[Guide]Desert Stormin' with Nasus - LONG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

myrmidon

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
trinity force, not infinity edge although the latter works amazing afterwards...
the only problem is that the frozen mallets HP is extremely important in quite a few games... but i'll give it a try

Hatch

10-22-2009

Aaagh I can't decide between Infinity Edge and Trinity Force! And what about Bloodthirster? AAAAAGH

Seriously, wish I could tell which items were mathematically better deals for the money on Nasus. So many conflicting reports!

Charmicarmicarmicat

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
Aaagh I can't decide between Infinity Edge and Trinity Force! And what about Bloodthirster? AAAAAGH

Seriously, wish I could tell which items were mathematically better deals for the money on Nasus. So many conflicting reports!
I can promise you hands down that trinity force>>>>>>>>> infinity edge, but both draw power from each other.

Also, TF has way better buildop and overall usefulness.

kijik

10-25-2009

I gotta say, I approve of this guide in a big way.
Been playing Nasus a LOT lately, and running this guides skill and item build(though I tend to rush nashors before boots even, spirit fire and intelligence=nigh untouchable in lane) and every game thus far the enemy team has surrendered before I even got the warmogs(read: I only had Nashor's Zerkers Sheen) just those 3 items with some decent jungling for buffs and gankage makes nasus a complete monster mid game.
Granted my ELO got dropped by some single queueing and experimenting so I may not be facing rocket scientists, this guide has brought back one of my favorite heroes(concept atleast) into being playable by my standards.

myrmidon

10-25-2009

After trying maybe 4 games with Trinity Force... I have to say it works really, really well BUT, I feel much more 'gimped' until I really start farming items instead of skipping straight to the B.F. Sword. If you're up against an extremely active team and you need a way to fight back I have a feeling getting a Bloodthirster over Trinity would be very useful.

Trinity's ability ****ing owns though, and the more damage you stack on top of it the harder you hit, I had an Infinity Force on top of it and was critting for almost 1k.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmidon View Post
Trinity's ability ****ing owns though, and the more damage you stack on top of it the harder you hit, I had an Infinity Force on top of it and was critting for almost 1k.
No, no, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
aiya...

Sheen takes NO effect from items +damage to your attack.

It is your BASE!!! damage!!
(Meaning: Your hero's RAW attack with NO ADDITIVES, ie: item, or rally, or anything)

thus for sheen's damage ONLY INCREASES WITH CHAMPION LEVEL.

The same goes for trinity force
And this was posted just a page before. -_-

Atmosfear

10-25-2009

+1 for the brilliant title

Only thing I notice is that you said his ulti increases his movement speed. As someone who has been playing Nasus 100% since the reset, I'm 99% sure that you don't get any sort of move speed increase. The Ulti just increases your HP and gives you the damage/drain aura. If you are basing your description from the website, that information is out-dated from 2 patches ago.

kijik

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquan View Post
No, no, no.

And this was posted just a page before. -_-
Nasus has what, 100 base damage or more at lvl 18? so with sheen that's 100 extra every 3 seconds on top of the AP and mana it gives you, and with trinity that's 150 extra every 3 seconds on top of the gaggle of goodies it gives you?

I'd say it's worth it.

Oh and for those that want bloodthirster and such, Bloodthirster is great for damage, granted, but IMO money is better spent on more efficient damage items(black cleaver, IE, hell even TF) 20% lifesteal is still fairly massive for how much damage you do, and honestly, the only time you'll need more is 1v1 carry fights, but you shouldn't be getting into those in a team game now should you?

myrmidon

10-26-2009

YES, YES, YES!

You guys need to READ!!! The effect for Trinity Force is completely different then the effect of Sheen. It is a flat 150% damage increase, so when you proc it after using Siphoning Strike you will be hitting HARD. As in, if your average damage is 100-150, you will be hitting 400-500 with TF + SS.

I've tested this and it is true, try it out.

Also after playing some more ranked games I'd say that TF is an absolute necessity, and that I'd consider the ideal item build to be Chalice -> A.Spd Boots -> TF -> Last Whisper -> whatever is needed.

I would say the only possible items to be gotten BEFORE TF would be Brutalizer or Frozen Heart if you're up against many stuns/slows so you can drop more SF and Wither more often. And maybe Frozen Mallet if you're up against a ton of melee, as the 100% proc rate and ~700hp reaaaally helps.

After testing a few builds if you're up against a competent team B.F. Sword as a 3rd item is a pretty poor choice and won't make up for the lack of HP/Mana/Burst damage gained from TF.

Also Last Whisper is an absolute must. This item needs to go into every. single. build. It is so cheap and the effects are so incredible there is no reason NOT to get this. The damage gain you get from this item alone are as great as buying a B.F. Sword and getting the 40% attack speed increase. This is very much a 'Have your cake and eat it too.' kind of item.

Maverick Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Myrm, thanks so much for your clarification of the way Sheen vs Trinity works. This explains why I felt like I was OWNING all of the sudden once I got the Trinity made.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to add Last Whisper to my build on your recommendation. According to the Item Cost Effectiveness Analysis here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ight=valuation

LW is not much more of a budget item than other high-end stuff. And after the boots and Trinity, I don't see much need for more attack speed. Also keep in mind that the arpen from LW is capped (this will matter more when runes and masteries are fully available again), while the armor reduction from Black Cleaver or Stark's Fervor is not. And for a similar price to LW, Stark's gives an aura, a bit more attack speed, and similar armor reduction unless you are up against a tank (target would have to have over 60 armor for LW to be better).

Not to say that LW is a bad item! I think it's great, just not a perfect fit for Nasus.

I've been able to play a lot with Nasus lately, and so far I've been very happy with Chalice > Berserker's > Trinity (Sheen, Zeal, Phage) > IE > Brutalizer (usually the match doesn't last up to or past the IE). I can't figure how I can justify passing up the IE for anything else, really, even Last Whisper.

I usually rank SF up to 3 pretty quickly, then stop. I don't need it to kill a wave for me (I'd prefer to run in and get a few extra points on my SS instead), but it's absolutely key to lane presence and facilitates everything you do. As a melee, it's great to have a way to drive off a ranged champ for a while so you can get a few last hits, all while doing great damage to the creeps.