@Reds - Dominion Ranked in Season 2?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Erosion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Turn it oooonnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Seriously though, the faster pros flock to and play dominion, the faster a metagame develops. Anyone can win with anything at low levels, but the high elos are were you see if a game is balanced or not. Having a ranked would push that faster.

Bullistix

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Depends on how things shake out balance wise really.
then why does TT have a ranked option?

Xin Kaishek

09-30-2011

Quote:
Depends on how things shake out balance wise really. The implementation is done on the back side, but we want the map to have a chance to mature enough before we flip the switch.
Hold out for a couple months. By then I should be level 30. I'll message you then and tell when you flip the switch. Thanks.

Kazarack

09-30-2011

Quote:
Depends on how things shake out balance wise really. The implementation is done on the back side, but we want the map to have a chance to mature enough before we flip the switch.
I really hope that Riot does NOT plan on using the broken ELO system, and they will use the player personal score system for dominion ranked. I understand that the player personal score system is not perfect, BUT if Riot takes ur average score and uses that in their matchmaking system it will be alot more efficient at placing you in the right skill bracket than some mass punishment / reward ELO system.

Kazarack

09-30-2011

Downvote me all you want, the ELO system is broken, and RIOT has a chance to really make a difference in how their ranked ladders operate on a brand new map. Why use the ELO system? It is simply not an effective way to gauge a players performance!

chide da jungler

09-30-2011

Quote:
He's right it isn't very balanced right now, but I don't think you'll ever get a higher % of viable champions in dominion without affected SR. That's the reality of games with different "modes."

re: WoW battlegrounds vs PvE balancing.

CorayThan

09-30-2011

I can probably enjoy another month or two of no ranked Dominion. After that, I may have to go on an LOL hiatus until my preferred game mode is ranked, though.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Bump. Pleease? For Christmas?

larkhill

04-03-2012

successful necro is successful...

also note that he specifically said the map needs to mature, not the champions.

inc changes to mid relic

Cherokeepimp

04-03-2012

Quote:
Excuses, excuses. Yet everyday people leave Dominion because of your "chance to mature" excuse and everyone is forced to play with low ELO people who don't give 2 craps about the game and deal with a broken matchmaking game.

The sooner you release Dominion the sooner people might began to play it.

I mean really what exactly are you looking for to mature? You barely give it attention. I could see if you were actually doing things to it, but what exactly do you need to learn that you haven't already since you've barely changed anything? It sounds like to me you guys don't give 2 ****s about Dominion and keep brushing it off.

12345612 ... 13