Anyone play any good MMORPGs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferisar

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragain View Post
Common misconception. By the time of Columbus leaving Spain "to prove the world wasnt flat" the majority of the population believed the world to be round, and so on.

Also those are about scientifically fact as can be correct or be wrong, WoW being good is opinion as in numbers do matter.
So what you're tryin' to say is.
World of Warcraft is flat?
(Yes, I know it actually is all kinds of rectangles)

Pending

The Council

10-20-2009

I am from the future and play Guild Wars 2.
Srs, i'm excited for it.

JohnnyPanic

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pending View Post
I am from the future and play Guild Wars 2.
Srs, i'm excited for it.
Lineage 3 imo.

Rhaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPanic View Post
Lineage 3 imo.
That would be Aion.

PRyck

10-24-2009

the two MMOs i been playing are Fallen Earth and Champions online. i wont touch Aion because its a WoW clone with wings and a horrible grind.

Nex Sanctum

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII View Post
Aside from the P2P ones, is anyone playing a good MMORPG that they would like to recommend? Preferably something not so grindy with a decent class system and lots of customization possibilities.
Yeah...MMOs arent for you... :/

Maybe...FlyFF? I dunno...uh...Second Life.

gutter

10-25-2009

I don't have much faith in F2P MMOs. The only one I really ever played lasted me about 10 minutes and I wasn't impressed with how hard it was to move your character.

I kind of came a bit late to the MMO party compared to the "veterans" out there. I've played EVE, WAR, and of course, WoW.

I pre-ordered WAR and was very impressed with it...until I got one of my characters past level 10. Then I realized that there was no way I could stick with the game. The starting zones are FANTASTIC, I really really love them. Most fun starting zones I think I've ever experienced. The problem is that once you get past level 10 you feel like you're playing a single-player game that occasionally gets hacked into by someone else (explaining why you occasionally see someone else running around and think, "Why are THEY here?!"). WAR has a lot of great concepts for a PvE game but they set out determined to make it a PvP (or "RvR") game so a lot of those great PvE concepts don't really reach their full potential. The PvP admittedly is pretty fun but it's not so fantastic that it makes up for the fact that the actual world seems to be a ghost town.

WoW was, well...WoW. Most of the criticisms against WoW seem to be in direct opposition to what makes it so popular. It, allegedly, is not hardcore enough (which probably helps it have over 10 million subscribers), has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with gear (which gives people something to work towards and makes them think that if only they can get geared up they'll be comptetent), and just generally suffers for balance issues and just isn't really stellar at anything. Not saying I agree with those points, but I mean obviously whatever Blizzard's doing is working for them and I found the game fun (imagine that!) so I don't really have anything to add to the conversation on that.

EVE intrigued me the most with its economy and whatnot but even though I was pretty obsessed for my 15-day free trial, I felt like I needed to take a whole college course just to figure the game out. That said, every time I see an advertisement for EVE they always have some new free expansion out that apparently has improvements of near divine magnitude so for all I know it could be the best game on the planet now. Actually just writing this post made me go start another 15-day trial, so I'll see how it goes after I'm done downloading.

But this doesn't answer the OP at all, so...

goofninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-25-2009

Quote:
WoW was, well...WoW. Most of the criticisms against WoW seem to be in direct opposition to what makes it so popular. It, allegedly, is not hardcore enough (which probably helps it have over 10 million subscribers), has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with gear (which gives people something to work towards and makes them think that if only they can get geared up they'll be comptetent), and just generally suffers for balance issues and just isn't really stellar at anything. Not saying I agree with those points, but I mean obviously whatever Blizzard's doing is working for them and I found the game fun (imagine that!) so I don't really have anything to add to the conversation on that.
People who generally cry about how WoW sucks are:

1. Kids who've never played it.
2. They can't afford it.
3. Have an extremely short attention span that can only be satisfied by playing Halo 3.

Having to have played WoW for a looooong time (lolwut), I can safely tell you how intense it actually is. No competition? Arenas. No skills require huh? Well, if you ran into _ANY_ arena match with greens, you'd get stomped. So how do people gear up, you ask? Oh, funny thing, you play BGs (battlegrounds) to earn "honor points." WAIT, DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? IP POINTS IN THE LoL STORE! And BGs are fun, with a combination of CTF, Attack and Defend, and well... "Grab the Flag in the middle and bring it back to your base." (LOL I LOVE EOTS)

Unbalanced? Well, let's just say Blizzard has been working on these issues as long as they've been out. Hell, even LoL here is unbalanced.

So yeah, if you've never tried it, give it a shot. Until then, don't talk **** and be a fanboy. If you still hate it afterwards, well, you can't have everything in the world, huh?

Chillspawn

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holoch View Post
People who generally cry about how WoW sucks are:

1. Kids who've never played it.
2. They can't afford it.
3. Have an extremely short attention span that can only be satisfied by playing Halo 3.
1: I'm 20 an I've tried it, 3x.
2: I can afford it plenty much, I just prefer paying for good products (Age of conan?)
3: I'd have a bigger attention span if the game was actually interesting but yeah.. Auto attack and casting a spell every 15 seconds with such .. awesome graphics .. isn't very attention worthy. Hell I find Ultimat Online 3d's graphics better than WoW.. And UO3D is ugly.

Takara

10-30-2009

WoW, EVE Online - P2P Best IMO

S4 League, DOA Online - Some for reason

Blade and Soul , C9 , Tera Online , Aion, Guild Wars 2 - Best Anticipated Games