Morello Speaks on Dominion :-)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

04-08-2012

The biggest issue with champ balance is that champs that normally cant farm get free gold and go nuts.

The only reason Wu isn't banned on SR is that you can counter him pretty easily in top lane, he gets behind, he doesn't turn into Wu-Kong Destroyer of Worlds.

Glad you posted this, I think we'll see some changes coming along, but probably not before May 15th

Cauldrath

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Thing it makes me wonder, he says that Dominion is strongly 1v1. There are plenty of team comps that can be designed which do not have strong 1v1 champs. I get hte feeling Morello is looking at the 1200 PUBS
If your team has no good 1v1 champs, then the other team can just backdoor in multiple places with strong 1v1 champs and your team's ability to win teamfights doesn't matter as much.

I don't think I've seen any good team comps with zero good 1v1 champs, anyway. (They don't have to be Riven/Warwick/Jax, just able to put up enough of a fight that someone would have to recall after the 1v1.) Having one or two champs who are just there for support can be strong, but you aren't going to win against a 1v1 backcap strategy with 5 supports running support builds.

04-08-2012

I don't get all this 1v1 stuff. How often does that happen minus bot? Even then it's just a 1v1 lane like in SR and it's kind of balanced with many champs countering others. In the games I was used to playing, if I was alone, I was out of position and probably about to die.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Possible design flaws:

Resawning mechanics.

Personal score system.

Poor itemization for casters.

Purpleskoal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

I think the design flaw is bottom lane. Since there isn't a jungler like in SR you get rewarded for pushing and overextending most of the time. This limits your choice of champs that can go bot(and there are 2 must bans that are bot laners).

inFe eD

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleskoal View Post
I think the design flaw is bottom lane. Since there isn't a jungler like in SR you get rewarded for pushing and overextending most of the time. This limits your choice of champs that can go bot(and there are 2 must bans that are bot laners).
The 'jungler' is the other 4 members of the enemy team. Remember them? If you're blatantly out of position you can get ganked without hurting top at all, since you'll take maybe 10 seconds to gank and kill.

Iron Tyranno

04-08-2012

Quote:
Well half the time though the other enemy bot will push just as hard which tends to lead to a stalemate till a mistake is made...

Nilat

04-08-2012

Quote:
Totally agreed. Just the fact that in blind pick at lower elos, no one wants to play bot or pick a champ even capable of doing so underscores this. It simply is not fun to play bot, it's too much like laning in SR. I play Dom to get away from this.

Basoosh

04-08-2012

Good news is someone at Riot said the word Dominion.

Bad news is its gonna be several months before anything happens.

I'll take it.

MMKH

04-08-2012

Probably when I'm back from Diablo 3 vacation there will be some updates on Dominion lol.