Dominion Co-op vs AI Matches - Not Fun

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

TL;DR - It seems that either the Dominion bots are too good or the people who play Dominion bot matches are too inexperienced. Either way, I almost lose some of these matches. How do I guarantee a bot match win without needing to actually try to win?

I've noticed that, unlike my Summoner's Rift bot matches where the game is totally one sided and my team is pretty much guaranteed a win, I have had my team struggle in Dominion bot matches, even on Beginner. That should not happen when your team consists of level 30 summoners. I understand losing bot matches early on because you are learning how to play the game. There's no shame in losing a few bot matches when you are starting out, but this is just sad. Yeah, the Dominion bots are pretty good, but they are definitely not to the same level as normal summoners. The human players should be dominating every match, but that just isn't always the case.

Sad as this may be, I can't do anything about it. Whenever I try to help my allies by explaining things to them they complain about me being a "try hard" and/or say "it's just a bot match" when we are losing to bots. I never rage at them, nor do I call them "bad kids" or whatnot, but it pains me to watch how poorly they are playing. I'll occasionally yell at my monitor, which I've never done in a Summoner's Rift bot match.

I played a bot match as Twisted Fate where, near the end, our team was losing about 200-100. I had to basically go full out try-hard mode and single handedly win the match for my team (not easy when I had been experimenting with a hybrid TF build). If not for one other ally being good enough to know the concept of holding 3 points, we would have lost. Our bottom 3 teammates all had less points than the top bot champion...

I've wanted to try average and even less desirable Dominion champions, like Taric, on Dominion to see if I can learn more about the game mode, but I don't trust not playing an OP champ for fear of losing a bot match for the first time. I want my bot match history to be flawless, and that shouldn't be an issue, but I don't want to just play Yorick, Rammus, and Teemo in Dominion bot matches. That gets boring fast.

Do you guys have any tips on how I can guarantee my team will win without playing a champ that can basically win the game for my team? Do I just need to find a buddy to duo-queue with when I want to try out something unusual on Dominion?

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

It's hard to believe you're losing to bots. Are you level 30?

YoungBlade

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaire View Post
It's hard to believe you're losing to bots. Are you level 30?
Yes, I'm 30 and I haven't lost yet. Just gotten too close for comfort. I don't feel okay playing a Dominion bot match when the bots have a legitimate chance of winning. I'd prefer 5-7 minute games that end up being about 450-0. Instead I get 10-15 minute game that can end as 100-0 or as close as 49-0 (in one case).

If I play as an OP champion then I'm fine. It is only when I play a less desirable champion that I have issues in these bot matches. Basically, when I leave it up to my teammates to win the game for me, it goes from being easy to being nail biting. Whenever the bots have 3 (or heaven forbid 4) points I just shake my head in shame. Either matchmaking hates me or these bots are OP.

However, if I have a 5 man premade, we can win in 5 minutes no problem...

The LORD saves

03-29-2012

You're playing basic bots and almost losing?

YoungBlade

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaire View Post
You're playing basic bots and almost losing?
Only on Dominion. In Summoner's Rift I can play movespeed Cho'Gath stacking Zeals and we'll be done in 20 minutes. In Dominion it's another story. I just don't understand how my team can allow the bots to ever get a third point. It just makes no sense. But I can't be everywhere at once.

If I'm laning bot, we'll lose the Windmill. If I manage to cap the Windmill, they'll ninja the Refinery. No matter how much I ping my teammates just keep doing their own thing.

The most annoying are the ones who seem bent on getting as many kills as they can. It makes it impossible for me to do what bot matches are meant for: try out fun, unusual, or experimental builds/strategies/team comps to see how they work.

Basically my problem is that I need to actually try to win. I'd prefer it if my teammates were all good enough to just carry me through the bot match with me occasionally paying enough attention to cap a point or two while I do whatever ridiculous thing I'm trying to do - which is the reason why I'm doing it in a bot match in the first place.

The LORD saves

03-29-2012

Ok. I think you should practice your football skills, video games are not for you.

Wolfalisk

03-29-2012

If you think Dom bots are hard, you're not going to derive much more enjoyment from regular play.

Mad Suppordle

03-30-2012

I can solo queue into bot games and easily win playing hypertroll builds like AD Morgana and AP Ashe.

I also know that people have won domi vs bots without buying any items. It's hard to believe people can be that bad that they actually lose to bots :/

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
How do I guarantee a bot match win without needing to actually try to win?
do or do not, there is no try

Cauldrath

03-30-2012

I don't know about anyone else, but I got sick of 6-8 minute bot matches where I don't even complete one core item for the build I'm trying out, so I don't try to win the matches anymore - I just try to get as much gold as possible and not lose. So, yes, sometimes the bots will 3 or 4 cap us, because I'm letting them and I will get more gold by staying where I am and farming minions or bots, then going up and grabbing those points later when the spot I'm at is all cleared out or I run low on health/mana. Plus, the more points the bots have, the longer the game will run. You may have teammates who are doing the same, or they might just be that bad.

Quote:
The most annoying are the ones who seem bent on getting as many kills as they can. It makes it impossible for me to do what bot matches are meant for: try out fun, unusual, or experimental builds/strategies/team comps to see how they work.
So, for me, I've found this to be the opposite of true. It's impossible to try out builds while trying to win because you can't even get something resembling a build done.

12345 ... 7