Top 500 Players Prior to Reset

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uthgar

Recruiter

10-26-2009

Solo que isn't that bad, It really is a coin flip... sometimes you get in with a dysfunctional group and sometimes you get in with smaller groups queing together and you can work together and even beat 5 man teams. I que solo quite a bit, I find it enjoyable not having to talk to anyone sometimes.

Dragongem

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arete View Post
Hi,

This is great for people who, well, play pre-mades alot, but how many people are up there for solo? I realize you're adding brackets for solo/pairs, but what about those of us who solo queued most of the time.

Ive only played maybe 4-5 premades my entire 300 games or so, so its a bit tougher for me to raise my ELO as I get the random 50/50 chance of winning.

What about us!
Heh, I was #380 and I went 80% solo queues. I would run premades with 2 of my online friends and we would get rolled constantly by 5 man hardcore premades (seriously my premade win-rate is 33% at best)

I was hovering at about a 57%-62% win ratio.

HowlingKommando

10-26-2009

Yay for IP boost.

Veridic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
I AM Ironyman.
Fail Alanis. Fail.

I may be one of the few who think there is a problem with this on the boards/irc because the people who frequent them are all getting the boost... I know it is strange to complain about being given an edge- but I don't think it's fair and there is definitely a better way to go about it.

Large McBigHuge

10-26-2009

So wait, which icon is for the masters? Can someone post what they look like? I haven't played in a while but it looks like I got the master beta award. Shoulda played 1 more game coulda hit grandmaster

Vorador

The Council

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large McBigHuge View Post
So wait, which icon is for the masters? Can someone post what they look like? I haven't played in a while but it looks like I got the master beta award. Shoulda played 1 more game coulda hit grandmaster
lol what account is this... can't post on your good one?

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-26-2009

For all the people complaining about solo queues, my smurf was in the top 100 and all I do is solo queue. Maybe 80% solo queue, 20% premade.

HowlingKommando

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridic View Post
Fail Alanis. Fail.

I may be one of the few who think there is a problem with this on the boards/irc because the people who frequent them are all getting the boost... I know it is strange to complain about being given an edge- but I don't think it's fair and there is definitely a better way to go about it.
The point is that there is no edge.

It is a matter of balancing out those with higher ELO so they can obtain IP at the same rate as new players and that they won't be tempted into making new accounts and stomping beginners.

Ragmanni

10-26-2009

I was 508th and I'm 100% solo Q. Over the course of this beta I've played in two premade games, and I've got around 400+ games played.

Although I will admit a very, VERY, big, and unhappily too large, chunk of my losses was due to ridiculous leaving/afking/feeding.

So it is a ****ty deal, but it is possible. I could have played a lot more as well.

FightTest

10-26-2009

There's going to be an empty space in my soul for the rest of my life. That space longing to be filled with the knowledge of what my ELO was. Another burden to bear. Oh my, my life.