 3 baddies on his side against a team of average players, then the other team has a WAY better chance of winning.

sorry for long explanation >.<

Furikurifan4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

I think a while ago there was a thread where someone did some math, and he said queueing with 5 friends and surrendering and requeueing at the 20 minute mark would get you the most ip/time used. This was a while ago though. He based the fact that the base ip everyone gets for the game is about half of what people earn in a long winning game. By playing 3 games an hour and just taking the base ip you get for playing, you are getting the most gold possible. Of course, it takes 4 other people to farm this way, but it seemed very effective.

Furikurifan4

04-17-2012

Did a little looking around, for a surrender at 20, you get about 55 ip, for a 55 minute WIN, you get about 145. So it's a little faster. Note that any duration longer than 55 still caps at the 55 minute mark, and any game with a duration less than 25 minutes rounds up to 25 for determining ip, this is not true for co-op vs AI.

EDIT: Technically, if your whole team feeds and the other team pushes and wins before the 20 minute mark, it's an even better ratio.

Nicodemous

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
The only things that factor into the IP you receive is:

The game type you are playing
Wins or Loses
The amount of time in a match
1st win of the day bonus
IP boosts you can buy with RP/real money.

Kills, assists, towers, inhibitors, and CS do nothing as far as how much IP you get. If that was the case, no one would play support, and the amount of dodging and ragequitting games would be crazy.
I could easily be wrong, however, I have noticed that games where I get a ton of kills I tend to earn more Ip, or I can have a game wtih no kills but take out 7 towers and I earn more Ip. Games where I was worthless, I tend to earn squat. I think you are likely right (that I am not right), but there is something that factors into beyond what you said becasue other wise the amount of Ip you earn per game would be very pradictable and realitvly constant. That is never true for me...

Furikurifan4

04-18-2012

There is a formula for ip, based off of the length of the game and whether you won or lost.

GrammyNumnums

09-20-2012

Play dominion matches they are fast so you will get ip faster i get like 65 ip a match and i usewally win, you can do 1-4 matchs an hour