Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebal View Post
They pop out, attack me, and most of the time I can't get away. As Gragas, I can body slam away (maybe even go past a short wall), and as Veigar I can use event horizon and give myself a decent advantage in distance, but I often find that these abilities are on cooldown or ultimately don't make a difference; I am, especially as Gragas, slower than them, and they take me down extremely quickly with their criticals and 2 ApS attack speed.

Also, I find that my Veigar and Gragas game is okay; I know what to build to (for me, at least), I mostly know their abilities and how to use them (although I am not a great innovator, yet), and I believe that I am good, or at least decent with them. However, I believe that my general game isn't the best. Zoning, positioning, etcetera.
You should try to save that Gragas's body slam in most situation so that even if the enemy appears in your sight, you still have a chance to get out.

Same thing with Veigar, you either stun the enemy and aim for the kill, or you should save it because it costs a lot of mana and is your own CC.

Just taking an example here, Xin. If you farmed up with Gragas or Veigar, usually you will be able to instant burst down a Xin that is building to 2 AS, due to them not building any MR or health pool. DO NOT PANIC. Gragas and Veigar both have amazing burst that allow them to finish off the enemy if they jump on you.

As for zoning and positioning and other stuff, I believe you will need to find someone else to help you with, as they are too difficult to go over in a thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowkill View Post
I'm currently at 1046, and i play a nice support and top (win lanes 75% about), but I just don't seem to be able to win unless I'm in duo with a higher rated friend. Can you give me any advice about how to avoid games with unskilled players other than playing with just a higher rated friend?

Could you also please tell me some counters for Morde and Nasus?

Thanks
Seems like you are winning your lane but don't know how to expand the advantage. (Which usually higher ELO friend can help you with, but you can't if you are solo)

The thing about solo top is usually about farming, however, you also have access to the enemy jungle and can go to mid. If you are playing a solo top that has decent crowd control or ganking ability, don't waste all of your time on farming. Shove the minion wave to the enemy turret and proceed to help the jungle or mid. If you can get mid lane to win, then the bottom lane will also benefit from it.

Morde counter: Brand, Cass
Nasus counter: Vladimir, AD Nidalee, Rumble, Yorick.
(There are more, of course)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

martini0072

Member

04-15-2012

how do i know whether or not i'm ready to play a certain champion in ranked?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini0072 View Post
how do i know whether or not i'm ready to play a certain champion in ranked?
If you can win 7/10 games in normal, then you should be set. (Assuming your normal ELO is reflecting your ranked ELO's skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ternce

Senior Member

04-15-2012

Is Jax in a good spot right now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoneyForNothin

Senior Member

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternce View Post
Is Jax in a good spot right now?
He's a more consistent pick and has more versatility now, but at the same time, he doesn't pack the same powerful punch against certain matchups like he used to. I'd say he's stronger as a general champion, especially early in the game, but his role as a powerful AD counter and late game force is a bit weaker.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

Senior Member

04-16-2012

im scared of ranked, :S iv been playing for about 6 months with around 320 normals won but many of the people iv been playing with are above 1400 elo and iv been able to match up to some 1700 elo friends of mine in the bot lane as a carry but im absolutely scared ****less of the stories my friends have told me about how everyone at 1200 dc's and feeds regardless of whether or not you destroy mid lane and gank every lane while maintaining perfect cs that it really wont matter much in the end when u lose

so my plan is to make sure this doesnt happen and i can win like my first ten ranked games alone and stuff lol and i was wondering if you could give me some talent markers to reach before i attempt anything.

currently, i can get 80 cs alone at 10 min with no items, time and call for every buff and dragon( enemy and team), and have around 70 plus wins over loses in normal games. my main roles are ad carry and jungler because i can play every ad carry at a similar level and am strong with lee sin,amumu,mundo,jax and twitch jungles. However i can also play any lane and not feed lol

if u need something else for this let me know, i just need so tips on were from here i need to go before carrying to at least 1400 with no problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argotor

Member

04-16-2012

I got a question on how to shutdown Morgana. All the good ones will not attempt to harass. Go for a very strong AP rune/mastery build and use her W to farm. She then gos behind tower after using her W and gets lots of farm. Morgana is very hard to out farm and is very hard to push her out of the lane or gank as a really good Morgana hugs the turret after she gets her pool up to level 3 and does not need to last hit. Caitlyn is the only one I can imagine being able to harass Morgana with her absurd range. Is there any suggestions on how to prevent Morgana from free farming the whole game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
im scared of ranked, :S iv been playing for about 6 months with around 320 normals won but many of the people iv been playing with are above 1400 elo and iv been able to match up to some 1700 elo friends of mine in the bot lane as a carry but im absolutely scared ****less of the stories my friends have told me about how everyone at 1200 dc's and feeds regardless of whether or not you destroy mid lane and gank every lane while maintaining perfect cs that it really wont matter much in the end when u lose

so my plan is to make sure this doesnt happen and i can win like my first ten ranked games alone and stuff lol and i was wondering if you could give me some talent markers to reach before i attempt anything.

currently, i can get 80 cs alone at 10 min with no items, time and call for every buff and dragon( enemy and team), and have around 70 plus wins over loses in normal games. my main roles are ad carry and jungler because i can play every ad carry at a similar level and am strong with lee sin,amumu,mundo,jax and twitch jungles. However i can also play any lane and not feed lol

if u need something else for this let me know, i just need so tips on were from here i need to go before carrying to at least 1400 with no problems.
In order to stomp below 1400, usually you want to kill the enemy and destroy their morale. They will rage quit or rage at teammates for their own fault if you kill them, farming is not the way to go.

The war under 1400 is more about destroying the enemy's intention to fight on rather than a safe farming spree. Be more aggressive to the enemy, and duo with a friend to reduce the chance of the same thing happening on your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotor View Post
I got a question on how to shutdown Morgana. All the good ones will not attempt to harass. Go for a very strong AP rune/mastery build and use her W to farm. She then gos behind tower after using her W and gets lots of farm. Morgana is very hard to out farm and is very hard to push her out of the lane or gank as a really good Morgana hugs the turret after she gets her pool up to level 3 and does not need to last hit. Caitlyn is the only one I can imagine being able to harass Morgana with her absurd range. Is there any suggestions on how to prevent Morgana from free farming the whole game?
You don't need to harass or prevent Morgana to farm. The fact that Morg is relatively slow and sucks at pushing turret allow you to put more pressure on other lanes than she can.

the other fact is that Morg really sucks at last hitting at turret, you can easily shove all the minion into her turret when her pool is still at low level.

Finally, Morg's damage will not be as strong as most other AP carry unless you let her to get fed, so be sure to put more pressure on other lanes and you will soon see her falling behind and can't come back with her team.