Mordekaiser's voice quotes...

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Master

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Figured this would be the more fitting place to post this, as I doubt anyone in Champion Feedback would care.

Am I the only one who is unsettled by Mordekaiser's quote: "You only need to click once, fool"?

I know the lore isn't exactly the top priority aspect of LoL, but I've played a number of champions since starting LoL, and I've not heard an out of character quote like that from any except Mordekaiser so far.

What makes it worse still is that he actually has a creative in-character quote that has the same general effect: "So be it... summoner."

Yet the quote about clicking really sticks out like a sore thumb. I know it was probably added for fun, much like Warcraft III characters would sometimes reference player activity and so forth, but is it really necessary to have one such quote sticking out in such a manner? Or am I simply overthinking this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Jarvan IV

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Fourth wall!

Fourth wall!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Agreed. Maybe Mordekaiser has been driven so mad by the fact he constantly wears his armor, and the fact that he's so surrounded by disease that he's gone insane and started thinking that he's in some kind of game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyerden

Senior Member

04-12-2012

There are other examples, such as Akali's joke: So many noobs...will matchmaking ever find true balance?

I think it's inevitable that for anything to be particularly funny, you must draw from popular culture sources. That said, it would certainly be nice if some of these could try to stay within the context of the lore... Mordekaiser's quote struck me as odd as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Master

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyerden View Post
There are other examples, such as Akali's joke: So many noobs...will matchmaking ever find true balance?

I think it's inevitable that for anything to be particularly funny, you must draw from popular culture sources. That said, it would certainly be nice if some of these could try to stay within the context of the lore... Mordekaiser's quote struck me as odd as well.
True. And there are plenty of ways to make pop culture references while not being blatantly out of character. The Warcraft devs have perfected it to an art in WoW, for instance.

Still, Mordekaiser is pretty awesome. Makes me wish champions had more different quotes each, but I suppose that'd be a strain on the development budget or whatnot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinkymado

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Well of course they need to make out-of-game references at some point. Where did Akali, Malzahar, Kayle, Janna, Ashe, Ezreal, Volibear, etc. learn to dance?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Master

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkymado View Post
Well of course they need to make out-of-game references at some point. Where did Akali, Malzahar, Kayle, Janna, Ashe, Ezreal, Volibear, etc. learn to dance?
Well, dancing is vague enough to pass.

Quotes are a bit more blatant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HydroKyogre

Senior Member

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligan View Post
Well, dancing is vague enough to pass.

Quotes are a bit more blatant.
I think Ezreal's dance was pretty blatant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrozen

Senior Member

04-12-2012

One does not simply walk into Morder...

Wait...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brenin Lieuwd

Junior Member

12-03-2012

If only we had some champion who said things like...I dunno..."You only need to click ONCE...Fool!"


12