Mutual Surrender

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Four Skins

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post
Should have a "remake" option, just like Heroes of Newerth has, if like, someone DC's and is not coming back you can just remake the game, there's a 10 minute time limit for it to happen, though.

Another thing I'd really like implemented is a pause-feature, so if someone DC's we can pause for them, not having pause is completely dumb IMO, even Warcraft 3 had a nifty pause feature.

A remake option in HoN would be amazing...either a draw or remake would work.

ngatrent

08-01-2010

Definitly agree, post in general forums

Leksu

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post
Should have a "remake" option, just like Heroes of Newerth has, if like, someone DC's and is not coming back you can just remake the game, there's a 10 minute time limit for it to happen, though.

Another thing I'd really like implemented is a pause-feature, so if someone DC's we can pause for them, not having pause is completely dumb IMO, even Warcraft 3 had a nifty pause feature.
A pause-feature would be abused a lot. For example if you were being chased by enemy champions, then you could pause to get overview about where they are or do a fancy escape trick and pause right after to confuse them.

After last patch, there have been a lot of people who crash right when they enter a game, and then they miss out on at least 1-2 levels before they can reconnect. I've tried it myself. At that moment a pause-feature would be nice, then it should just only be allowed when someone dc's.

Donnylicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

honestly, who in their right mind wouldn't want to exploit a 5v4 for 2v3 and get easy points? IMO don't think any opposing team would agree. Just another annoying thing to click besides the surrender every 5 mins lol

Rahnahsa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

As an option, sure, I guess.

But having that just means you don't try. I've won multiple rifts with 1 leaver, and even one with 2 leavers. It's all about coordination and recognizing your advantages (increased farm and exp) and disadvantages (less potential damage output) and most of all, you have to play smart and aggressive. If you let the match drag, the level gap disappears, they get their items, and you lose to superior numbers.

Never give up, never surrender!

diasake

08-03-2010

makes sense so if with the draw option or mutaul surrender both teams get min ip or no ip there has to be a sort of mutal exp and ip given to both sides after the draw

Colonel J

08-05-2010

I don't think A winning team would want to surrender because someone ragequitted imo

TPick

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
I don't think A winning team would want to surrender because someone ragequitted imo
I agree but there might be a way to promote this type of behavior. Lets say someone d/c's about 10 minutes into the game and hasn't come back by the 15 mark. At this point both teams agree to draw. Now for both teams you take whatever amount of IP or rating change they would have gotten for a full game and prorate for they % of time towards the 25 min surrender mark. So at 15 minutes each team would get 60% of their bonus.

Something like that anyway to promote good sportsmanship and the team that most likely would have one wouldn't come out empty handed.

Colonel J

08-05-2010

^ There is no real way to deduce how much IP/XP one would get at the end of the game. It's usually 200. 60% of 200 is 120. Which is a lot for only 25m of playtime. And because of this, I'm sure people will abuse this system and keep doing this making your solution invalid. Why would grp of people playing for 25m get the same amount of IP/XP for 50m-60m?

Getting rewarded for doing nothing does not promote good sportsmanship imo.

welkam

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
I dont like winning 5vs3.

12345678 ... 12